It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Scourge of Judgmentalism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Lately I have ran into more and more judgmental people. Why are people so possessed by a sense of supremacy?

It's to the point where I have a hard time even having a conversation with anyone... everyone is pointing at others and acting like they are somehow in the wrong.

And it isn't even political...

I had a situation just happen today. The company I am part owner in had a 3 day get together this weekend in a different city. I took off an hour and half early at the last day to get a chance to see a relative with cancer. The VP of the company I OWN was like "I'm disappointed that you are going to take off... you are supposed to be an example for the employees"

I was like W T F?

Some people just need crap to be upset about... I've never understood that.

I have a high tolerance for LOTS of stuff, but the one thing I have discovered I have no tolerance for is those without a tolerance for anything....

Is there something in the water? Are people becoming more and more judgmental or am I just becoming more aware of it?

[edit on 15-9-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You're gradually seperating yourself from our "reality" and realising the faults of everyday human beings.

I've also notice that people will get frustrated at the tinniest things. I have a few "maps" or emotion chains as i like to call them, that i've drawn, which just simply show the way humanity reacts to things.

The most common is this: (note how it is a negative chain)

Annoyance (usually over a tiny thing) > Frustration (after a gradual build up of annoyance) > Anger (Continual build up) > Aggresion

All of those emotions can and will effect another person, thus bringing that person/people down too. Thats on my drawing, but its too complicated to write down now.
Aggresion is the worst of those, as that can lead to the whole build up of the chain being let out on another person, which again is bad for them.

Namaste.

[edit on 15/9/2009 by JacobNH]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Hey Hunka...big hug from me. I understand.

My advice. Been giving it to myself as well.

Deep breath! Sheild up.

I am thine!
(_______) is thine!
Make it right between us.

Say repeatedly as a mantra.

It always works.

Good luck.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Thanks for the advice Cindy!

Shields up!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I hate being judgementel, but I find myself doing it all the time. I'm not sure if it's totally possible to not have some kind of prejudice or another.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
With the loss of family, community and a sense of well-being with
a future attached, people look more and more to themselves for
justification. We crave praise and attention so much
that when we don't get it we compensate by criticising others to
validate our own lives. Just my theory about it anyway

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I believe its a natural thing.
It's just that everything thats natural isn't always right.

Namaste.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I am admittedly judgmental against bullies.

My life is dedicated to the underdog.

Compassion and giving are the hardest things for some people to do. It often requires humility.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I hear you. Well, sounds like the VP was concerned about your company, and that's good. However, doesn't sound like you did any harm. It works best if the word gets out that you went to see a relative with cancer.

When you are in a position of power or fame, you can expect to be judged. Comes with the territory. You are at the top, like a flag, and people give you their allegiance via their jobs. The standards in your company will be written and they will be given by example.

Sorry 'bout that.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I had a situation just happen today. The company I am part owner in had a 3 day get together this weekend in a different city. I took off an hour and half early at the last day to get a chance to see a relative with cancer. The VP of the company I OWN was like "I'm disappointed that you are going to take off... you are supposed to be an example for the employees"

Can't really comment on the judgmentalism, but I will say, "Get a pair dude!"...

If any employee of a company I owned any part of popped off like that, they would be gone...

Oops, was I just being judgmental..?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
With the loss of family, community and a sense of well-being with
a future attached, people look more and more to themselves for
justification. We crave praise and attention so much
that when we don't get it we compensate by criticising others to
validate our own lives. Just my theory about it anyway

Sounds like a good theory!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicalfallacy

Can't really comment on the judgmentalism, but I will say, "Get a pair dude!"...

If any employee of a company I owned any part of popped off like that, they would be gone...

Well to be honest... as I mentioned.. I am one partner of 5. She does good work though... just so damned judgmental about everything lately, along with lots of others.

Oops, was I just being judgmental..?

Yeah... kinda.... I think that is part of the problem, I tend to "tolerate" this when I run into it... Hate to be the bad guy... but might just have to.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I feel you man, too many angry and lonely people around.

This is more than likely a result of city life, in the old days people lived in a nice little house on a farm, in a small village etc. They went about their lives, much like ourself and were able to find happyness, through friends and family and their work, only with the advent of materialism, everyone today is not content to live a peaceful and happy life.

Too much emphasis on getting money and status, therefore too many people not happy with the amount of money they have, the status they have etc. The only way they can release such anger and frustration is to belittle others, makes their monetary and social standing seem higher than it is etc.

Seriously though, on the employee who has a problem with you leaving early. WTF indeed? You have worked hard to get yourself in the position of a director of the company, so you can do as you please to be honest, simply put, they seem a little envious maybe, so were looking to persuade you to stay as long as they had to? Even if they did look upto you (which is bollox really, since every one hates the management and owners of the company they work for, only work there to put food on the table etc, maybe suckasses like them cos they want to be them?) how does leaving a social event affect their work ethic?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Is it not better to just let information in and not bother to judge whether it is true? Truth of the easily proven is most often self-apparent and each of us will decide what leaps of faith we are prepared to take. (Assignee’s Prerogative.) More and more as Science progresses the list of things we take on faith is getting shorter and the list of empirical fact grows.

Just a little blurb from me blog anti-socialengineering.com

we can't help but judge, even when we think we aren't.
we have to catagorise everything and we can't do that without forming an opinion.

top topics

join