It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq shoe-thrower freed from jail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Iraq shoe-thrower freed from jail

rawstory.com

Muntazer al-Zaidi, the Iraqi television reporter jailed for throwing his shoes at former US president George W. Bush, was finally freed on Tuesday, ending a nine-month stint in prison.

Zaidi has been behind bars ever since he shouted "it is the farewell kiss, you dog," at Bush on December 14 last year, seconds before hurling his size-10s at the man who ordered Iraq be invaded and occupied six and a half years ago.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The search button is not working for me so IF this story has already been posted I am sorry .

I remember when this incident took place last Dec. I thought the poor guy was going to be took out back and shot .

Glad to see this wasn't the case , I wonder just what would have happened to this guy if he had of done this in the good old USA , land of the free .

I find myself wondering if there is a future in Iraqi politics for this guy , or perhaps a career playing professional Cricket might be more his style .

Anyway glad to see that he wont spend the rest of his life in jail for throwing a shoe at someone .

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
we should bring him to america to throw a shoe at obama now,,,

then send him on the lecture circuit and elect him to congress,,,
he will probably do more than some of our current elected buffoons

this man did a brave thing and showed what he thought

more than most americans who can't name there elcted members of congress but know who is winning american idol

edit:: i didn't want to sound rascist as the next 2 comments gest,,,,, i firmly back him in throwing at bush,,, only wishing it would have smacked him in the head

obama and bush---elite blodd brothers

[edit on 16-9-2009 by shortywarn]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
If he threw a shoe at Obama, those crying about liar would lynch him, set his body on fire, and parade the carcass down the street through the cheering crowd.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Wtf why bring up throwing shoes at obama? thats racist

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helghast1
Wtf why bring up throwing shoes at obama? thats racist

Yeah people, if you're gonna be a shoe thrower be an equal opportunity shoe thrower and throw them at every member of congress male, female, black, white, brown, yellow... Just give it a good tale spin when you do it for that extra umph!

Incog

new topics

top topics

join