It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I want to go to "home" i'll click the logo, Stop The Madness!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this problem has been fixed?

Thanks ATS for listening and acting in good faith to your members. I for one appreciate it.

Becker

Yes, I noticed, and that is why I am here back in this thread, to say from the bottom of my cold black heart,

THANK YOU ATS STAFF

Things are awesome again, and I only realized things were fixed when I tried to move my screen, became enraged that I had clicked the link to the home page, then realized.... hey wait, it's fixed!

So thanks. We all appriciate this!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
YAYAYAY ALL MY HARD WORK AND ONE "OFF TOPIC POST REMOVED" LATER AND WE DID IT!!

THX ADMINS, AND THX TO ALL WHO SHOWED SUPPORT!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Yes! Thank you! It appears to be gone but I was late to the party because I had Post Traumatic Click Disorder (PTCD) from acquiring a terrible fear of the page margins.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
Yes! Thank you! It appears to be gone but I was late to the party because I had Post Traumatic Click Disorder (PTCD) from acquiring a terrible fear of the page margins.

I know it sounds contrived and like we are now just verbally bashing the ATS staff, but I too feel similar symptoms, I have flashbacks now, phantom margins haunt me, now my right index finger hesitates terribly instead of confidently grabbing the side of the page, which allows me to use the scrollball thing on my mouse to move the page up and down.

I need rehabilitation to handle this stress!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I LOVE YOU SO!!!!!!!!

No more fear of going home!!!!

WOOT!!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Something else that really p*sses me off is that you cannot get to MyATS from the homepage. I have to click into a thread and then get there.

Maybe I should bookmark it ... or maybe the usability should be improved.

Content is still great though.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Just when you thought it was safe to be able to click at the side of a page.

And so it begins.... again

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightchild
Just when you thought it was safe to be able to click at the side of a page.

Yep. I'd finally started feeling safe clicking the side bars.. And then right in the middle of reading a post... BAM... I'm watching ATS news...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
There are a number of easy solutions...

One method I believe violates T&C by using addons created for the FireFox users so I can't say...

One way is to resize the browser window so that the side bars disappear...
(I like full screen browser so that's out of the question in my case)

Others have pointed out that if you are running the browser full screen (as it appears most of us do) you'll need to retrain your clicking habits.

My first suggestion is most effective but figuring that out is up to you ...

I can't suggest violating T&C.

Sorry that there aren't more user implemented solutions available...

Except complaining; and whining seems so ... well, whiny.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Thank you for changing it.

Before if you clicked anywhere on the sidebar you ended up watching the video.

Now the link is only at the top of the page.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
He we go again...

I know that the "Johnny Anon" links in the sidebar only go about 3/4 down the page now but I still keep clicking them.

After clicking "myATS" or similar I naturally go left to click the sidebar so my gesture recognition works. Now I have to go left and to the bottom. Thanks a bunch.
Even worse the cursor keys in the latest FF now scroll through the text rather than scrolling up and down. Very useful!?!

Why not put the "Johnny Anon" link in the title bar?

[edit on 20/10/2009 by LightFantastic]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Maybe TPTB know we click there uncontrollably and they did it on purpose to get more clicks on the page its linked to.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Can we please end this already?

Seriously, this is more than annoying. I have written numerous replies and had all of the content deleted prior to submission because of a wayward cursor.

I know where to find Johnny.
I know where the media section is.
I can find my way 'home' I promise.

Please disable this and keep it disabled.
The sidebars really should not have anything clickable on them at all.

Thanks for your consideration.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Please take the links out of the sidebar. You have a massive colorful link at the top of the page and I got 2 u2u's about the new news reports. I love them and have watched them all but have unwillingly gone back about 20 times. Please guys, I have never been this annoyed by ATS.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Please for the love of god remove the damn side links! They where gone for a while and it was great but now they are back. I've watched the News already and it was good but every time I try to click so I can use my scroll wheel I go to the darn media page. PLEASE removed it, I know how to get there on my own! Ahhhh! lol

Thank You.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This site is almost anti-designed.

Yes these massive banner ads stink. Tricking us into clicking is no way to build a product.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I will raise my voice in objection once again about side links just to weaken any potential claims about inconsitency of vexation-- "well, you know, some of the ones that complained before now are not."

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Wow after a day of clicking around, I never realized how often I use the sides of the page to get back to the window. Man these ads are killing me. I must have unintentionally clicked them 10 times today.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Agreed!! Please get rid of those side links. I keep losing posts and getting redirected to the media area. I know how to get there! I see the advert for the ATS news at the top. I really dont need to be taken there many times while on ats. Its annoying and makes me not to ever watch the news now since it seems like I'm being forced to look at it. Please lose those side bar links

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join