It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It wasnt easy,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
But i finally bullied the SETI site into letting me join. I only have one WU to offer, but I am sure my A64 and PIII 667 can churn a few out untill the conversion to BIONIC is complete.

But, use the command line version...you can process 100 WU's in the amount that it would take 10..

I switched over from folding@home, where I was a part of Team FutureMark. I use my comps about 4 hours a day (4 each for a total of 8) the rest of the time...they eat away at the data given to them.

In fact, I am about to add two WU's to the team

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by crisko]

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
welcome to you and your 2 work units, every one of them is like gold dust to us
I'm sure they will soon grow into more before you know it.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Command-line is the way to go, in my opinion as well ...but then again, I miss DOS!

Glad you could join us, crisko. Welcome aboard.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Welcome Crisco! Make sure you use setimon with that CLi! The perfect program for checking your progress.SetiMon

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It wasnt easy neither for me because i tried to download seti@home on the web site provided in the seti tutorial and it didnt worked.
then i went to google and searched "download seti@home" and i did click on these one download seti@home and i choose the options and then i clicked on download mirror 1. and
it worked

Now Im hopping to find a E.T.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Welcome crisko and vempire_cnc!!

Very many thanx for perservering with joining the programme and good luck with finding that elusive ET!!

If you have any problems, hints or comments, etc, please feel free to share them with us - we're all here to learn and help each other as much as we are able!!

Good luck - and thanx again for joining ATS SETI@home - and hope you consider joining ATS BOINC team when it moves over ultimately?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
How do you switch teams?

BTW, whats your name on FM?
I'm an oldie there :p 00 registrant hehe Same name

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by minimi
Welcome Crisco! Make sure you use setimon with that CLi! The perfect program for checking your progress.SetiMon

If you got several boxes, I suggest you look at multi-setimon and/or SetiLog and its monitoring partner.

I'm using serviced seti threads and setimon so I can read from all machines on the network.

new topics

top topics

join