It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about the galatic alignment theroy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
First of all im mega dyslexic so please excuse the grammer and spelling >_<
When i first heard about the whole theroy that because of the galetic center linging up with our solar system that due to the gravital pull this would cause some shift in consiusness or huge disaster and what what. But then i thought. The galetic center is over 28,000 light years away. So when we if lines up. Were not seeing it how it is. but how it was 28,000 years ago. by then the gravitation effects would be long gone. Its like. If the sun disappeared right now we wouldnt see for 8 minutes but we'd have the gravitatinal effects to show its gone.
This also made me relise that the theory that were gonna get sucked into the super massive blackhole at the center of the galexy is lame cause it 28,000 light years away. If we moved though the galexy that quick that it would still take us 28,000 years to get there

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I've been wondering about that, too...

Consider the rings of Saturn. Notice how they are controlled by the magnetic forces in the planet? They literally corkscrew through magnetic lines of flux. I suppose this is the theory.

Consider the galaxy. It maintains its alignment in a plane. There must be a force at work to do that. The suggestion seems to be that when you cross over from the N pole to the S pole in the galactic magnetic lines of flux, there will be an effect on the objects passing through.

Who knows.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
gravity has been proven to act instantaneously over vast distances. it has no 'travel time' like sound or light or waves therefore time has no part to play in this. interestingly nobody knows very much about gravity and why it has the effect that it does.

as an aside it has been suggested that gravity may actually become stronger over larger distances which might perhaps be another factor to consider.

carlbrannen.wordpress.com...

join