It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I want to go to "home" i'll click the logo, Stop The Madness!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Not going to lie, I've done it a few times as well.

HATE the clickable side bars...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
I am extremely happy that notable members have shown up to lend their support this is truly frustrating.

Since I'm the most notable member out there and I am in a good mood, I figured I would be generous enough to grace your thread with my presence and offer your protest the bump it needs to be truly successful by saying that I too hate the side-bar-clicky-thingy.

I don't see the point of it to be honest with you. We have three links - the logo, the "home" button on the menu bar, and the "AboveTopSecret.com" on the top right - that all take us to the same place. Do we need a fourth, especially when it's annoying?

Do away with the side-bar-clicky-thingy! I say if the ATS PTB aren't willing to go quietly, we should throw a tea party to ensure their destruction. I don't like tea though so I'll just have water or something. But you guys can have it. I'll bring the tea cups! Maybe those light blue ones that come in a complete set that you can buy at the dollar store? Yeah that'd be awesome.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This is too funny!
All of a sudden when I started going to read the posts, I use to have to click and scroll. Okay, I'm sitting here going, WTH? Why is is going back to where I just came from when I click and scroll?
I thought my puter was screwing up, or it was ATS. Then, vwallaaa, I finally figured it out, we don't have to click to scroll on this site anymore!
On the post page that is! Thanks for posting, I thought I was the only one to notice that!
Love it!!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
ahhh, the weight of advertising which is backed by money and UI (user interface) that is theory until user tested by you.

which way will ATS go?

stand for the user? or stand for the dollar?

i'm an Ad Exec, (and used to develop UI) so i understand both paths.
i say keep the ad sidebar and remove the clickability.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
This has been the most annoying feature that I have seen on this website since me joining.

I would go ahead and vote in favor of the motion

DEATH TO THE SIDEBARS!!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Personally I think this is some kind of conspiracy - trying to bring debunkers, skeptics, believers, and everything in between together!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Hey, Ash!
Thanks for that, I never thought to click on the preview button!
....Can't friggin believe myself sometimes.
Anyway, thanks for pointing that out. It will realy help in the future.
Just tried it, it works!! Yay.

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Cry Havoc and let slip the zombie dogs of war!

I implore you oh great ats take away the foul side bars! They need not be here at ATS they only serve one purpose, to destroy the posts of the fine people of ATS we peons implore you oh great ones! Take pity upon us and remove the demon side bars!

In ATS'S Name I pray
Ash Nomadonte

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
stop using internet explorer

Although I agree with your statement in general - just so you know I use firefox and it still does it - it's not a function of the browser it's the 3 amigos and it's a conspiracy I tell ya!!!!

I use an old 20" monitor - must be weird for widescreen monitors!! - I minimise the bars a little by holding Ctrl and tapping + a few times, but I can have the text too big, my arms are only so long and I can't type with my toes.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
It got me too once tonight, but I had stuff backed up in word.
Still, unless they are trying to generate lots of homepage hits for some reason, I don’t see the point in adding this. Most of the time I have the browser window exactly the width to cut out the sidebars anyway, so it has only been a problem once so far.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Still, unless they are trying to generate lots of homepage hits for some reason,

More hits = more valuable ad space = more money

Not saying this is the motive but it's true regardless.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I've had stuff disappear on me before, but not from this particular problem. In fact its never happened, and I can't even get it to happen if I try.
I just tried clicking all over the side and nothing happened.
??????
Not sure what to say.
I feel left out.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
I've had stuff disappear on me before, but not from this particular problem. In fact its never happened, and I can't even get it to happen if I try.
I just tried clicking all over the side and nothing happened.
??????
Not sure what to say.
I feel left out.

You have to be at the top of the page, that's what makes it so completely ridiculous.

While you are at the top of any page you have 4 options, either click the LOGO, click HOME, or click either side bar. All bring you home.

If you scroll down, and click the sides, they do nothing. So you still have to scroll to the top of the page, then click. It's a completely pointless feature, with unintended consequences.

I am glad we have had such a strong showing of support, and I am keeping up on this thread and am yet to see even one supporter of the feature show up. So when is an Admin going to look into this?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I am keeping up on this thread and am yet to see even one supporter of the feature show up.

I support it. I think it's great. I love the convenience it provides me. In this busy and on-the-go society we live in, we can't afford to be wasting our time moving our cursor a few centimeters. Especially with the economy the way it is.

I think it's a shame what you're trying to do, king9072 (if that is your real name!). You are trying to consolidate all of our links in to one. If we do that, the terrorists win. Haven't you heard of the free market, you communist?

I support your detention and enhanced interrogation for your outrageous accusations and proposals of change to the way the day-to-day operations of ATS are conducted.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Nope. It doesn't matter even if I am at the top of the page. Still nothing.
I don't know if its my browser settings or something, but this doesn't happen.
Any chance they fixed it?
I'm sure they would have said something if they did tho.
Good luck with it.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
In a show of solidarity with the OP, i deliberately deleted my original and may I say far more eloquent thread reply by clicking the sidebar. I'm not exactly writing historic, ground-breaking material, but it is aggravating when you have to half-ass a response when you had a Muse-inspired divine revelation of a thread reply, and lost it because you were refocusing your browser.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
OMG I'm not alone! I also despise the sidebars with every ounce of my being.

Realizing that a fix would be a long time coming I took matters into my own hands
Just block the image with your favorite ad blocking tool and it's gone for good. Ad Block Plus for FireFox works like a charm.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

I am keeping up on this thread and am yet to see even one supporter of the feature show up.

I support it. I think it's great. I love the convenience it provides me. In this busy and on-the-go society we live in, we can't afford to be wasting our time moving our cursor a few centimeters. Especially with the economy the way it is.

I think it's a shame what you're trying to do, king9072 (if that is your real name!). You are trying to consolidate all of our links in to one. If we do that, the terrorists win. Haven't you heard of the free market, you communist?

I support your detention and enhanced interrogation for your outrageous accusations and proposals of change to the way the day-to-day operations of ATS are conducted.

Hahah well said, I guess if I don't want the terrorists to win I got to just get used to it.

Besides, if I think about it the fraction of a second that I save not having to move to the logo. Well, if I save that fraction of a second, a few million times, I will have earned back all the time I spent on lost work.

YAY! We all win!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Bump for agreement.

This site's never been easy to find your way around. For starters, having a main navigation menu that has different options depending on what part of the site you're on is one of the biggest "don't do's" in the industry.

The sidebars are just one more facet of this web site's downright horrible navigation.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
THIS EXPLAINS IT ALL! PLEASE REVIEW!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join