It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abduction research -- The name "Jesus" -- If you have been abducted...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I am doing research for an article which will address whether stating the name "Jesus" during an alien abduction causes the alien to stop the abduction. I believe this is a developing myth and would like to dispel such claims. There are websites and numerous articles that claim one can stop an abduction by proclaiming the name Jesus, but initial research I did last year shows that this approach doesn't always work. Some even said the alien "laughed" (scoffed seems to more likely the correct word, but "laughed" is the term they used) at them and continued the abduction. It seems to depend on the beliefs of the abductee, and sometimes even that doesn't matter. The intent of these articles seems to be to push Christianity, as a solution for unwanted contact with aliens, and as a belief system generally.

The approach I'm taking here is not scientific, however, sites pushing the "proclaim the Name" belief solicit accounts in a similar way. I would like accounts of those who have used the name "Jesus" during or before an abduction but failed, i.e. the abduction continued. Have you said anything else that was able to stop the abduction in progress? Please provide details, for example, time, place, what (if anything) the alien said or did in response, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help!

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Visiting ESB]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

But he wasn't called 'Jesus'...

...It was Yeshua or some such other name.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Howdy Visiting ESB, does ESB stand for what I think it does?

I am an abductee, but I have never used religion as a form of defense.

I kinda agree with Exuberant1. Surely the uttering of a single name that only has meaning on Earth and may not actually be accurate to the original pronunciation would not have any effect on the visitors.

I know that a lot of folk are equating the visitors to some kind of demonic force that are carrying out the orders of Satan himself, but those guys probably watch way too many low budget Sci-fi Horror movies.

I am pretty sure that the visitors scoffed at Whitley Strieber's attempts to get help from Jesus, and I know that they also made a comment to Paula Throneycroft that seemed to suggest that the being in question was trying to help her, so why was she asking this Jesus fellow for aid?

I think that many of the stories that you refer to are religious propaganda, but perhaps some are actually accurate and are simply attempts by the visitors to give the abductee a sense of spiritual empowerment. I know that the visitors are incredibly skilled at subtle manipulation on a personal, psychological level and also on a grand social scale.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Martindoolittle]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB
I am doing research for an article which will address whether stating the name "Jesus" during an alien abduction causes the alien to stop the abduction. I believe this is a developing myth and would like to dispel such claims. There are websites and numerous articles that claim one can stop an abduction by proclaiming the name Jesus, but initial research I did last year shows that this approach doesn't always work. Some even said the alien "laughed" (scoffed seems to more likely the correct word, but "laughed" is the term they used) at them and continued the abduction. It seems to depend on the beliefs of the abductee, and sometimes even that doesn't matter. The intent of these articles seems to be to push Christianity, as a solution for unwanted contact with aliens, and as a belief system generally.

The approach I'm taking here is not scientific, however, sites pushing the "proclaim the Name" belief solicit accounts in a similar way. I would like accounts of those who have used the name "Jesus" during or before an abduction but failed, i.e. the abduction continued. Please provide details, for example, time, place, what (if anything) the alien said or did in response, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Interesting. Who knows? Depending on one's lineage and beliefs and a whole plethora of other physical and philosophical/religious factors, by calling out "Jesus" my may in fact be inviting the Abduction Experience itself.

Jesus' conception is also highly suspect if one opens the mind and uses a comparative critical eye. The conception story of Mary conversing with an unseen being shrouded in light in the middle of the night, possibly speaking telepathically of a mission of sorts. Impregnated by what means? Sound familiar?

I wonder if Mary experienced any Missing Time. At least she got to keep her baby!

Speculative, I know. But no more speculative than the OP. Just expounding on the presented theme. Thanks and S + F'd.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Martindoolittle
Howdy Visiting ESB, does ESB stand for what I think it does?

I am an abductee, but I have never used religion as a form of defense.

I kinda agree with Exuberant1. Surely the uttering of a single name that only has meaning on Earth and may not actually be accurate to the original pronunciation would not have any effect on the visitors.

I know that a lot of folk are equating the visitors to some kind of demonic force that are carrying out the orders of Satan himself, but those guys probably watch way too many low budget Sci-fi Horror movies.

I am pretty sure that the visitors scoffed at Whitley Strieber's attempts to get help from Jesus, and I know that they also made a comment to Paula Throneycroft that seemed to suggest that the being in question was trying to help her, so why was she asking this Jesus fellow for aid?

I think that many of the stories that you refer to are religious propaganda, but perhaps some are actually accurate and are simply attempts by the visitors to give the abductee a sense of spiritual empowerment. I know that the visitors are incredibly skilled at subtle manipulation on a personal, psychological level and also on a grand social scale.

Thanks, interesting especially about Paula Throneycroft and their reponse. I'll look into that more, maybe interview her if possible. I too think it's religious propaganda, and I think it's becoming so pronounced that it has been accepted as truth. It's the old saying about telling a lie often enough...The ET issue is so much bigger than any earth-bound, fear-based religion could ever explain.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I don't subscribe to religion, but perhaps the power behind the name, goes hand in hand with how strongly you believe. What I mean is, maybe, like magic, the more you believe the stronger the power of what you are saying, in effect people who half believe or not at all, there is no power in the name, but for staunch believers perhaps they give it more power.

I'm not saying that jesus manifests himself to protect them from the abduction, just merely saying that maybe the person themselves are giving the name power based on their belief in it.

Just something I was thinking about while I was reading this.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
My recall of experiences was that I was in a dumbed down state of fear, confusion and that religion or rebuke of some sort didn't ever cross my mind.

I felt there was something medically wrong with them as if having cancer and radiation treatments. So, I basically thought they were all young or teenaged special needs cancer patients.

They actually came into a shell gas station wearing skimpy clothes like french maid aprons and small face masks. Their hair was white or gray and thin in the back as if from radiation treatments. Tales from the Crypt talking skull comes to mind.

I vaguely recall seeing one without the mask and asked what's wrong with them. The one who had brought them in greeted me by my name and was also as if dressed in a costume, but painted black with wings attached like a bat and wearing a mask like the Star Trek Gorn. I don't recall seeing any teeth or ears or much if any nose. Their skin was more of a pale gray.

It wasn't until more recently that I recalled the event that happened about 3 or 4 years ago.

There have been meetings with those many years ago who referred to themselves as guardians and one who called himself Michael. But these were typically in human bodies.

I think they sometimes play along using mind control, which has been mentioned many times before.

At the time, I never made any alien connection in my dumbed down state.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Haha

I agree with you, and I have to say, reading your post actually made me laugh out loud, for real

If an alien appeared in front of me, I might well shout "JESUS CHRIST!", and that may well scare him off, but not for any religious reasons

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
lol this is so random. I never heard about this but why would aliens give a crap about jesus lol. Good to see someone attempting dispelling this rumor, although I've never heard of it.

It reminds me of people who claim to be posessed or see demons and jesus saved them. It makes no sense. Its all a mental thing.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
We are living Exciting times these days "knock wood" but yes about this subj.
jesus if i recall right it was born from maria virgin maria if its true jesus must be an Alien origin then and think about us now how we do our childrens them will Manifest from our LUST & Pleasure they will never bee..... .

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Many believe the grays to be a form of demon. The nephilim of Genesis 6, off-spring of fallen angels and human women, are eternal spiritual beings yet once having a physical body, when killed their spirit remains tied to earth but without a physical body....resulting in "demons" who require to possess a human body or as some believe constructed artificial bodies through genetic manipulation...the reason for abductions to harvest sperm, ovum, remove fetuses, etc. in order to create a "shell body".

The Bible accounts of demon possession and Jesus' instruction concerning the casting out of demons point to it being at times rather difficult to do, sometimes requiring fasting and praying before hand, using the power of quoting scripture that manifests the power of God into a situation.

The effectiveness of using the name of Jesus Christ would depend upon the strength of a person's faith in Christ Jesus and the individual status and power of the demon that possesses the alien shell body during an abduction. When encountering a particularly powerful demon just using the name of Jesus wouldn't be enough to counter the attack and would probably only further motivate and anger the attacker. That's why having strength of faith is important and what many professing Christians today don't get. They believe in Jesus only enough to possibly get them into heaven but don't think it is important enough to discipline their life in the faith in order to protect against spiritual attacks on earth. Just like most Americans, most Christians have become soft and weak and dumbed down and ignorant of reality and the facts.

Having a little faith might be enough to save your eternal soul but not protect you from every attack of Satan. Paul in Ephesians talks about putting on the whole armor of God. If your armor is weak in some area, you might risk being damaged during strong spiritual attacks. Not everyone has the same strength of faith, that is why scripture warned that it would be better for you to have a millstone tied around your neck and thrown into deep water than to harm a person with weaker faith than you by your words, actions or omissions.

This is why Jesus so emphasized community and praying for one another where the stronger of faith can fill the gap and help the weaker. We often miss that point in our churches, which is why other belief systems are often more popular. We Christians aren't living up to what God has instructed us to do...and as we get deeper into the "End of Days" we will have to relearn these lessons or we too will be destroyed both physically and spiritually by the powers of Satan and person and spirit of Anti-Christ.

We've been blessed too much and too long and forgotten what real peril and dangers exist in the world. I'm afraid we all, no matter what nation or faith are going to be tried and tested to the max before too much longer.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

The Evangelical wing of christianity today teaches that the "Aliens" are demons or
evil spirits without bodies,so they possess people.How they get to the spirits wanting to play spaceman with our gullible misses the point;what comes of it?How was anyone
helped or comforted in any way? Was anyone brought to a better relationship by this
contact?Betty Andesson wrote and drew what her abductors looked like;white pilsbury
dough boy greys.She concidered herself a "born-again" when it occurred and asked if
the alien who called himself "quazga" knew the Son or believed in Jesus from where they lived.The reply was dismissive and vague,but gave her the impression that these guys were OK.I would have been more demanding of credentials first.
Humans are in no position yet to judge Angels or demons so it's best to stay clear of both, and let the LORD rebuke the sons of perdition in due time.
My impression is no committed loyal Christian is going to be abducted by evil aliens.
We don't belong to them anymore so they will have to chose common darwinian
public-school fed stock to check-out. Now,there are angels of God that check us out
once in a while,but they don't stick around longer than they have to help someone in need.
"I give you(My Followers) power to walk on scorpions and serpents.."_Jesus of Nazereth

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
thats because ... there is no abduction ... it is something created in your brain, so, if your brain thinks that your are going to stopp it saying jesus, then it will

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Let us seriously look at this. Why would an advanced alien cease the abduction based on the calling of Jesus? Out of respect? This may be the dumbest Christian propoganda I have ever heard. The aliens are so adamant about taking you out of your bed but suddenly conform to what's right or moral when the name of Christ is spoken? I can't even think about that without laughing.

I personally have found that as an abductee I have gotten much better results with "Rodney Dangerfield"

[edit on 16-9-2009 by spinalremain]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Writer0429

Many Bible-Belt Churches with little to none experience with the cases or data compiled by witnesses do believe the Greys are a shell corpse made by them to possess for spaceman
hoaxes against americans/christians.For what purpose when most are seen by a cross
section of society that brings no one to joining the devil.What a waste of time and effort on his part.
Where is this verse of scripture that says these evil spirits can perform metallergy,smithing,forgeing,welding,cloning,machining,genetic spicing people or anything
spaceship related for capturing people to clone for their own? What a stretch.
that's a new revelation from the deserts of the great southwest.The military found BODIES in the wreakage near Roswell,so the evangelicals HAVE to say the Demons have bodies now.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Question regarding your study -

When you compile the results from those abductees that shouted 'Jesus' versus those that didn't, in order to determine whether or not it actually stops/prevents the abduction, how are you (or are you) going to determine the legitimacy of the claims of the abductees themselves.

In other words, in order to determine whether or not saying 'Jesus' is effective, you would need to use credible abduction stories, no? I'm curious as to how you are determining which abductions actually happened and which ones didn't.

Hope that makes sense.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Any Alien visiting here has been for a long time and the one's who sent them are familiar with our beliefs.To assume an individual's beliefs are not important to the alien is an
assumption as the one that they will respect those beliefs.
We who believe Jesus of Nazereth is the Supreme Creator of the Universe in a
Human body also believe he has given us Power unregenerate people don't have.
the aborigine of Australia have these experiences with sky priests who put crystals
inside their bodies and they become a shaman.The aliens/beings work within the cultural framework without trying to disrupt.Abduction is a crime to us so it behooves them to
act acordingly or they will be opposed as agressive invaders that should be rebuked.
I don't advocate military action against their presence,since they might be the owners of this planet.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Anyone who is an extreme religious nut will say that anything that isn't from god, comes directly from the devil. This also is the same when it comes to anything they don't understand or fear. If it scares them, its demonic.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Budd hopkins is one hypnotist that compiles the most cases I've seen yet.
He told me in `Vegas, many of these people draw pictures of the interior,glyphs,etc.
they are strikingly the same;by people who never met.Budd doesn't publish these
to the public so how would that be just in their mind?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Truth818

Do you believe in the existance of EVIL?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join