It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student attacked on Belleville West bus, video from St. Louis news site

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Yeah but there are also rules against encouraging the fight, which you can see most of the students are doing.

And students should at least have a basic sense of morality, meaning damn the rules, you help a fellow man who is being violently attacked, regardless.

Any one of those students cheering was just as able to put a pen through that goons throat. To fail to do so is unacceptable.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Keep doin what you're doin 110%!!!

My kids know that it is not cool to watch a bully thrash someone.

If they are too scared to act, that's OK i will not judge them for that.

But they know that if they choose to act, and they are punished for it at school, that they themselves and we the parents are the final judges of their actions, not some arbitrary school rules.
for you.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Hang those kids that beat this poor boy on his way to school ,

A hate crime if there ever was

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

I just can't fathom, seeing someone being beaten, for well, a bus seat. Which to me, it looked like he had nowhere else to sit!

Then when the kid gets upset or just full of himself and starts fighting him, that everyone applauds?

There was a total feeling of the arrogance of these attackers. They reminded me of a mean a$$ kid that used to throw rocks and kick at stray dogs for the fun of it. Like they were punishing that kid for invading their lifespace. How dare he walk the same ground as they did!!!

I bet Dr. King would sob and puke over something like this.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by yenko13

I agree that this would be classed as a hate crime, but I would tread lightly with the imagery bro.

Not trying to get politically correct on you man, but that was kind of overt.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Instead of all you bitvhing about it...ummm try do something about it. That punk kid should have stood his ground and fought back instead of letting them beat him.....take the beating at least he would have went down with some pride. Also when i mean do something about it...let locals news stations or someone of importance know about it. All you ATS'ers do is complain no one tries to do anything about it...there are a ton of things you could do.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Hey there, if you are tired of seeing nothing but bitching on ATS, here's a thought, don't read it.

You don't know what we do or don't do so if you could be so kind...

There are myriad bridges around if you need somewhere to TROLL.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I hear stories like this and I think, "This is the America we're fighting so hard to hang on to?"

I couldn't abide bullies when I went to school and encourage my children to stand up for what's right, no matter the outcome. All bullies are cowards and no one with one iota of moxy need ever fear a bully.

See my signature? I don't mind my own business when I see this kind of thing going on whether it's kids or adults. Bad behavior is not tolerated.

You don't have to go looking for trouble but when it jumps out in front of you, you need to deal with it, one way or another.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Perhaps you could lead by example and then post what you did to rectify the situation so we can all follow your shining model of proactive behavior.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Ahh mods...what would we do without you..
. Fine to the poster who called me a troll....I refuse to get into a name calling match since that is childish behaviour. The other poster telling me to lead by example..I would if I cared about the situation but I don't. I was merely pointing out how people enjoy telling others how outraged they are about this and that and in the end do absolutely nothing about it.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I was just in St. Louis this past weekend visiting family. I live in OC right now but grew up in St. Louis. Poor kid. If that was my kid I'd not only take out the kid but I'd take out his family Russian KGB style. Call me a racist I don't give a #.........I grew up with blacks in St. Louis public schools and St. Louis city has gone to # because of them. Black on black killing is out of control. I hate St. Louis. It's such a wonderful city but sorry to say it's your typical city that once the blacks move in the city goes to crap. I be the bus driver was black as well. Just go to St. Louis international airport. One of the worst Airports to fly out of.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Obviously looks like it could be race related! It’s always sad to see kids treating each other this way. It’s no secret; many African Americans have a manner of behaving this way, especially when facing racial tension. This is unfortunately the result of a racially divide nation. But somebody needs to be the bigger person; those boy's parents should've raise them better.
There's the factor of generational culture of violence and bullying that these kids are victim of also.They should be punished according to the crime they've committed whatever the crime is. Nobody’s going to object to that.
But also beware of the knee-jerk reactions of those who don't really give a crap about the victim. They will just be too happy using the incidence to add more fuel to the fire and keep the ball of hate rolling!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by explore

I am with your sentiment one hundred percent.

I am from a small town that could be considered redneckish I am one that believes bird of a feather often flock together when in close quarters. Meaning that when a group of people are together and they have similarities they will stick together over those who are different from themselves.

I can imagine this kid felt basically the same way. If he fights back things might have only turned out worse as more would have joined in and the beating could have gotten very ugly. I am not saying this is just a black thing or white thing but a people thing. It would have been the same if the colors had been completely reversed.

Like I said I am from a small town of redneckish people. I took a beating from one person with minimal fighting back so that I was not attacked by the other 6-7 that were there with him. It is a survival thing to me. I can walk away faster from ones delivered by one than by wounds delivered by 7-8 (who could have easily brought out weapons as well.

I don’t know the full story behind this attack but it seems racial for sure. But it might be that the boy was doing things that might provoke such an attack prior to being on the bus. At this moment though with the information we have at hand it seems to be nothing more than racial views that brought about this attack.

Imagine though if someone had stood up and said hey this is not right. It might have helped things out and the boy might not have been beaten the way he was. We as a people need to overcome this “they are like me so I will stick with them” idea and go with “hey that is not right so I will stand out from the normal and say so” sort of thing.

Raist

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I can't believe my old Highschool is on here on ATS... even though the last time I was there was over 20 years ago.

I was listening to the radio today here in St. Louis, and they said that a couple of the kids that were seen on the video cheering during this attack was suspended from school... and supposedly their parents are outraged.

If I saw my kids on that video cheering instead of trying to stop the attack, I would have had a problem with it not the other way around.

Society is messed up... seriously. I remember there was an occasional fight when I went to highschool, but usually it was a mutual fight. This was an all out attack on someone because of their color.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Even more interesting that the video, was the comments from individuals on the St. Louis media page.

If this was reversed we would have heard alot more from the likes of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the rest of the band wagon on how this was purely racism. But we dont see that because we beat up on a white kid. The outcries of our community are so one sided. --AB

What else remains to be said?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Here are my questions. Where is the Rearend Jesse Jackass? Did a child not just suffer? Shouldn't he be out talking to the community? Oh ya that's if it were the other way around.
Question two is, couldn't the kid that took the beating just go sit in the back of the bus like he should have? Oh ya, he took an available seat.

I am so tired of all the race crap. Its f'ng 2009! We have a black president and lots of people of every race, color and creed doing things of importance every day. I don't like the road we are heading down.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Indeed... a group of whites would have been expelled, arrested, sued and lives ruined..

This is a hate crime, there needs to be equality... equal punishments as well.

The fact that the "black leaders" don't speak up shows what racist bigots they really are.

Disgusting.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sickboy1313

Where is the Rearend Jesse Jackass?

He's trying to come up with a sneaky plan to give obama a vasectomy. lol

Jesse I believe that when he dies, America may actually move up in the world a bit.

I'm not telling you to kill him or anyone! He's pretty old though..... shouldn't be to long

Not that death is funny in any way shape or form.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
That video is infuriating. Had that been my son, I'd be in prison.

There is some bit of good news, those, for those who believe no one stood up to help since the video linked to from this thread was cut short.

In the full length of the video, you see a black student stand in between the attacker and the victim to protect the white student. The attacker looks like he is calming down so the black student sits down. The attacker then goes after the victim again but before he can get there, a hispanic student stands up, gets in between the attacker and the victim, grabs the attacker by the arm, forces him forward a couple of rows, then pushes him down into a seat where the attacker is bent awkwardly sideways.

The incident is disgusting and my heart goes out to the student and his parents. My support goes out to the two students who came to his defense.

If I had been the student's mother, my claws would have come out and so would their eyes.

[edit on 9/16/2009 by AshleyD]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join