It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos of structure on Mars moon Phobos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Here are several photos of the "Phobos Monolith", the strange structure found on the Moon of Mars. It seems to be very tall, and the shape indicates a possibly artificial origin, it does also have a metallic look to it from the light reflection.

Click here for high resolution image

The image was taken 10 years ago by Mars Global Surveyor. For general information check the Wikipedia article

Some more information can be found on the following pages:
palermoproject.com...

Astronaut Buzz Aldring speaking of the structure on the news

Natural or artificial - whom knows. It does look curious though and I for one would like to see more nearby photos of this object.

-Maggador

[edit on 15-9-2009 by IX-777]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
There are also some similar structures on Mars itself, below are a couple photos of such from the surface of Mars:

SOURCE

EDIT: Added source link.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Those are just rock formations caused by the water that used to be on the surface.

It happens on earth as well....

[edit on 15-9-2009 by johnmhinds]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by johnmhinds

But doesn't it seem strange that there's only one of them, and not
several, as your photo of Earth rock formations shows? Looks more
like a monument, or a marker for arriving visitors to me.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I suppose you can say one of the THEORIES is that it has been caused by natural phenomenas, it certainly have not been established as a fact. To do that one would have to do closer inspections and examinations on the objects.

For now the only thing to judge from are these images themselves which are taken from quite some distance and makes it hard to properly determine anything.

Personally I do not theorize about anything for these structures as its too hard to tell, it could be natural , and it could also very well be constructed by someone. There are other interesting things on Mars that suggests artificial structures, such as these:
thehiddenrecords.com...

top topics

join