It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You, Barack Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Thank You, Barack Obama

Dear Mr. President:

As a 64-year-old, lifelong fiscal conservative and Republican since Nixon, may I humbly thank you? In the eight months or so since you took office, you have succeeded in reviving a party, the GOP, that many had left for dead.

1) You have named men to office so wildly irresponsible, so extreme in their positions, so vulgar in their means of expression, that they have made the Republican Party regain its of gleam of gentility and good graces. I am not talking only about the tough guy/ballet dancer Rahm Emanuel, who screamed like a jilted drunken sorority girl at GOP leaders after Joe Wilson's outburst (itself a disgrace) last Wednesday night. I am talking about a high White House official who called Republicans by a barnyard epithet at a public speech recently. This is the same guy who signed a petition to investigate whether the government caused 9/11 -- itself a favored position of Neo-Nazis and other nut jobs. Thank you. I thought no one could outdo an appointment like Henry Paulson, Bush 43's Treasury Secretary -- but you have.

Continue reading the rest of Ben Stein's letter at source.

[edit on 9/15/2009 by abecedarian]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
He brings up a few good points, and doesn't leave G.W. Bush free of blame either. I'd have to say, for the most part, I agree with it.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Wake me up when this gets coverage with the Liberal Media Elite.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'd like to announce I'm running for president. I will t
succeed were obama failed which is everywhere.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

And it only took eight months.

Most remarkable of all.

Isn't it?

But a new risk arises... If it is all too easy for this reversal of political fortune, will the previous morons of the right have sufficiently learned their lesson?

I wonder.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by loam]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
EXPELLED: No Intelligence Allowed

The truth is that a staggering amount of new scientific evidence has emerged since Darwin’s 150-year-old theory of life’s origins. Darwin had no concept of DNA, microbiology, The Big Bang, Einstein’s Theory of Relativity or of the human genome.

...You gotta watch this from Ben Stein! Smart man.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I highly doubt any politician's learned their lesson. They seemingly never do. I think it's about time for a shake-up in the government including term limits for senators and representative, going back to when the president and vice president were not a 'party ticket' but the winner and runner up in the election and restructuring the feduciary / pecuniary system.

Anyhow, thanks to everyone for reading my first thread on ATS.

I had a nice chuckle from the following paragraph, but I don't think the rescue party is going to be led by Repuclicans:

• Thank you for creating a massive federal entitlement program that will push us closer day by day to national bankruptcy while you fiddle. Every large government entitlement program -- Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid -- is racing towards bankruptcy. Now, you have created a new one to sink the ship of state. A rescue party led by the Republicans will, sooner or later, look mighty handy to the voters.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

""Can anyone even remember now what Nixon did that was so terrible? He ended the war in Vietnam, brought home the POWs, ended the war in the Mideast, opened relations with China, started the first nuclear weapons reduction treaty, saved Eretz Israel's life, started the Environmental Protection Administration. Does anyone remember what he did that was bad?
Oh, now I remember. He lied. He was a politician who lied. How remarkable. He lied to protect his subordinates who were covering up a ridiculous burglary that no one to this date has any clue about its purpose. He lied so he could stay in office and keep his agenda of peace going. That was his crime. He was a peacemaker and he wanted to make a world where there was a generation of peace. And he succeeded.

That is his legacy. He was a peacemaker. He was a lying, conniving, covering up peacemaker. He was not a lying, conniving drug addict like JFK, a lying, conniving war starter like LBJ, a lying, conniving seducer like Clinton—a lying, conniving peacemaker."

Ben Stein

I also remeber him saying to Glenn Beck Nixon was one of the greatest presidents not to long ago and even Glenn Beck gave him a strange look.

On March 18, 2007, in a column for CBS News' online version of CBS News Sunday Morning, Stein famously proclaimed in the beginning of the subprime mortgage crisis that the foreclosure problem would "blow over and the people who buy now, in due time, will be glad they did," the economy was "still very strong," and the "smart money" was "now trying to buy — not sell — as much distressed merchandise" in mortgages as possible.

On August 18, 2007, on Fox News Channel's Cavuto on Business, Stein appeared with other financial experts dismissing worries of a coming credit crunch The lone dissenter was Peter Schiff, who predicted that the mortgage sector would create a crisis leading to massive recession, a view that produced laughter from the other experts. Stein strongly recommended investing in then-troubled financial institutions.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Oh, and there is so much more -- coddling Iran while it gets ready to nuke Israel, hugging the worst person in South America, our mortal enemy, Hugo Chavez, not demanding any accountability for the hundreds of billions you -- and Bush 43 -- handed out to the multi-millionaire bonus babies of Wall Street.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. We thought we were down and out, and now you have given us a fresh start. You have, so to speak, let us hit the "reset" button on all of our messy recent history. You guys are so bush league, so to speak, you make us look like seasoned, sensible, prudent professionals. And it only took eight months. Thank you, President Obama, and we'll look for more. You truly are the gift that keeps on giving.

So true, I was speaking to my friends today about Obama, and we all said the same thing. The BBC here in the UK are ignorant to Obama's failed foreign policies. He's the biggest clown in US presidential history, and it takes some beating to beat Bush!

Talking nicely to extremists won't make them become non-extremists.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by john124]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Well one can't be correct all the time. Hindsight is 20/20 though.
And I do agree that people who can afford to buy property and stomach the markets long enough to see recovery will be in a rather good spot. Unfortunately those of us who can't are arsed out.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Agree with most critisisms but this opinion still falls within the bunk left/right paradigm and therefor fails. Republicans can play the controlled opposition for now but if voted back into power the continuity of the agenda would remain. Neither party in America is the answer as they are two heads of the same hydra.

Plus he slagged 9-11 truth which is a shame, Van Jones may be a communist douche but at least he got that right.

Overall thumbs down to Ben as he helps perpetuates left/right politics and thusly perpetuates the puppet show of the elite.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
only 8 months and Obamas a failure?? hmmm couldnt be the repubs causing this would it?? naw..
.. not that they would admit it anyway..
and the GOP. is still out for one thing and thats total control and they dont care if they destroy the constitution to do it either.. why not the right wing evangelicals and other so-called christian groups have done the same thing with their twisted view of the bible.. they even rewrote some to fit their dogma..

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by scorand

*blink*

you do realize Obamas policies have been almost identical to Bush's, dont you?

Same agenda, slicker PR.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by scorand

Just a little curious as to how the GOP would be causing this at this time since they have been a mostly useless side of Congress for more than a couple years. I'm not going to say the GOP didn't have a hand in getting it started but the seeds were planted way back when.

Care to elaborate your reasoning?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I want to thank Mr. Obama also.

For reminding the country how dangerous it is for Democrats to have power.

Jimmy Carter brought us Ronald Reagan. All we can do is tough it out for a little over a year and the worst will be over. 2010 Republicans take over the House and possible the Senate....Mr. Obama will be a Lame Duck, and all the Republicans have to do is elect a Conservative in 2012. Not some idiot moderate like John McCain.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Reply to post by scorand

All people in power want more power, democrat and republican alike. Obama will be viewed as just as colossal failure as Bush just in different areas. Anyone who still believes a word the bloodsuckers say really needs to get a grip on reality and maybe a few history lessons, Stein included!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Obama should definitely have already turned the country around. All he had to do was cleanup 8yrs of Bush & Co. destruction. It's been 8 months and he hasn't fixed it all. What a loser and failure! Palin/Beck 2012!! lol

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo_Serf

really.. which ones?? if i remember correctly hes trying to keep cohesion within the white house

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

the right wing propaganda.. hence these tea parties, and of course fox.. keeping the public pressure up.. and lets not forget the fundie crap goin around as well not to mention a lot of members of congress and the senate that despite the different parties they still have the same agenda.. which i thought was rather obvious..
.. but with all the rhetoric. i found the whole thing to be extremly confusing at first..

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

exactly right.. though there are the few that are out there for the people

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join