It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Bush Right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
www.newsmax.com...

President George W. Bush's former speechwriter Matt Latimer reveals that Bush considered Barack Obama unfit for the White House and predicted that vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin would be a disaster for the GOP.

"After one of Obama's blistering speeches against the administration, the president had a very human reaction: He was ticked off," Latimer writes in his forthcoming book, "Speech-Less: Tales of a White House Survivor," which has been excerpted in the October issue of GQ.

"He came in one day to rehearse a speech, fuming. 'This is a dangerous world,' he said for no apparent reason, 'and this cat isn't remotely qualified to handle it. This guy has no clue, I promise you.'"

During the presidential campaign Bush believed that Hillary Clinton would win the Democratic nomination, but he didn't think much of her as chief executive either, according to Latimer, who served as a speechwriter for the last 22 months of Bush's term.

He writes: "'Wait till her fat keister is sitting at this desk,' [Bush] once said (except he didn't say 'keister')."

Latimer recalls a comment Bush made after Sarah Palin was selected as John McCain's GOP running mate. "Bush said: 'I’m trying to remember if I’ve met her before. I’m sure I must have.' His eyes twinkled. Then he asked: 'What is she, the governor of Guam?'"

When conservatives responded enthusiastically to Palin's selection, Bush advised people to wait "until the bloom is off the rose," Latimer reveals.

"This woman is being put into a position she is not even remotely prepared for. She hasn't spent one day on the national level. Neither has her family. Let's wait and see how she looks five days out."

'and this cat isn't remotely qualified to handle it. This guy has no clue, I promise you.'"

'Wait till her fat keister is sitting at this desk,' [Bush] once said (except he didn't say 'keister')."

LOL

'What is she, the governor of Guam?'" regarding Palin.

What a card,

Did make me laugh.

[edit on 083030p://bTuesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Sounds about right. I'd question the accuracy, however, as this guy is trying to sell a book.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
And do you recall, how after he won the election, and was briefed, all the talk was about how he had toned down so much, and seemed kind of dazed. He found out things that we don't know. Things he wishes he didn't have to know. And he found out what Bush was talking about. Now, I don't like Bush one bit, but, he will go down in history as a great President for protecting this nation in this dark hour. And no left-wing radical crazy is able to take that from him, even when they try to lie. And they have tried/lied.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
Sounds about right. I'd question the accuracy, however, as this guy is trying to sell a book.

Yea, one always needs to question that,

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

And do you recall, how after he won the election, and was briefed, all the talk was about how he had toned down so much, and seemed kind of dazed. He found out things that we don't know.

Yes, I remember.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

"This woman is being put into a position she is not even remotely prepared for. She hasn't spent one day on the national level. Neither has her family. Let's wait and see how she looks five days out."

Spoken like a true monarchist; "Neither has her family."
It's fun to see things from the perspective of blueblooded, American royalty.

[edit on 9/15/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
After eight years of incompetence., and possibly the worst Presidency in modern US history, I'm not sure Bush is in any position to be critiquing Presidential qualifications or performance.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Assuming this is true...

Dumbasses have a keen ability to sniff out their own kind.

Having said that I can't say I know any

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Did GW get that right or what? I'm impressed with his insight.

BTW, did anyone notice that GW posted his college transcript and it was not bad at all, about a B average with tough courses in a high level university?

And has anyone noticed that Barack has not posted his, in fact is very defensive about it? Hmmm.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
After eight years of incompetence., and possibly the worst Presidency in modern US history, I'm not sure Bush is in any position to be critiquing Presidential qualifications or performance.

No one can beat Jimmy Carter.
Then maybe we can blame Alzheimer for his latest rant.
www.examiner.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
As I've said many times before, George Bush (despite a very vocal minority of malcontented morons who say otherwise) is NOT an unintelligent man. Quite the opposite, really. I think his major flaw, and probably the issue that earned him the "idiot" label, is that he lacked political curiousity. The funny thing is, considering all the crap he faced during his presidency, especially the dramatic shift of Islamic terrorism into an all out attack on the US, I'm not so sure that lack of political curiousity isn't what kept the attacks off US soil post-911.

Once he got an idea in his head and saw a pathway to reach the goal, he adopted tunnel vision and never re-analyzed his path or made corrections. This lead to "Mission Accomplished" and, ultimately, him veering from that path in the final 2 years of his presidency played a huge role in the current economic disaster. Had he gone at the housing crisis with that same tunnel vision, DEMANDING that either Congress act or he would act rather than simply begging COngress to act, we very well might not be looking at double digit unemployment and financial ruin right now. Instead he became content to issue warnings and pleas about the "Macs" and "Maes" and then did nothing as the Democrats refused to make the needed changes in regulations.

To be real honest, I've never understood why anyone would want the job of president and I've scarcely ever seen anyone who did want the job that I would say was "qualified" for the job. Obama, certainly, was not and is not qualified. Clinton wasn't, but he eventually picked one thing, the economy, which he understood and managed to salvage a decent presidency out of it. Bush, of all people, was probably the most qualified president we've had in many years. He knew what to expect having seen his dad experience it all and he had a pretty damn great set of policies until the final 2 years when he stopped listening to his advisors and started worrying more about mainstream media manipulated public opinion polls.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Once he got an idea in his head and saw a pathway to reach the goal, he adopted tunnel vision and never re-analyzed his path or made corrections.

Then if he was not un-intelligent then its easily concluded he is un wise...if not the antithesis of wise...

and therefore unfit for POTUS...

sadly, America doesnt learn from its mistakes in this regard...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yes as far as American interests are concerned. Make no mistake as the present world power we will move as required. As far as the rest of the world well maybe. I know this will be an unpopular response but in time will it? I have no issue with the man speaking.

Can't he leave religious beliefs out during his speech?

I'm a US Marine...

I'll do as well as my brothers defend the Constitution which comes into conflict with this rant.
Have we expanded our military bases. We The US have become the military arm of the the NWO.

Those of you who have read my threads understand my point.

Semper fi

[edit on 23-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

he had a pretty damn great set of policies until the final 2 years when he stopped listening to his advisors and started worrying more about mainstream media manipulated public opinion polls.

Exactly!

His biggest flaw to me was his not standing up against his enemies and the press. He needed to state again and again his conservative principles, why the left was wrong about Iraq, why we didn't find WMDs like everyone expected, how the Democrats caused the financial meltdown and on and on. We heard nothing so his opponents by default won all the arguments. What was he thinking?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

BTW, did anyone notice that GW posted his college transcript and it was not bad at all, about a B average with tough courses in a high level university?

And has anyone noticed that Barack has not posted his, in fact is very defensive about it? Hmmm.

[...an other quote...]

Did GW get that right or what? I'm impressed with his insight.

I've actually spent a fair amount of time defending his intelligence (for God's sake, the man has two Ivy League degrees!), but his transcript was pretty bad, especially for a future President. I mean, anybody who thinks that THIS is a "not bad" transcript for the future leader of Western Civilization...well, I simply disagree with anybody who holds that view.

Also, President Obama taught at University of Chicago. They are a one of the top schools in the nation, have the most difficult undergrad program, and have absolutely dominated the fields of Sociology and Economics (free-market, no less) for the past century.

Obama ain't stupid either. You don't just have a UofC job handed to you on a silver platter, for no reason.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

Obama ain't stupid either. You don't just have a UofC job handed to you on a silver platter, for no reason.

Prove it! There is a reason the man is hiding his transcript!

No reason to believe this guy is a genius let alone smart. Look at all his ongoing mistakes. My goodness!

Most people, myself included, would be more than happy to release a transcript if I wanted a job in the public sector, let alone, the presidency! What is Obama's flaw???

top topics

join