It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caution: Monetary System Collapse

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Yes but there is a ton of "money" backing real estat and other assets. What our country has witnessed has just been a huge transfer of "wealth" i.e. assets not just "money" at the expense of taxpayers and middle class America.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
reply to post by spirit_horse

Yes, and shades of Lyndon LaRouche who is saying collapse this October...Lyndon LaRouche is, after all, the father of the "October surprise". [/quo

I've been fallowing his stuff for a while now and he's definitely saying the same thing, I'm surprised I never see anything about him on ATS. He just had a web cast on September 8th webcast here

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Jazz87]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by burdman30ott6

We can sit around and discuss things or we can take action.
A century of in-action has gotten us to this point in time today.
We can continue to have our bitchfests and resolve nothing or we can take charge and clean the system.

Our one chance for the foreseeable future is the upcoming G20.
20 or so world leaders will be present, what better time to do something and change things once and for all.

Well, there's an option.

I perceive that not is all Gloom & Doom as many have been lead to believe...

I don't know if anyone has noticed that many major strides within the Gov't have been made this week.

Yeah, some scoffers will say it's all smoke and mirrors. It means nothing that the White House (through Axelrod) has blown off US citizens as if bugs to be squashed.

Means nothing that congress has activated as if the US has been suddenly attacked. As if at war. Yeah OK whatever man.... Butt!

Scoffers can shuffle out to their dumpster. =)

AHA! Congress is scrambling with great gusto this week!

Seriously, who gives a rats ass about Health Care reform? If they pass anything, heads will roll. Seems only the fringe elements are interested in HC.

Real people are interested in getting HR1207: Audit The Fed, rolling... Defunding ACORN... (what a huge savings of otherwise earmarked billions$$$!)... Sunsetting the Czars!!! OMG what a wonderful way to say GTFO by Dec 31, 2009!

Can anyone say that this isn't the busiest week ever for congress?

Who cares the Obama is on whirlwind tour for HC this weekend. Or what Carter's opinion... After comments like he's made today, all I can ask is "isnt he dead yet? heard of assisted suicide buddy? it's time."

No one with any human value cares about either one of those overflowing colostomy bags.

So, again... what's with the Doom & Gloom? Congress has made huge steps this week... If they continue, I can imagine, hopefully, perhaps, even likely they will be able to score a coop for average citizens. Seeing congress activate is somewhat breath taking... Let's watch.

Always be prepared though... That should be an unspoken understanding of all of us. Friendly reminder... When you think that you are ready... Don't forget there are always UPGRADES.

Edit for : Tired

[edit on 9·17·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I have only recently got involved with Economics, mainly because every time I attempted to learn of it the big bad scary books used alot of big words, I mean really big words and so many numbers but my friend explained it to me and i'm learning little by little by reading your posts and all and I watched the video, good find. S&F, but whats gonna happen if the Monetary system does collapse? would this be the nail in the coffin for society?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Plucky....How easily do we forget the true start of money!!!

Go to the American Heritage Dictionary, look up money, and track back from one to another the root definitions of the word.

One finds that the reason money is named money is because it was minted in the temple of a Roman Goddess named "moneta". Was she the Goddess of high finance? No....oh no....the Goddess of Love & Marriage!!!!

We truly live in a erotic economic society!!!!

eBolivar

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
You know, I told friends and family about last years Wall Street collapse a year before it happened. When it happened everyone asked, "what next?" I like many others believed the government would soon collapse. I was in the February 09 camp.

However, I was incorrect. But, I don't think I was wrong just ahead of the game! I have postulated that the Obama administration has just been holding on by a thread, as do many others. Of course, many of my family once again think I'm a "kook" or a "little out there," because I am once more telling them to prepare for rough times. I hope I'm wrong! But, I don't think the economy can stay propped up much longer.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
More bad news...good news if you are into fresh doom.

"October crash, that's pretty severe."

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Good find. Its interesting that there appear to be so many market mavens from around the world that are all saying the same thing. Says something about the likelihood of the noosphere in my mind (pun intended). Actually I can only hope that its ONLY a crash and not something altogether more radical - more destructive. If we emerge from this cataclysm with only the loss of paper money and wealth, I personally see that as a win, compared with what may happen. One may find a little pre-emptive planning may pay huge dividends in the not too distant future. I'm not talking about hiding in a cave, the woods, or a desert island (like people too much to hide from them); but the Golden Rule is good for the soul as well as the purse.

BTW you do know what the Brits mean by Fanny?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sashromi

BTW you do know what the Brits mean by Fanny?

I am quite sure you'd rather plucky answer this question than me but... in the US the fanny is the butt, in the UK if you go 180 degrees from the butt to the other side of a woman's body, you'll find the fanny.

Oh, glorious fanny.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by kozmo

Yes but there is a ton of "money" backing real estat and other assets. What our country has witnessed has just been a huge transfer of "wealth" i.e. assets not just "money" at the expense of taxpayers and middle class America.

Thats correct. If the Fed really wanted to save the domestic economy - then liquidity injections needed to go into the real economy.

The liquidity was injected into favored banks - not to help the economy, but to insulate those banks from the effects of the deflationary depression that had begun.

The Fed - under control of the NWO - is simply holding the economy in a deflationary state so they can bankrupt as many people as possible - then they clean the mortgage through the Fed - and hold the real estate.

This is just GRAND LARCENY - they are stealing all the real estate in the US. This is not an accident - neither is the fact that it is being held by the govt. They are just caretakers for the owners - the globalists (central banks, vatican etc).

The banks will not, and are not lending into a deflationary environment - in short, it was just a scam.

They are just using the cash to speculate on the stock market - which is ridiculously overbought - can you say 140 P/E? Less than 1% return, or 140 years to get your investment back - doesn't sound like the place to put money if you ask me.

You could fix the economy in the short term by devaluing the dollar - or injecting cash into the real economy - through infrastructure spending, or even just throw money into the streets.

However -due to the exponential nature of the debt burden that is an inherent part of the fiat money system - it wont hold up long. We are approaching the vertical asymptote of credit creation - the system MUST fail.

Really the fundamental solution is to dissolve the fiat currency system - wipe out all banks - outlaw charging of interest - and replace fiat with some sound currency.

Of course you'll need to kill a lot of people to achieve those ends - personally I think it is a very healthy approach - considering they want to kill you and me.

For me you want a currency that cannot be controlled by a central agency - and that means something that is generated locally.

So you could either use some kind of labor hours system - distributed locally, but that would be accepted nationally (you could use a different currency to balance international trade - but BALANCE is the keyword there).

Personally - I would ALWAYS chose silver and gold as the sound money of choice - its accepted universally - anyone can mint coins of a specific weight - they are difficult to counterfeit.

The NWO think they are justified doing what they are doing - because population growth and consumption of resources are on exponential growth curves as well.

They think they need to kill people - rather than using their power just to stop population growth and consumption. Of course - those are politically difficult things to sell - but surely anyone can see how powerful the brainwashing power of television is.

If we used TV to educate people, we should be able to drop growth in consumption and population to zero - fairly quickly I would think. Not fast enough for the NWO - they want to just kill off all the useless eaters.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon

Really the fundamental solution is to dissolve the fiat currency system - wipe out all banks - outlaw charging of interest - and replace fiat with some sound currency.
[edit on 19-10-2009 by Amagnon]

Amen.
Second line.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Here's a new one from Max Keiser on what's happening economically:

pimpinturtle.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
well ANOTHER false prediction. the "No later than October 15th" I believe has passed...So now what......

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
HMMMMM it appears I may have killed this thread with logic.......

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I find it sort of interesting to go back onto these older strings and review what was said by various experts and contributors.

In this case, it has now been almost three months since the posts, some of which predicted economic disaster in October. Well, I have just watched the evening news and the White House is having spokesmen tout (backing up what certain economic mavens have been saying for a few weeks now) that recovery is just around the corner.

Now while I certainly don't agree with the concept that everything is just peachy now, I must admit that I am not as negative about things as i was in September.

Long-term I still see a huge problem, but it seems we may have averted the train wreck in the short-term. How? I'm not sure.

Crazy world in which we now live, huh?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
No one when predict exactly when something like this is going to happen. That is why 90% of the time you should turn away from "predictions" and base reasoning upon facts,

The fact is, the economy hasn't changed one bit since September/October. More jobs have been lost, more debt has been added, and we are further down the path than we were. The real "experts" you have to watch are the ones the confirm but don't place a set date on events happening. I still believe, as I have since early 2009, that without a shadow of a doubt this economy is going to tank out and the dollar is going to drop to nothingness.

I don't base this on predictions or what the white house is saying, sporting their completely nonexistent recover, I base this on what I see and what is happening. Obviously we have either not learned our lessons or TPTB obviously just don't care where they take us.

I'm pretty sure it is the later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join