It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snake with claw stuns scientists?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Actually all snakes carry the gene to grow limbs. That gene is suppressed. Something in this snake caused the limb gene to be active. This isn't the first snake with legs and it wont be the last.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by A Conscience

I swear to God I am never going to Florida.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
i like how every time people come across an animal they dont recognize, thier instinct is to beat it to death.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

Reactionary motion. Raise object, swing down, repeat. A snake is one thing, but a snake with a claw is another.

By the way, I'm guessing you're a fan of The Blackout.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkice19
Actually all snakes carry the gene to grow limbs. That gene is suppressed. Something in this snake caused the limb gene to be active. This isn't the first snake with legs and it wont be the last.

What a load of bull#. There is not a "limb-gene". Limbs are the result of development of concurrent actions of thousands of genes.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch

What a load of bull#. There is not a "limb-gene". Limbs are the result of development of concurrent actions of thousands of genes.

Im not a geneticist but thats how it was explained to me. I am however a breeder of red tailed boas,ball pythons,rhacodactylus leachianus(Giant Geckos),bearded dragons, fly river turtles, phyllobates terribilis (Scary looking frog) and african soft furred rats.
This has happened in the past and it will happen in the future. I have seen some of the craziest mutations in reptiles some were hard to believe till i saw with my own eyes.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I have seen some of the craziest mutations in reptiles some were hard to believe till i saw with my own eyes.

Pics or GTFO!

2nd line.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It gets me so mad these ignorant people beat a innocent creature to death for no reason. I cant wait for the day a species smarter and larger then us comes along and beats this old lady to death because "she looks scary".

EVERY time we hear of a facinating species, or creature, possibly even something never discovered, it is always followed by whoever found it beating it to death for no reason at all other then ignorance. I am absolutely appalled and have little respect for people like that. This snake was probably much more scared of the lady. All she had to do was open a door and it would probably have fled in fear, safely and quietly.

I understand you may fear something, but that does not give you a reason to kill it just because it scares you. When the first thing you do is kill something, then ask questions later, that is a serious problem and it seems very prevalent in societies. Why? I have no idea, but in my mind its inhumane and extremely cruel.

As for the snake, I am guessing the foot was part of its meal. If it wasnt though, we would never have the chance to witness such a genetic marvel because of this old, ignorant fool.

[edit on 9/19/2009 by deadline527]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch

Im not a geneticist but thats how it was explained to me. I am however a breeder of red tailed boas,ball pythons,rhacodactylus leachianus(Giant Geckos),bearded dragons, fly river turtles, phyllobates terribilis (Scary looking frog) and african soft furred rats.
This has happened in the past and it will happen in the future. I have seen some of the craziest mutations in reptiles some were hard to believe till i saw with my own eyes.

Yes, and I am currently undertaking my masters in functional genomics, so you can trust me more than whoever told you that..

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

I dont have any crazy mutation pics but i can take pics of some of my pets if you like? Sec let me log into my photobucket account.

Most recent pics with crystal skull.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Why is there only one picture of this snake? I want to see a close up of the claw. Something smells fishy to me.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Darkice19, that dog with the headset is priceless, and those are some cute Lizzies!

How, though, did you get your Photobucket pics to show up here?

I thought any time we attempted to embed pics now, they would just show up as "Link to External Media."

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit
Darkice19, that dog with the headset is priceless, and those are some cute Lizzies!

How, though, did you get your Photobucket pics to show up here?

I thought any time we attempted to embed pics now, they would just show up as "Link to External Media."

I just copied the image code and pasted here.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I remember seeing a long time ago a snake I believe an ocean snake of sorts that still has partial apendages that are just useless flaps of skin, where the legs used to be?
Anyone back me up on this one?
Seems to memory to be related to the corral snake?
Too long ago, wow I just realized that in a few months 20 year college reunion..yikes...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join