It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abduction research -- The name "Jesus" -- If you have been abducted...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
reply to post by Visiting ESB

I can't believe that there are still individuals not only talking about alien "abductions" but tying in the name "Jesus"! Doesn't the OP realize that "Jesus" is a mythical name? If your life depended on it you couldn't come up with any historical evidence that "Jesus" existed. Why should an alien, IF they were really abducting humas pay any attention to an abducted individual saying "Jesus"? That would only solicit a gufaw!

Hello, Ed...I do know that Jesus is a mythical character, that's why I find the whole idea that aliens respond with fear to that name so ridiculous. Some have replied to this thread with the suggestion that if aliens respond, it is either for our own sake or it serves their agenda. But NEVER because there is any power in the name Jesus. That is what I agree with and believe, not that "Jesus" works like some magical incantation.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Let us seriously look at this. Why would an advanced alien cease the abduction based on the calling of Jesus? Out of respect? This may be the dumbest Christian propoganda I have ever heard. The aliens are so adamant about taking you out of your bed but suddenly conform to what's right or moral when the name of Christ is spoken? I can't even think about that without laughing.

Or maybe the ETs think that their human abductee isn't going to have any reasonable conception of ETs so further conversation is useless, and they anaesthetize the humans until they are done.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Well... this whole Jesus thing is bunk. Everyone says that the second they see the size of the rectal probe and it hasn't stopped anything.

Case Busted!

IRM

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

nice one.

Imagine the poor victims yelling out "Jesus" only to have the aliens answer:

"Yes, my son..."

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by moocowman

yeshua ben yosef.

in english, joshua son of joseph.

or to be precise,
yeshua ben yahweh

[edit on 18-9-2009 by undo]

Oh that one, the one that resides in Talpiot I forgot about him

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
My grandma told me that if you tell an alien to go away, they will, because it is your divine RIGHT. Maybe if that guy said "Jesus, deliver me from them", they would have gone away.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

warning theory based on old texts, warning:

it goes something like this:

before the "human dispensation" on earth, there was a former civilization that grew to technological superiority. they were not homo sapiens, but rather what appears to be sentient, bipedal reptiles and amphibians. they went out and colonized the other planets and moons of our solar system. they created, acquired or learned how to use the advanced tech of even more advanced cultures than themselves. a war broke out in space. this is the war in heaven referred to in the texts.

earth's part in the battle was lead by an elohiym who would become known later as Enki, Satan, the Serpent in the Garden, the Devil and so on. His name means LORD EARTH (En=Lord, Ki=Earth). He and his war machines face off against the war machines of Enlil (his elohiym father/creator). the war devastates the earth and its civilizations. (note: later, Enki tries to give the deed to the planet, as it were, to Jesus, if Jesus will work for him. Jesus declines the offer. You will see why this is significant shortly.).

fast forward.

an ice age ensues, the planet is re-terraformed. the earth inhabitants who had survived the cataclysm returned to find the place wiped clean. this time frame is indicated in the sumerian texts, which depicts the arrival of Enki in his flying, floating, glowing, advice-giving, all metal, city, Eridu, the interior of which is a tangled thread beyond understanding. samuel noah kramer, the first assyriologist to translate the sumerian cuneiform, quotes from it:

Then Enki raises the city of Eridu from the abyss and makes it float over the water like a lofty mountain.

he is referred to several times as the king of the abyss, as well. that makes him Lord of the Waters and the Earth. Interesting fella considering all the trouble he's reportedly caused throughout recorded history.

anyway, the returning refugees had to rebuild from scratch. many of them were accustomed to living a fine life, and were now faced with the prospect of having to rebuild irrigation, restart mining projects, rebuild the entire civilization from the ground up. they began to complain and demanded Enki do something about it.

elsewhere in the universe...

Enlil (Lord Sky), has created his black-headed people on a paradise planet. they are still "uncivilized". Enki sees the new creation and decides to shang-hai them to Earth, as a solution for their rebuilding effort. This solves two problems--it robs his father god, Enlil, of his prized creation (an act of revenge) and provides workers to solve the workforce issues on Earth. This is achieved through some kind of interdimensional gate or transporter mechanism, a gated device, flanked by two guardians referred to in biblical texts as cherubim (angelic guardians).

when Enlil realizes what has happened, he gives pursuit to find his black-headed people are now the indentured slaves of his wayward and troublesome son, Enki, who has them digging irrigation canals in his temple city. They have willfully agreed to this arrangement, being promised great things that turned out to be the exact opposite. The gates back to the paradise world are then modified so that the humans cannot use them to return to their paradise home world.

fast forward.

Meanwhile, as the population of humans increase, Enki realizes their biological differences and shortcomings are creating problems. He decides to modify a generation of them for use as rulers and enforcers of the law, who can oversee and manage the various projects, which are mostly related to mining the earth for resources. He does this by splicing sentient reptilian and sentient amphibian dna into human dna. this results in the nephilim hybrids, and is referred to in the older sumerian texts as the time when kingship descended from heaven.

The DNA of pretty much everything on the earth that has dna, is tinkered with to increase its productivity, aesthetic value or entertainment value. wars break out between nephilim rulers of neighboring countries, as they vie for resources that Enki and the anunna gods, are not of need of in great quantities. Soon the whole planet is polluted, genetically and environmentally. A massive drought kicks in, the flora and fauna are no longer edible, and people begin to starve and die from various diseases created by the genetic altering of life on the planet. the nephilim, being a hardier race, survive by eating the remaining humans as a food source.

At this point, the humans who haven't been modified, realize Enlil is their only hope and progenitor and call upon him to rescue them. He arrives to find the place a polluted nightmare. He makes arrangements to rescue the remaining humans, after which the earth will be washed clean by a flood.

Enlil tells Enki and the other anunna gods, not to warn the nephilim. Enki vows that he wont but bypasses the vow by talking aloud about it in earshot of the king of sumer (one of his nephilim creations). Thus both humans and a single nephilim line, survive the flood. Enlil is not happy about this turn of events, as you will see later when he has entire cities of nephilim survivors, wiped out by simple humans. But he does make a peace agreement with some of the nephilim, as is indicated .

By decree a tradition had been established where the king and his offspring would be the sole inheritors of the throne. This originally came about to provide Enki and the anunna with a built-in workforce of loyal subjects, who were beholden to him for their power and position in life. this continues through out human history, even up to this very day.

The hebrews seeing the system worked so well for the gentile nations, wanted to have their own human king and petitioned Enlil for the permission to do so. Enlil, confused by the request since he was technically speaking, their king, still agreed to let them set up a human king over them.

unfortunately, the history of hebrew kings was frequently fraught with huge political and spiritual errors, which resulted in their repeated captivities. a prophecy was given that they would be rescued from their trials and bondage and the repeated errors of their rulers, once and for all, by a messiah king.

This all culminated in Enlil fulfilling the prophecy to provide them with the human Messiah, by coming in human form himself as their king (yeshua ben yahweh). once here, the gentile races (other races enki had shang-haied) apparently impressed him and he offered them the same rescue from bondage.

and the rest is history.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

That was a nice post Undo, I'm all for considering interventionism but you seem to have to work very hard to make jesus fit into your theory.

I also have an issue with aliens needing human slaves, humans as food maybe but slaves just doesn't make sense.

Any species advanced enough to develop technology to traverse but one galaxy would have to have access to an abundance of energy.

With that kind of technology and seemingly limitless energy, who the hell needs a human to dig a hole or stick some stones together ?

For some reason the BBC chose to run this series all in one week, the subject matter is quite topical at the moment, the week it was run the country was also panicking over swine flu.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB
I am doing research for an article which will address whether stating the name "Jesus" during an alien abduction causes the alien to stop the abduction. I believe this is a developing myth and would like to dispel such claims. There are websites and numerous articles that claim one can stop an abduction by proclaiming the name Jesus, but initial research I did last year shows that this approach doesn't always work. Some even said the alien "laughed" (scoffed seems to more likely the correct word, but "laughed" is the term they used) at them and continued the abduction. It seems to depend on the beliefs of the abductee, and sometimes even that doesn't matter. The intent of these articles seems to be to push Christianity, as a solution for unwanted contact with aliens, and as a belief system generally.

The approach I'm taking here is not scientific, however, sites pushing the "proclaim the Name" belief solicit accounts in a similar way. I would like accounts of those who have used the name "Jesus" during or before an abduction but failed, i.e. the abduction continued. Have you said anything else that was able to stop the abduction in progress? Please provide details, for example, time, place, what (if anything) the alien said or did in response, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help!

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Visiting ESB]

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Visiting ESB]

I think they don' really care about the name it's just a name like any other name!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

jesus was the easy part. the hebrews wanted a divine king like the other nations had. but he had to be fully human. there were alot of sons of gods (hybrid kings), but jesus claim to fame was he was spiritually god and fully human at the same time. he was the fulfillment of their prophecies of the messiah king for HUMANS. this plays its most poignant role in the end times, where are once again back to a similar scenario to the days of noah, where the planet is heavily polluted, genetic tampering is rampant, and wars are breaking out over resources and so on. believe me, i've went over all this stuff again and again. fine tooth comb even.

as regards the human slaves thing. ... i had the same problem with it, but realized it was enki's act of revenge. he had lost the war to enlil. i'm also not sure what they are doing with the resources, but that is apparently what they are doing...mining resources. dunno why, unless there's some kind of mineral or resource we haven't discovered yet.

that was a disturbing video.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAJIC 12
reply to post by autowrench

We as Believers in the Bible,and have experienced conversion/regeneration have the authority and power to cast-out demons.It's what the Master said.
The One who made all things on Heaven and Earth.

That would be the difference between us, friend. I have no Master excepting my own self, and the man known as Jesus did not create this universe or this world. Read your bible again before making such a broad statement please? Please show me in the Bible where Jesus stated that he was the Creator God.
Unknown to many individuals today is the fact that the word demon, used of evil spirits or beings who inhabit the earth, is actually derived from the Greek word daimon/daemon. Also generally unknown to the public at large is the historical evolution and transformation of the Greek daimon (inner self) from the 8th century B.C. to Early Christian times, the 1st century A.D.

The belief in daimones dates back to ancient Mesopotamia and the Babylonian culture, which organized daimones into heirarchies and armies, much like guardian angels.

So it is not much of a surprise then, that in Greek culture, daimones originally meant "divine beings." Daimones have been known also as corybantes, curetes, dactyls, genii, satyr, sileni, and various spirits of nature, planets, and stars. Daimones were known to be god-like, ministering spirits, protective spirits, and at times, even the souls of the dead. Interestingly, like the souls or spirits of dead people, daimones were also believed as having a nature capable of both good and bad. Predating Jesus, and thus the New Testament Bible, the ancient Greeks' belief in daimones appeared in the literature of many philosophers, including Homer, Socrates and Plato. Plato distinguished daimones as being middle-ranking creatures of the air, interacting between gods and mankind. Socrates not only described daimones as guardian spirits that everyone has, but also as the inner voice that guided him in choosing to do right, rather than wrong. The Greeks believed daimones could haunt locations, guard property, possess human bodies, and even cause human sicknesses. Yet, they also believed that daimones were at times the spirits of the dead, or ghosts, who could be sought for advice; and that the daimones were also messengers similar to the modern beliefs in angels.

To the Greeks, the word daimon was often used for the word "god" or "goddess," especially before the Hellenistic period. Daimon was often used to mean "the gods," "divine power, "fate," or "fortune," but was also used to convey a "spirit being." The adjective, "daimonios," often meant "inspired by heaven," "divine," "of heaven," "by divine power," etc. The Harper's Dictionary of Classical Antiquities (1898) says this about the word daimon:

"Originally a term applied to deity in general, manifested in its active relation to human life, without special reference to any single divine personality. But as early Hesiod, the daemones appear as subordinates or servants of the higher gods. He gives the name especially to the spirits of the past age of gold, who are appointed to watch over men and guard them. In later times, too, the daemones were regarded as beings intermediate between the gods and mankind, forming, as it were, the retinue of the gods, representing their powers in activity, and intrusted with the fulfilment of their various functions. This was the relation, to take an instance, which the Satyrs and Sileni bore to Dionysus. But the popular belief varied in regard to these deities."

This widespread belief in daimones was attacked over time by Christian church leaders in order to discredit ancient Greek and Neoplatonist beliefs. St. Augustine devoted two chapters of "The City of God" in pursuit of this aim. By medieval times, the Christian church had completely condemned pagan beliefs in daimones, and though people still believed in them, the very definition of daimones was transformed into being "demons" (or devils). Demons came to be taught by religious leaders as the messengers and followers of the solitary agent of evil - Satan (Lucifer). St. Thomas Aquinas further perpetuated this belief by blaming natural disasters and even bad weather on demons, while Pope Eugene IV referred to demons as "agents of Satan." Again, we have to ask the question, "Has the word daimon had its meaning changed into something fearful for religious purposes?"

In the book of Acts, and I Corinthians, we can see the word "daimonion" translated as both “gods” and "demons," but in truth the translation from the Greek is better read as "gods," due to the context in which the Apostle Paul was using daimonion in his argument against idol worship (Acts 17:18 is translated correctly as "gods;" but I Cor 10:14-20 is incorrectly translated as "demons" or "devils" in some translations). This alone illustrates the intent of translators to make the passages line-up with their church doctrine (religious teachings).

www.angelsghosts.com...

A long time ago, as a child, my Fundy mother became convinced that I was possessed by demons because I was seeing the dead. she got her minister and some of the church people to comer out for three days and pray over be to "cast out the demons in the name of Jesus!" I will never forget the smell of the women's perfume, it was July, and hot, and by the way,no demons ever came out. This is a myth perpetrated by the church to scare people. I respect you opinion and belief system, but I know better.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
My grandma told me that if you tell an alien to go away, they will, because it is your divine RIGHT. Maybe if that guy said "Jesus, deliver me from them", they would have gone away.

Your grandma was a smart lady. Her advice was sound. People are more powerful than they know - they just have to remember that and embrace it.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I think it depends on who is abducting you.

What I am seeing in the collective/racial unconscious is that the inhabitants of the demon world who are in service to the NWO bunch have an agreement with them that if anyone calls on the name of any of their created 'religious' figure heads, like Jesus for example, the demon must break off the attack. The NWO bunch did this so that it would increase the credibility of the 'religions' they created. See! Look! It made the demons stop attacking!

And the other aliens don't have that agreement so they don't care what you say or who you call on. *shrug* If they are gonna take you, they will. If you can amp back your fear, it will really help dealing with them. Try asking telepathically for them to at least be gentle, or put you to sleep. That will work if it is the greys or most of the other aliens are abducting you.

But if it is the blues or demons, don't bother with trying to converse. The best course in that case is to keep yourself as unafraid as possible, and for demons, obviously call on the name of Jesus. (I am not sure if it will work if you aren't sincere though.)

Please understand that the fear feeds the demons, and it is part of what makes the blues feel all powerful (like the typical power hungry bully) because they have some control over you which proves that they are better than you. If you demonstrate awareness of them without buying into the fear; just remaining calm, you might get a bit of a break, but no guarantee with that bunch.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by DragonriderGal]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

dunno why, unless there's some kind of mineral or resource we haven't discovered yet.

Check out Lawrence Gardiners' ,"Lost Secret Of The sacred Ark" you may be intrigued, I'd lend you my copy but your a bit far away lol.

that was a disturbing video.

Indeed, what troubles me about that particular series was its' synchronicity with topical events in the real world.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Some even said the alien "laughed" at them and continued the abduction.

With all due respect, this is way I don't believe in 98% (made up number) of the abduction cases.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

I'm understanding your viewpoint more clearly as I read between the toxic attitude;
using words like "revenge" and" disgrundled".
calm yourself pal, this is just clarification on your part, and information to me.
The sample was "Pure" magnesium.delassified memo from washington speculated it could have been part of a "hydro-magnetodynamic drive"(a electric catepillar submersible).
Meteorites are not "pure" anything.
The four Roswell liars exposed,were put foward first by Randle.(Have You read:" Witnesses to Roswell? By Schmitt?)" there are allegedly over a thousand now catalogued who were either directly or indirectly involved with this Unknown Fast- flying explosion/clean-up.One of the phonies was a claimed "Navy Seal" put foward by Friedman.(Anderson)
The Mortitian Dennis discredited himself by giving a false name to nurse Mary"self'
because of personal involvement as a married man promised her
he would never reveal her name.She was a real nurse at Roswell,saw bodies of the crew and assisted in the pre-lim exam.She was the same nurse who later was found to be named "Maria Bush".She died in L.A. hung;apparent "suicide".
Don't be so quick to "throw out the baby with the bathwater";Many close to the debris
people have not been discredited or disgraced ,but have served their country honorably.Maj.Marcel Knew what a High-Altitude balloon looks like;They "released them
every week behind the barracks."
"Roswell was the recovery of a craft from space".-Gen. Arthur Exon fmr.Commander
Wright-Patterson AFB,dayton OH

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonriderGal

There is only Three choices:
1.Yeshua/Jesus of Nazerath was a "lunatic".or;
2.Yeshua/Jesus of Nazereth was a "liar".or;
3.Yeshua/Jesus of Nazereth was who he said he was.(The Word/Logos of God;made flesh.
Non-Christian Roman/Jewish historians wrote of him as a historic figure,not as the christ,but perceived as him by the followers growing in number.His Historicity is not questioned by serious historians,but his Identity as "messiah' is, and that makes a lot of difference.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

3.Yeshua/Jesus of Nazereth was who he said he was.(The Word/Logos of God;made flesh.
Non-Christian Roman/Jewish historians wrote of him as a historic figure,not as the christ,but perceived as him by the followers growing in number.His Historicity is not questioned by serious historians,but his Identity as "messiah' is, and that makes a lot of difference.

No, there is a fourth and the most likely explanation of the Jesus story. He never existed. The references you allude to are either frauds or forgeries or retelling by non-christian "historians" of newly created myth, contemporary to their times but not questioned. And, contrary to your statement, serious historians have and do question whether he existed.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Hum.. not sure how this applies to what I said, but there is at least one more choice there.
MY choice? Number 4: Jesus never existed; 'he' is a compilation of several men alive at the time and the NWO took that 'figure' and spun a whole religion around 'him'. They are pros at that. That religion was aimed mostly at the European crowd.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB

No, there is a fourth and the most likely explanation of the Jesus story. He never existed. The references you allude to are either frauds or forgeries or retelling by non-christian "historians" of newly created myth, contemporary to their times but not questioned. And, contrary to your statement, serious historians have and do question whether he existed.

Sorry, ESB! I didn't notice your post here, but yes, I agree completely. I didn't think I had ever heard of any true historical document from that time frame that even mentioned him, other than some of the execution documents mention executing several men named Jesus, but nothing definitive. That name was kinda like the name Rick or Dave is now. Popular.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join