It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Bunker!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
A big HI to everyone out there!!

On tuesday, me and my Mum were meant to be taking her class to the Secret Bunker for a school trip.
I recieved a phone call this morning to say that the trip had been cancelled by the local authorities and council!

I made a phone call to the council and they said they could not say anything but suggested that it could be the old water pipes leaking again?

On further ideas, i called my niece up in Cupar and she said that for the last couple of days the place had been cornered off to civilians and there was a lot of landings at Leuchars Airbase by fighters and cargo planes.

Her guess was that the place was getting activated again and they were getting the bunker fitted out for an underground command post!

What do you think?

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
i remember in cadets when we were looking at maps of CFB borden they labelled where all the bunkers were

doesn't inspire much confidence does it

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Between this, reports of people working late shift at FEMA installations, and our regional EO commander leaving early on Friday, saying something about making sure we were in town come Monday morning, these are NOT good signs at all...

The US is obviously just waiting for a jumping off signal, but we dont have the public support for it, locally or internationally.... therefore, to justify the US assault, there will have to be another attack.... I believe one is coming this week... likely as big or bigger than WTC. And, if that wont be bad enough, when we do cut loose, then we WILL get REAL reprisal attacks.... awful hard to stop suicide bombers who have already decided to die and take as many others with them as they can...

Hey Raven!! Be careful not to hurt yourself!!!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I read in a womens lib magazine last night that All Saints babe Nicole Apelton is building a bunker in her back yard.

Of course brainless femenists trashed her everyway they could.
Of course.

They said there is no difference bunker or no bunker, its aint going to save her.

But there is a great difference between trying and doing something than doing nothing.

Stupid ego driven bitches.

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Looks like all these bunkers that the Govt took out of commision so they could charge the public a fiver a time to look around are still handy after all.

You can bet you're last penny that if there is a biggie event in the works that the only people who will remain safe throughout are the politicians.

The great unwashed will be given a small instruction pamphlet and encouraged to sign 'White Cliffs of Dover' until it's all over with.

That's the spirit.

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hmmmm...I've visited the secret bunker at Anstruther twice before, and during the tour, we were informed that the bunker would be destroyed by a hit by a nuclear bomb. Given that the bunker is on most maps of the area, I doubt it will be used as a shelter against nuclear attack, but it may be refurbished as an underground command post, as you said, Raven. Perhaps part of the American "star wars" program?

P.S. whereabouts in Scotland do u live Raven?

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hey there!

Live in Kirkcaldy!

How about you?

I agree by the way! The bunker is definetly going to be used for a Command post but with all the heavy supplies they are bringing in, its going to be used if the war in Iraq flares up!

Lets just hope that it doesn't!

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I live in Milngavie ( the shame
) near Glasgow. If you've never been then don't go, it's the most boring place on earth.

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Hey Raven!!

Any news on your end? Its been quiet on this end, which is what is starting to worry me... bases in my area are on ThreatCon Delta, cant get in, and lots of aircraft activity....

Also, they evacuated CDC earlier today, then said it was a false alarm, however, someone who knows the system they use says they have never heard of a false alarm with those sensors before....

Keep us updated!!!

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Hi folks... this is my first post... anyway...

The reason that the sercret bunker in Anstruther is located there is that its design would not withstand a direct or close range nuclear attack. The structure would not withstand the blast of a tactical nuclear device or even conventional weapons. By locating the bunker in Anstruther, it is outside of the blast radius for Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen yet within close enough range to communicate with a bunker in Dundee. The only practical protection offered by the bunker is in its enclosure in a Farady cage which provides protection from the electromagnetic pulse which a nuclear device produces. The bunker's protection was in it's secret location and since it is clearly no longer a secret it no longer offers any protection.

It is extremely unlikely that the bunker would be used again and certainly would not be used in the case of an Iraqi war 'flare up'. Besides the fact that we know that an escalated situation in Iraq is now not possible due to coallition rule, Iraq does not contain any weapons which could pose a direct threat to the UK. Iraq does not own an intercontinental ballistic missiles and certainly does not own any ICBMs with nuclear payloads. Furthermore, if Iraq were to launch a surprise interncontinental nuclear strike the device could and would be blown out of the skies.

The greater risk is from terrorist attacks against Britain and, even in this case, Anstruther would not be used. There are much larger, more secret and better equiped bunkers located around the country which are currently 'at standby' not least those beneath the MOD buildings in London (Almost every city has secret bunkers.. although these are gradually becoming less secret). The anticipated risk posed by terrorist attacks against Britain at most takes the form of 'dirty bombs' but more conventionally might involve hijacking or downing aircraft, targetting other mobile structures (such as petrol tankers) or other 'dirty' targets such as nuclear power stations. The bunkers beneath the MOD buildings in London would not withstand a nuclear strike but would withstand any other form of attack including a tactical nuclear attack and are the preferred safe haven for those in Parliament.

Oh and another reason the Anstruther bunker isn't being prepped for anything is that I attended a house music night organised there by a society at St Andrews uni last month.... ;-)

[Edited on 17-5-2003 by rossco]

top topics

join