It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad's quote

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
In the cold war, did the west not want to wipe Communism off the map? It didn't mean the west wanted to destroy every communist country.

The west never said any such thing. I think you have that backwards.

Soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev "We will bury you!"
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d73af0ffa3a1.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 16-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think you're right. I think the 'West' (USA) only wanted to keep Communism out of the Western Hemisphere... may be wrong though.

[edit on 9/16/2009 by abecedarian]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
good point, SLAYER69, but how does that relate to Iran and Israel?

[edit on 9/16/2009 by abecedarian]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Like the soviets, Iran even if they mean it I doubt they would try. The Soviets had more than enough to try but they didn't.

It's all words until the first round is fired.
Misquotation or not.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

True. There was a lot of chest-throwing, as has there always been threats and called bluffs. So it seems what it comes down to is a based on a gamble between what was said is and what was meant and maybe sparks fly.
I'd hope people are intelligent enought to not make it come to that though....

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I am quite new here and just made my 20th post yesterday allowing me to start a thread for first time - dont know how to F&S yet.

You reallly believe I posted to try to shut you up? Are you projecting perhaps?

But i honestly appreciated the work you did to source that quote - i tried but had no luck. I can only applaud the mature attitude and debate that happens on ATS, including yours.

Happy to debate any of the multitude of genocides that have occurred in the 20th century - not just the genocide that drives the Israel rhetoric.

Thanks

Bravo

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Bravo111]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Looks like the 'peaceful' Ahmadinejad is talking about Israel's destruction again.

Iranian president raises stakes against Israel

TEHRAN (Reuters) - President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has raised the stakes against Israel by describing the Holocaust as a lie, just as world powers are trying to decide how to deal with the nuclear ambitions of an Iran in political turmoil.

"The pretext (Holocaust) for the creation of the Zionist regime (Israel) is false ... It is a lie based on an unprovable and mythical claim," he told worshippers at Tehran University at the end of an annual anti-Israel "Qods (Jerusalem) Day" rally.

"Confronting the Zionist regime is a national and religious duty."

Ahmadinejad's anti-Western speeches and comments on the Holocaust have in the past caused an international outcry and isolated Iran which is at loggerheads with the West over its disputed nuclear programme.

The hardline president warned leaders of Western-allied Arab and Muslim countries about dealing with Israel.

"This regime (Israel) will not last long. Do not tie your fate to it ... This regime has no future. Its life has come to an end," he said in a speech broadcast live on state radio.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Excuse me, exactly where in this article is Iran calling for the "destruction of Israel"? Ever considered working for CNN?

I can understand the possibility that Media Translators for the Press can totally mistranslate/misrepresent the Farsi or Persian language to English.

+++but how the hell did ya' manage to misquote/translate/misrepresent ENGLISH TO ENGLISH fella?+++

I am neither for or against Israel or Iran and hope they can both live in peace - having spent time in Israel and Arab countries i find both sides as bad as each other.

I just cannot stand misrepresentation and demonization of any country as a pretext to armed conflict - especially whilst riding upon a wave of misplaced and manipulated patriotism.

Thanks

Bravo

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Bravo111]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Its easy to see that most people with any common sense wince every time admudindajab opens his mouth. He is your typical "crazy" leader that you see through-out history, brings their nations (people) to the brink of destruction and carries out the long term suffering and a stagnant future for generations of its people.

Iran has done some crazy ass things as far as I can see (just look at all the youth wasted during its pass wars 'like with Iraq') just a waste IMO.

Iran (to me) just won't give an inch. Iran is in the hands of crazy folks and it will only get crazier.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bravo111

Think you ought to take off you blinders for a minute, and read. It won't hurt. Really it won't. You can put them back on afterwards. Promise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join