It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sources of vitamin D other than the sun?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Sounds reasonable.

Btw, I looove that website ... even if you don't order anything from them they are a great source of information. As opposed to a lot of supplement du jour websites these guys have serious medical research behind them. In fact many of the products they sell are only available for order to medical professionals for serious treatment of cancer and immune diseases.

At the bottom of the page I linked there are these links (in bold):

Read the “Spoiled Rotten” and the “Reclaim Your Inner Terrain” booklets and look at the Food Combining and Acid Alkaline Charts

The first two should be required reading.

And make sure to look up the tremendous benefits of aloe. I swear by it.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
First I'm not a doctor but I do take care what I put in my body. So I've done a lot of googling on this subject.
It seems that a good method of getting Vitamin D (apart from sunlight) is fish oils. Take care though with cod liver oil as you could end up with an excess of vit A.
Then there is vitamin D supplementation, Frankly I'm alarmed at some of the mega doses being touted around - notably on some sites selling supplements. When will people realise that these are just another branch of BIG PHARMA? Watch your vitamin D intake if you have poor calcium levels.
All I would say is don't believe anything you read here or elsewhere. Don't believe me. Don't believe anyone. Treat ALL sources with a degree of scepticism and research it as much as possible. It's too easy to throw your body out of kilter.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
As to eggs having Vitamin D, If you boil it.. but leave the yolk runny, sort of like a custard like state.. is that too much cooking you think? I cant get myself to eat sunny side eggs for some reason... but miso ramen with some tasty boiled eggs on the other hand, thats more my style.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Utopian Penguin
There's 5 kinds of vitamin D Try and get all 5.

I'm taking chlorella but I didn't know there's vitamin D in it. Is that true? Got mine from products.mercola.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join