It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carter: Race Plays Role in Obama Dislike - UPDATED: White House rejects racism claim

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

My thoughts are Tort Reform.
Of course any "meaningful "Tort Reform is off the table.
Obama is in bed with the trial lawyers. Everybody will tell you that.
The best you will ever see is maybe a "bait & switch"
on Tort Reform. OK, here is it Tort Reform. OOPS!
look at the details! It was just a joke.

Truth be told. No "meaningful" Tort Reform......ever!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

nearly universal, and unwavering support he apparently enjoys from blacks despite his actual political positions or accomplishments.

No there is not. There are black folks that do not support what he is doing but you won't see or hear about them. I'm am so sick and tired of people who think that every black person in this country sees Obama as best thing since sliced bread.

It seems to me..that you feel for the hype.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I think race plays a very little role in Obama's dislike.

I disagree about that. I think that since there is a black guy in the white house, it's easier for some to simply rebel against the system.

IMO, conservatives dislike for Obama has more to do with Democrats being in charge of the White House and Congress. Let's admit it, republicans got their butt handed to them in the last election. They got outsmarted at every corner by a guy who they thought had no chance in hell of winning in the first place.

Bingo there! Let's be real, Bush messed it up so much, we would have voted for Lassie if she ran instead of Obama, i know i would

But since they lost to a black guy, it's gotten personal, that's just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
reply to post by loam

nearly universal, and unwavering support he apparently enjoys from blacks despite his actual political positions or accomplishments.

No there is not. There are black folks that do not support what he is doing but you won't see or hear about them. I'm am so sick and tired of people who think that every black person in this country sees Obama as best thing since sliced bread.

It seems to me..that you feel for the hype.

And your response to this statistic would be?

article

Barack Obama's appeal to black voters worked.

The nation's first black president won 95 percent of the black vote in the United States on Tuesday.

That's according to national exit polls, which were beefed up after the debacle of 2004, when the polls erroneously indicated John Kerry had beaten George Bush.

So, there are some blacks that did not support obama, but really not many at all. If the same poll had said that 95% of whites voted against obama, the headlines would scream racism. That, of course, did not happen, but the 95% black vote for obama did happen. Does that also mean racism was a factor in the black vote?

[edit on 9/16/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I find it very telling that possibly the biggest blunder ever to serve as president prior to the current adminsitration is also becoming the largest mouthpiece for and proponent of said current administration.

I don't I find Zbigniew Brzezinski behind Carter and Obama and Surprize, Surpize, McCain.

"In 1973, David Rockefeller asked Zbigniew Brzezinski to put together an organization of the top political, and business leaders from around the World. He called this group the Trilateral Commission..." Link

Jimmy Carter/Zbigniew Brzezinski timeline Link

With Zbigniew and Mark Brzezinski running Obama, and Ian Brzezinski writing McCain's foreign policy speeches.... www.emediawire.com...

And now good old Zbigniew is in Obama's cabinet.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

My response is this: Those are exit polls, those that voted for him. Hell, I voted for him, but i don't support him.

I still stand by what i said unless there is evidence against the contrary.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
reply to post by centurion1211

My response is this: Those are exit polls, those that voted for him. Hell, I voted for him, but i don't support him.

I still stand by what i said unless there is evidence against the contrary.

The polling data I provided IS considered scientific evidence ...

Democrats swore that exit polling data was scientific enough in 2004 to "prove" that Bush somehow "stole" the election from kerry. But now it appears that you have little use for the same (they say improved) data simply because it disagrees with your pre-conceived ideas?

What else would you need to consider that the alternative to your statements may be the truth?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

BO isn't finishing off the country because of his color, but no doubt there are those who would use him as a scapegoat. I'm somewhat surpirsed there hasn't been more southern white hatred spilling out in protests.

Your not seeing "southern white hatred spilling out " because that is a big Northern bit of "misinformation"

I lived for 20 years in NY/MA area and 10 yrs in the south in the late sixties early seventies and 10 years now. I saw more "Racism" up north than I ever had here in the south. In South Carolina, in 1972, I and a southern friend slapped blank panther stickers all over the car of the one racist in the plant when he had a temper-tantrum about a black becoming Plant Manager. Every one else was very happy about the guy's promotion. If he ran for president I vote for him in a minute. -- - Come to think of it the Lab Manger was a black too.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
I hate Clinton and the Democrats who ratified WTO and NAFTA. ...

Originally posted by TheTruthShallFreeYou
I don't watch fox news, much less their political commentators.

And were you two in the video I was commenting on? Why did you take personally what I said about the people in the video? I don't know what makes you think I was talking about you... or anyone here. Unless you act like those idiots in that vid...

Originally posted by centurion1211
BH, I'll come right out and ask you. What is the source of your news and opinions - MSNBC, CNN, NY Times, Washington Post, etc.?

I read everything. I don't get a paper, but I read all sorts of news on the Internet, from WND to MSNBC or FOX to USA Today to local papers and articles. I watch a variety of "news" programs on TV, but the only one that is unbiased is LINK TV. MSNBC is as biased as FOX.

Where do I get my opinions? I form my own.

Once known, can we not discount everything you say afterwards as you being nothing more than a mouthpiece for your liberal-biased sources?

You can discount whatever you want. I am a "mouthpiece" only for me.

If you don't want to have to deal with that, how about you and all the others that can't see past Fox News dropping the "Fox News as the reason (for you) for all the evil in the world" BS? But then would many of you actually have much to say if you quit blaming Fox News ...?

1. I'll deal with whatever you've got.
You've put me in a "liberal" box, because that's convenient for you to do to discount my opinion and Carter's opinion. But the fact that you want so badly to place me in a liberal box doesn't matter to me. I'm not here to gain anyone's approval or to prove who I am. I'm here to express my opinion on what Carter said. And that's what I've done. It's pretty amazing that my expression of my opinion bothers you all so much.

2. I'm not blaming FOX News. It's the people who are mistakenly taking everything Glenn Beck says as gospel that are at fault here. I didn't mention FOX News.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Words fail me.

I'm too disgusted to contribute.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Race certainly plays a part in some people's dislike of Obama. To deny that is foolish.

Race played a role in some people's hatred of Bush. (nb Kanye West: George Bush doesn't like black people and Post-Katrina)

However, on both counts, there are far more people who don't like Obama/Bush because of their rampantly unconstitutional power grabs and spending.

So, yes, there is racism in America. However, most criticism of Obama comes from quasi-factual distaste of his policies rather than of the color of his skin.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Instead of ad hominem attacks on Carter how about we concentrate on what he said?

My question again:

What proportion of opposition to Obama's presidency can be attributed to racists hiding behind the "anti-liberal" banner?

It is impossible to quantify that. Racism is a factor but a I believe a much smaller one than the haters on the Left would have us believe.

A better question would be why are the Obama supporters trying to divide us instead of unite us as their hero, Obama claimed he would do? They support him but don't believe in his message? Or is it they never meant it in the first place and lied to get their Party complete control of the whole government so they could do whatever they want? Backfired on them didn't it?

Those who say anyone opposed to Obama's plans or proposed legislation is a Racists are a huge part of the problem themselves. They are the true Bigots. They want to use lies and intimidation to force what they want on others. Not very Democratic behavior by those who call themselves Democrats is it?

The plan to keep us divided with this phony 2 Party system is working quite well. Our populace is full of sheep willing to go to slaughter so Obama can retire to Martha's Vinyard with the rest of his elitist pals.

This whole if you are opposed to Single Payer Health Care you are Racists routine is growing old. Only idiots and bigots believe this. They know it is not true. It is pure intimidation and it will work on weak minded, weak willed people who are followers and not leaders.

My proof? Obama was elected by a mostly White vote. No way around that is there? Not without lying.

The real answer is to start ignoring people who make such outlandish claims and let them slink back into the background where they belong so truly qualified people can come forward and run for office. We've had enough liars in the White House. It's time for some honest, decent folks to take over.

Keep falling for this Right vs Left, Black vs White divisive crap and watch us keep going downhill. Of course they know we are that dumb, so they will likely continue to control us through hate. Makes me want to vomit I'm surrounded with such ignorance and intellectual dishonesty.

Carter is just another example of the level those in power will stoop to. They don't care about you or me, Black or White. Keep falling for this slight of hand and we will get what we all deserve.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Big Government plays role in Obama dislike.
Hand over 16% of the economy to the government with
ObamaCare?
No Way!

Carter got it wrong.
Playing the "race card" will not work.
Nice try James Carville.
Try something else.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Instead of ad hominem attacks on Carter how about we concentrate on what he said?

My question again:

What proportion of opposition to Obama's presidency can be attributed to racists hiding behind the "anti-liberal" banner?

Very little, there are some groups that will always hate the idea of a black man being in charge but they are a small minority.

Most people oppose him because of his complete lack of substance and rubbish policies.

Not that I'm saying Bush was better or Clinton or almost anyone from the 2 Party scam.

This is one Democrat defending another Democrat while playing the race card to distract from the real issues/polices. Pure politics.

I'm sure TPTB/Special Interests want us to get into a big argument over race just so we get bogged down in rhetoric.

Left and Right are just a way to divide and conquer.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Whether anyone has the balls to admit it is race or not, what I do know is, if every other President was criticized and "hawked" as much as Obama has been, our country would not have been in the situations we are finding ourselves in now. Hilarious how it takes the "mulatto" guy to be put in office before anyone starts to pay attention to politics hardcore like they should have been doing. I take my hat off to the placement of Obama for merely that.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Some choose to play the race card to try and discredit others.

Some choose to attack the race card and discredit themselves

To say racism has nothing to do with the Obama hatred would be incredibly ignorant. It's just as ignorant to say it's the key factor.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bballjamal
Whether anyone has the balls to admit it is race or not, what I do know is, if every other President was criticized and "hawked" as much as Obama has been, our country would not have been in the situations we are finding ourselves in now.

Where were you during the Bush administration???

He was attacked far longer and more fiercely than obama could ever imagine. I think even Bill Clinton took far more criticism than obama has.

[edit on 9/16/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Carter bla bla bla - The media is playing the race card heavy because they know the people are waking up. They most likely were waiting this out, and how long before they struck back with the race thing. Once again they push the issues aside and create a mind control race card.

This county that people are so proud of was founded on racism, America was not discovered as a free land - it was discovered to have indians living in peace with nature. They were not white so they killed them, took their land and now hundreds of years later, we have the nerve to complain about race issues. Racism is the foundation and roots of this country, but people will never accept that truth.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
UPDATE

White House rejects racism claim

BBC News
US President Barack Obama does not believe current criticism of his policies is based on the colour of his skin, the White House has said.

It was responding to comments by former President Jimmy Carter that much of the vitriol against Mr Obama's health and spending plans was "based on racism".

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 16 Sep 09 by Gools]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by earthchanges

This county that people are so proud of was founded on racism, America was not discovered as a free land - it was discovered to have indians living in peace with nature.

America wasn't such a romantic peaceful place before the white man came...Indian tribes were unbelievably brutal toward each other and in fact even practiced slavery on their own before we got here.

Scalping, for example, was one of the things they did to enemies long before white men arrived.

Claiming the squaws of other tribes as their own slaves & concubines was also practiced.

It's pleasant to think of them at one with nature, petting Bambi, etc., but it simply isn't true.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by jsobecky]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join