It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaking Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I am starting this thread to tell you about an experience I had this morning. I am sure many people have had the same thoughts, but I wanyed to share them to get them off my chest.

I had a dream where I was in a town on the streets and it was extremely cold out - so cold, in fact, that the roads had iced over completely. I looked down at my hand and saw a nail stuck through the middle of my finger. I pulled out the nail and there was a huge hole left in my finger.

I stumbled around the street for a moment when I saw a house that had people in it. - There were many houses on the street, but this was the only one with any sign of life. I walked in the house and asked a man for some anti-biotic ointment and a couple band-aids. The guy looked at me and then my hand and said, "Get out."

I walked from the house, with my finger now in agonizing pain. I walked across the street where I saw tqo men, one middle-aged and one elderly. I asked them where everyone was at and they said, "It happened, it really happened."

The men looked at me and told me that I was going to freeze to death. I looked down and realized I was naked, walking around in this extremely cold environment. the men said they couldn't give me any of there clothes because their lives would be in danger. Then the middle-aged man gave me one of his shoes.

I sat down on the curb to put the shoe on. I leaned back a little for leverage and one of the men gasped and said, "Oh my Gd, look at the white stumps on his foot." I looked down and there were blister spots raised on my heel. I tried to get the shoe on, but realized that I was near death and there was nothing I could do. I never got my shoe on and I began to die.

I woke up from being so scared. I immediately had a panic attack and I hardly ever have them, this is probably the 2nd one in my life. I thought about how every living thing on the planet is going to die. I began to think about myself and my future and realized that no matter what I am going to die.

This began to intensify my panic attack especially when I thought about what the last couple seconds of my life would be like. Mainly what got me was the fact that, because we are alive now, we are going to die - no matter what. I will have to experience death. One day I will die, no matter what, there is no way around it.

This freaked me out because I know we will all die eventually for certain. It just freaks me out to think about that. I hear about people dying everyday and don't think much of it, but they had to go down that road and die, as we all will.

One day you and I will be no more. I hate that thought and the fact that it carries.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

edit for: Grammar

[edit on 15-9-2009 by esteay812]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It freaks me out.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I hear if you just relax and don't fight it, it makes it easier.

If there IS any future life on this planet after you, you can take some comfort in knowing that your atoms will be part of them, just as your atoms are those of your ancestors.

Nothing wasted. Ever.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I have had dreams that I've never forgotten. You've had an epiphany.

Sometimes epiphanies are complicated but needed. Of course one day you will have to face it. If you were a woman, nine-months pregnant enduring the tortuous labor of delivery, you would understand that there is no denying nature.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hey guys, I'm new.

That's a freaky dream, right enough.

I don't get freaked thinking about death, because at the end of the day (or life?), there's nothing you can do to stop it. There's no point worrying about something you can't change, in my opinion.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by suicide__x]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
That is one heck of a dream, not pleasant.

Let's say hypothetically that your dreams can be manipulated and cause you to feel this great fear and panic.

Do you believe that the life you live now is the sum total of your existance?
I don't. I believe that I am so much more than Cindy in this body at this time.

I fear suffering and I think we all for the most part are going to fear death when it is near, a bit, as we are not certain.

Live, love and breath because that dream is not your reality right now.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have a severe anxiety disorder that shows itself in random situations for no apparent reason. As far as the panic attacks go, its better to remove yourself from your immediate surroundings right away. I mean RUN from where you are. Your biorythmes will stop the chemical reaction that causes "panic."

Secondly, don't worry about death. i know its easier said than done, but death can be a beautiful thing as much as it can be terrifying. Imagine infinite light, unimaginable beauty. Even if you don't believe in an afterlife, parts of us all move on somewhere, and I believe they all have their own conscious. This life is the hard part, with death comes solace and warmth. Live your life to the fullest and I promise you death will never seem scary again.

join