It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abduction research -- The name "Jesus" -- If you have been abducted...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by moocowman

thanks for the rephrase.

it could be possible as well, that he is who he says he is in the text. afterall, if you read acts, romans and the epistles of paul, it doesn't take long to realize these are not catholic based concepts. if they wrote it then, they did so for some reason unbeknownst to most people for over 1000 years.

But we cannot know they are not the fabrications or manipulations, the contents of any scriptures claiming the occurrence does not make the event real. We need corroborative evidence.

Here's an example -
It is claimed in the gospels that the number of the beast is 666, yet the earliest fragment within the Oxyrhynchus Papyri 661 is found.

So we now have 2 (3 if you count 665)different versions of the number of the beast. Logically one would conclude that the the earliest reference to the number is more likely to be the correct one. This however does not make the beast any more real, there is no evidence that this entity that owns this number exists regardless of which number is correct.

There is indeed equal evidence of 3 separate beasts with 3 separate numbers to his name, ie zero they may appear in some books that some people believe to be true. But the fact that some people believe them to be true does not make them true.

St Paul has always been something of an enigma in New Testament studies, not least because of his "advanced" theology from such an apparently early date. Though contemporaneous, supposedly, with the godman Paul never meets him, and yet he becomes the most important apostle of the new religion. Then again, the man and his seminal epistles, by convention placed in the mid-years of the 1st century, are actually unheard of until late in the 2nd century. Could our hero from Tarsus be a pious fabrication – just like Jesus and the rest of the gang?
K Humphries

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

does the oxy fragment also reference the measurements of nebuchadnezzar's statue in daniel?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

does the oxy fragment also reference the measurements of nebuchadnezzar's statue in daniel?

I know where your going with this but it's somewhat detracting from the point as criteria can easily be met at a later date by those with an agenda to do so.

At the end of the day if what is written of the biblical jesus qualifies him as being a very real personage and god then one must accept the same for Mithras, if not why not ?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   

"Nebuchadnezzar the king made an image of gold, whose height was sixty cubits and its width six cubits. He set it up in the
plain of Dura, in the province of Babylon."
Daniel 3:1

the prophecies regarding 666 start at babylon, the first world empire in recorded biblical history, which culminates with the beasts of revelation

biblical prophecy is one of my favorite stomping grounds ....well not favorite so much as most frequently read and pondered

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

i have no reason to suggest mithras didn't exist.
and i have no reason to suggest that he's the template for jesus either.
i mean, seriously. jesus was a child on his mom's lap (the papacy did the statuary of that) and that must mean he's a reference to horus cause horus was a son on his mom's (isis) lap. oh my word ( i'm being sarcastic), you mean babies sat on their mom's laps? that's news to me.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by undo]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Howard Storms NDE might explain this very well! According to Mr Storm Jesus in known on millions of worlds! He seems like a sincere man and I have no reason to disbelieve what he said.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
There are many accounts where in fact calling on the mighty name of Jesus did in fact stop so called 'alien' abductions.

Here is a site that has several eyewitness testimonies.
www.alienresistance.org...

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
There are many accounts where in fact calling on the mighty name of Jesus did in fact stop so called 'alien' abductions.

Fortunately, my research isn't restricted to ATS (ATS is really the best site I've found for discussions, information, etc. but probably not the best for this type of research) and have begun to gather significant evidence that the Jesus name myth is just that: myth. What I've found will be included in my article and I'll likely create a website to offer this information. It will make the belief in Jesus' name as a magical incantation to fend off abductions seem silly, and deservedly so. There is nothing "mighty" about the name Jesus, no more than Allah, Buddha, or Mickey Mouse. It's the belief of the person, not the name itself, that works.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

I've rarely read, if ever, in my 62 years, more UNFOUNDED balderdash.

--Why is it that there is no tendency to say in any culture

OH MUHAMMED as a curse word?

--Why is there no tendency to say in any culture

OH KRISHNA as a curse word?

--Why is there no tendency in any culture to say

OH BUDDAH as a curse word?

Yet around the world, crass, rebellious folks in many cultures use Jesus' name as a curse word in direct violation to one of the TEN COMMANDMENTS.

This is no accident nor coicidence.

The other names already belong to the darkness. No need to drag them down into the muck they are already a part of.

Jesus alone is God. Jesus alone is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Jesus alone is the power above all powers.

That's the reason His name is assaulted by the rebellious.

It's more than a little silly, however. How long do they think He's going to allow such an affront from their finiteness?

Or do they construe themselves as infinitely powerful?

Now THAT'S absurdity to the max!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Jesus ? all that religon bull ?

There is war , death , poverty and all kind of horrible stuff going in the world , WHERE IS GOD WHEN YOU NEED HIM/HER/IT ?

There is no god .. It's that simple .

When you wake up tomorrow and decide to go to the Gym .. You don't say God willing I'll go to the Gym .. You do it you're self .. You are you're own god .

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Nonsense.

The evidence backing up the Scriptures in terms of history and a list of other aspects would probably take longer to read than you've been alive.

It is comforting to read your ignorance of the topic, given your perspective. Nice to have such a perspective shoot itself in the foot so ingloriously.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MAJIC 12

INDEED.

Why do the nations rage against Him . . .

Why has literature been so filled with His life, His truth, His Way, His Person?

Why has His Precious Blood been so powerful against countless demonic forces?

Why have so many armies marched in His behalf?

Why have so many martyrs counted it an honor to die in His behalf?

Why have so many been healed by prayers to Him?

THERE'S JUST SOMETHING ABOUT THAT NAME . . . as the song asserts so wisely.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Actually, I find that site

one of the least scientific I've ever encountered . . .

one of the most ridiculous I've ever encountered . . .

one of the most UNHISTORICAL I've ever encountered . . .

one of the most ignorant I've ever encountered . . .

one of the most deceiving I've ever encountered . . .

one of the largest piles of stinking lies I've ever encountered . . .

The demonic forces fostering it must be laughing their tails off at the numbers of thoughtless folks they are seducing into hell by it.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

It is difficult for me to respond with a straight face without satire . . . and you were polite . . . sort of . . . pollite enough . . . around the edges, I'd prefer to avoid the satire.

Perhaps suffice it to say . . . I found your assertions utter nonsense.

They are the opposite of my experience.

They are the opposite of my PhD training and my IQ.

They are the opposite of the training and IQ of a large number of my friends and loved ones.

They are opposite my life experience in a diversity of complex situations across 3 continents.

Jesus words alone have proven true relentlessly about man, about me, about all those I know and about world and reality in general.

Your words appear to have virtually no truth in them whatsoever.

I'll stick with respecting His words above all others.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Nonsense.

As Josh McDowell has demonstrated in

MORE THAN A CARPENTER

and

EVIDENCE THAT DEMANDS A VERDICT . . .

there's tons of historical evidence from documents, New Testament documents written within the lifetimes of those who experienced the events.

Noise to the contrary is ignorant, unlearned and/or lying.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Actually, all things considered . . .

There's tons more proof that Jesus existed,

than that you do.

Particularly given your . . . earstwhile 'existence' being confined to squggles on screens hereon.

LOL.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
hey why use jesus , he wasnt that old

try Quetzalcoatl, gilgamesh, or buddha , surely they were aliens !

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

But he wasn't called 'Jesus'...

...It was Yeshua or some such other name.

You are 100% correct on that. Yeshua = Joshua

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed

there were sons of enki before in the ancient literature.
heck for that matter, there were sons of enlil before in the ancient literature.
there were sons of gods in greece, rome, iran, iraq, egypt, china, and so on. why is it that jesus being called son of god negates only HIS existence? how is it that sun ends up being son? some of the arguments are so flimsy it almost looks like they're trying to achieve the opposite effect.

History lesson: All that recorded history shows is that only humans have existed on earth. Nothing about gods in the meaning of supernatural beings. All gods were known to be created by strong-minded humans to control weaker-minded humans. Where are all of the ancient gods? It's just us, man.

Actually, what I see in the racial/collective unconscious is that the ancient 'gods' were actually the elves, waiting for their rescue ship to arrive after they got trapped here when Atlantis went down.

And they mostly left around the switch from B.C. to A.D., which left things wide open for the NWO bunch to spin a religion to get a hold of all the worshipers of the roman gods, since now those 'gods' wouldn't be answering 'prayers' to them any more.

A few of the elves stayed behind to help fix the energy pathways they normally travel on (that whole stargate thing) and also to make sure the NWO bunch didn't cheat and use advanced technology on us, but they are running under the guise of 'archangels' and don't involve themselves nearly as much as the elves playing 'gods' did.

But that is why every now and again you hear of a story where a 'prayer' to an angel got answered. The elves will sometimes do so, especially if you are an ex-elf spirit.

And yes, the elves were real AND aliens, as were all the other 'mythical' alien 'elder' races.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB

Originally posted by SevenThunders

Fortunately, my research isn't restricted to ATS (ATS is really the best site I've found for discussions, information, etc. but probably not the best for this type of research) and have begun to gather significant evidence that the Jesus name myth is just that: myth. What I've found will be included in my article and I'll likely create a website to offer this information. It will make the belief in Jesus' name as a magical incantation to fend off abductions seem silly, and deservedly so. There is nothing "mighty" about the name Jesus, no more than Allah, Buddha, or Mickey Mouse. It's the belief of the person, not the name itself, that works.

Well, that and the contract the NWO made with the demons to stop attacking if the name of any of their religious 'figureheads' were called on. Made the religion look like it had some power which the NWO knew very well it didn't, (since they created it) other than the power to manipulate and control unruly and ungrateful humans.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join