It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I want to go to "home" i'll click the logo, Stop The Madness!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Just want to add...

If we remove the annoying sidebar and people still want to skip to the homepage when not at the very top or bottom of the page, they can always make a bookmark for ATS in their bookmark bar. That's what I have. It says ATS, takes up hardly any space, and serves the same purpose, only I know exactly where it is and I don't click by accident.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618

Originally posted by king9072
Alright,

top new threads... check.
many notable members... check.
not one person in 4 pages defending the feature... check.
not one valid reason for the feature... check.
understanding that 5 links to anything is excessive... check.

Any admin or moderator showing up to discuss.... .... ..... .. ... .

hehe before realizing the same fact and posting i went through the entire thread looking for a mod reply.

Ashley D did reply, but she didn't really have an opinion...

But thanks to GST we now officially have our 1 moderator vote,

Keep em coming people.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
you have my vote as well, get rid of the side bar link.

Very annoying as I like to put my cursor on the sidebar to keep it out of the way, and have a very touchy mousepad on the laptop; I have accidentaly got sent home several times: Very annoying

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I had the same problem! Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I'd like to throw my change into the pot here... I've been a victim of it a few times, although not while posting something. I've always clicked it while using the 3rd button quick scroll to get to the top of the page, then once I am at the top I have to left click to release... and I get booted to the home page. All I want to do is go to recent posts =(

Please remove the side links!!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I don't have those vertical ATS banners on either side of my screen. Its an old lap-top with standard aspect ratio.
Whatever the reason, glad its not happening.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Ok is there ANY reason, why this thread has not recieved admin consideration? seriously? We have everything needed yet nothing.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
How about they just fix it so that you do not lose all of your text if you accidentally click off the reply page.

I hate it when I type out a long reply and accidentally click the wrong button...when I hit the back page on my browser all of my text is gone.

Can that be fixed?

I mean, If I do the same thing in my personal email for instance, when I hit the back page on my browser, all of my text in the email is still there.

I know, I know...type it out in a word document and then transfer it over to the reply....

Just sayin'

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
BUMP

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Alright, who's avatar is messing up the aspect ratio of the display on this page?

To the issue at hand. Could it be that the clickable thing most of you are getting on these pages is technically an advertisement for ATS?

Every time one of you clicks on it are you bumping up their stats; and their income?

Is that why they are ignoring all your pleas?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
Alright, who's avatar is messing up the aspect ratio of the display on this page?

To the issue at hand. Could it be that the clickable thing most of you are getting on these pages is technically an advertisement for ATS?

Every time one of you clicks on it are you bumping up their stats; and their income?

Is that why they are ignoring all your pleas?

It's my spam message that I did in frustration when this happened yet again.

Also, as mentioned earlier it is apparent that this is based on profit not user satisfaction. For people who aren't ranked members, there would normally be ads where were clicking... but we dont have the ads so it brings us home. I think on both page 3 and 4, my picture is there that shows how absurdly excessive the entire thing is.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

3 times now, once in a U2U, and twice in threads I have written lengthy responses, and every single time just a moment before submitting it, I accidentally click the side bars

Once is a mistake, twice is a pattern and three times is an addiction. Quit clicking on the sidebars.

Apparently you think forcing ppls actions to one you prefer is ok.

Most of us here are fans of the prior arrangement.

So it is not just about you.

It is about the democratic process.

The interface is a concern of the creators and the users, and if you
are saying the few out weigh the needs of the many then just
be up front about your mindset.

Put it to a vote.

Nuff' said.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

3 times now, once in a U2U, and twice in threads I have written lengthy responses, and every single time just a moment before submitting it, I accidentally click the side bars (usually to focus it and scroll)... you know the rest, page is gone, along with the message.

This happens to me all the time when I click out of my scrool I would always use the side bar to click out because I knew I wouldn't be linked anywhere, It has become a habit to do that because i've been doing that for years on here. Now all the time i'm losing some kind of info, can we get rid of this feature or does it have a purpose?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Yet another bump.

I feel like a charlie sheen video on youtube.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm late to the party, but I hate those links in the sidebars. Lost what I was typing too many times to count because I don't always pay attention to where my mouse is when I click to scroll. I've had to start locking my mouse in place (I'm on a laptop) so that I don't accidentally bump it and click the sidebars while I'm typing.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Ok fine. I am addicted. My name is king9072 and I am a sidebar click-aholic. I know I have an issue, but it's just too tempting. I write out 5, maybe 6... perhaps even 9 thousand characters... so much time, and effort... then I just get the urge to play with fire. I want to click so bad, but the voice tells me "no you'll lose your writing"... but then the OTHER VOICE... "oh it will be so much fun... just click it, we'll get to go HOME!" ...

Ahhh the anguish... please help me I don't wanna be like this anymore

Hilarious!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Besides without the sidebar clicky, you can also hit the Home o End key on your keybard to take yu the the top or bottom of a page, much faster than scrolling and easier than making a clicky link in your favorites bar; is a habit for me. And no more lost replies or accidental fowarding

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed this problem has been fixed?

Thanks ATS for listening and acting in good faith to your members. I for one appreciate it.

Becker

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

Yep just recently fixed in the last couple of hours....YIPEEEEEE....

We still Luv ya ATS

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join