It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carter: Race Plays Role in Obama Dislike - UPDATED: White House rejects racism claim

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Interesting update. As much as i dislike many of this administration's policies, i believe obama is sincere in that. Like i said before, he is just as white as he is black, genetically, and was raised by the white half of his family, so if one was counting i would even say that makes him more white than black. I really don't think he wants all this focus on race, not in defense of him, or criticism against him.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Interesting update.

Isn't it?

I guess all those accusations that "Obama is playing the race card" can be dismissed now.

Right?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
I guess all those accusations that "Obama is playing the race card" can be dismissed now.

Right?

Well, they can be, but they probably won't. It seems to me, he personally has never wanted to touch the race thing with a 10 ft pole. So, i don't think hearing it out of the horse's mouth is going to stop his fervent supporters and detractors from going back and forth about it. I wish it would though...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Of course Obama isn't going to say he is playing the race card. He doesn't have to, when so many of his supporters are more than willing to do so, including the media.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
From Rush Limbaugh today:

"Jimmy Carter and Barack Obama deserve each other, folks. Misery indexes love company."

"Jimmy Carter is such a disingenuous, old, doddering, incompetent boob that I have mixed emotions about him: I wish he'd go away, but yet I'm glad he's here because he's doing nothing helpful to the Democrat Party."

"Obama is not black to me. He's not half black/half white, he's the president of the United States, and, as such, given his agenda, he poses a grave danger to the America I believe in. That's all that matters to me. I couldn't care if he's a hermaphrodite."

"I have a question for Jimmy Carter; seriously, now. Remember the election of 1980? An overwhelming portion of the country did not think Jimmy Carter was qualified to lead the country. Were they racists?"

Amazing....all within a 3 hour show!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

I just don't agree. Everybody but obama wants to play the race card, again, he's half white and was raised by white people...regardless of your thoughts on him politically, as a person, why would he indentify more with his black half over his white half? Politically, whites are still the majority, so if he wants support for his policies, it seems that he would be shooting himself in the foot to alienate us like that. He's never said anything that leads me to believe he wants to play the race card, again, its the super partisans on both sides, bickering as usual, who are using the race card.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Probably because he looks more black than he does white.

He will never play the race card again. His people will. If they get carried away, he can just throw them under the bus, and there will be a new group of worshippers to take their place.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'd say it's 70% racism at minimum. If I had a dollar for every ignorant friend back home that's said "we need to get this damn 'n-word' out of the white house" I'd be rich. Any admission that it is racism would hurt the facade so it is fought vigorously and with extreme venom.

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
He's not black, he's half-cast.

I swear black people are much, MUCH more racist than whites. Check this thread out, unbelievable...

Isn't Obama half black, half white?

white man white woman white baby
black man black woman black baby
black man white woman black baby
dont you listen to your pubic enemy son.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
ooops, posted in error, mods are human too

[edit on 16-9-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
My take on all this.

Carter is trying to divert attention from the real issue, which happens to be dissatisfaction with government in general.

Don't forget he's in the big boys club, regardless of what you've been lead to believe.

I find this to be a totally disgusting act on his part.

This is getting more coverage than the 9/12 march in DC.

F'in ridiculous.

Throw everyone into the same boat...

So now anyone who criticizes the government is a racist and still anyone who criticizes Israel is branded an anti-semite.

They've got all the bases covered now it seems.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Personally, i think the conservatives who truly aren't *prejudiced* and genuinely dislike obama for his policies, should do more to call out the *prejudiced* that are in their midst. I've seen many conservatives demand moderate muslims speak out against the extremists, and they should. Some of the signs i've seen, give the left leaning media and politicians plenty of fuel to make the claim that many of us who protest his policies are *prejudiced*. I would say to encourage your friends to think about how the posters or signs they are going to display (like the witch doctor one where he looks like a tribal african) can be used as ammunition against your valid opinions and concerns. The communist posters and the joker one, those are within bounds. But there are some blatantly *prejudiced* ones out there, and those of you who don't want your voices drowned out by this race BS should actively distance yourselves from that. Just my opinion though.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I guess we have all had enough! But the rhetoric on here is out of control! Most of you throwing around the word "racist" don't even understand what you are talking about. The term "racist" is being thrown around like it is part of the everyday vocabulary. Most people who use the term are using it incorrectly!!

"Racism"- a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
Origin:

Now let's look at the word prejudice:

Prejudice-

an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.
2. any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable.
3. unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, esp. of a hostile nature, regarding a racial, religious, or national group.
4. such attitudes considered collectively: The war against prejudice is never-ending.
5. damage or injury; detriment: a law that operated to the prejudice of the majority.

Which one do really mean, prejudice or racist?

I would say there is far more prejudice than racism
The biggest difference, racism involves hatred! I don't know many people who truly hate! Strongly dislike? Yes, but not hate!

link:[dictionary.reference.com...]

[edit on 16-9-2009 by paxnatus]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I agree. While there may be a small percentage of true racists out there who feel superior, there are probably alot more who simply haven't had much contact with black people, people don't trust what they're not familiar with. Especially older folks. It's still wrong, IMO, but not as bad as hate. I even edited my last post....

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
First of all Carter is a founding memebr of the Tri-Lateral Commission and is total NWO scum every so often he pops out says something audacious and the media debates it for a week. He is very effective at distraction in the news cycle.

I have a better question though than is Racism important

Are wars important anymore or is it ok now?

Why do we have such strong anti war sentiments with the left but after Obama becomes president that all goes away.

Is the left ok with the wars if the Democrats are in office? I don't understand.

The left and right is a joke on all of us both parties are controlled and it saddens me when people haplessly defend or try and argue that Obama is good or Bush is good when it is convenient for them or it is down party lines.

I long for the day when no one defends any of the presidents we have and everyone realizes they are actually puppets who read prompters and get told what to do and say. We will see true change in this country when we ignore the distractions and hold every presidents feet to the fire regardless and get these wars stopped and stop the war profiteering that runs the country

Racism this Racism that its just a red herring.

WHAT ABOUT THE WARS!! can we please end them? Dems said they couldn't do anything because Bush blocked them then when Bush gets out all the media stops even asking the question.

So i ask this question.

Will Obama ever be pressured by his supporters to end the wars or are you all ok with the wars now that Bush is gone?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I agree that the racist card is played way too much, to the point that people are going to start ignoring it and when it really does happen, something bad will happen. For my own point of view, I do not agree with the current adminstration agenda, and the way some regulations are being pushed through congress without letting both the House and Senate getting time to read or discuss such.
I am happy that Barack Obama got elected to office, as it shows that as a country we have moved on, but to put out a blanket statement that to disagree with the President is racist or UnAmerican is something that is not right. What the Represenative did was wrong yes, but to call him a racist, without valid proof is just plain wrong.
I find it offensive for that term to be used so freely, as it can ruin a person, and how do you defend or refute such a statement? Free speech also means that sometimes you have to carefully word what you state, lest you offend someone.
I thought that in a democracy, the majority rules, but the minority have rights and that anyone can question and disagree with the majority, as long as it is civil in nature.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
If it were about policy, most of the criticisms of him would be about his actual policy and not about him.

That's a valid point.
But an invalid assumption is to call such people racist.
Many critics of Bush were completely ignorant of the facts and hated him because it was cool to hate him or any other number of reasons. Just because they didn't argue against policy but instead played a game of 'Bush bashing', doesn't make them racist.

As AshleyD said, much of this seems to be politics as usual.
People hated Bush because he was a Republican.
People hate Obama because he's a Democrat.
Some people hate Obama because they think he's a Muslim.
Some people hate Obama because they think he's a liar.
Some people hate Obama because they think he's changing America to something it shouldn't be.
And yes, some people hate Obama because he's black.

But why ignore all the other reasons in favor of the race issue?
In my opinion it's because of how we've been trained to think.
We're not trained to be color blind... We're trained to take color into consideration in an effort to appear as though we are not taking color into consideration.
Such as Universities with racial quotas.
In an effort to not appear racist, they become racist.
We're trained, in many cases, to put race first.

But doesn't that just divide us more?

So in answer to the question "Does race play a role in hatred of Obama" - yes.
And I'm sure it played a role in the hatred of Bush.
I'm sure there were people out there that hated Bush because he was "just another white guy".
I'm sure to some people, apple pie plays a role in their hatred of Obama.
How, you ask?
Who knows...
Some people are crazy.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
Why do we have such strong anti war sentiments with the left but after Obama becomes president that all goes away.

Is the left ok with the wars if the Democrats are in office? I don't understand.

It's because the main stream news has become nothing more than a well dressed cheerleading squad. The only thing missing is the pom poms.
They have their cheers and boos all neatly wrapped in deceptive headlines and talking points completely devoid of substance.
And unfortunately, these are the sources most Americans rely on for a 'fast food' political view on the go.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

What else would you need to consider that the alternative to your statements may be the truth?

Simple..a poll asking how many black americans support Obama. And when i say support, i mean agree with what he is doing. And not that oh bull jive ones that just asks like 800 or so people either that suppose to represent over 20 mil people, heh. CNN likes to do that crap. When i take a look at their polling data it's like no wonder

When that drops, then i'll concede and admit your right.

Heck, last election i voted for Bush.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by cenpuppie]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

AcornGate.com I love the sound of that!

Someone needs to start up that web page.
I wonder how many hits Big Government.com is getting.
They got sponsors now! Nissan / Verizon / Sprint.......

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join