It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans are Ignorant, Lazy, Gutless Cowards who live in Fear

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38

We are productive, resourceful, ingenious/inventive people. Think about how the world would be now if there it weren't for the American people. For one, France and England would be speaking German in a Nazi empire.

French here.

I agree but don't forget that at the begin your Elites (Ford, Rockefeller) took a huge part in the rise of Hitler. To be brief there is Tow America :

-The High Elite, the bad guys who create chaos in secrecy

-The amercican pepole, the good guys who came to save the world from tyranny that their own Elite had created...

You see the picture now?

But you are right in the first place. I just wanted to say that a Panzer without Standard Oil's Oil wounldn't have make his way to Paris ...(Yes We French were bad at defending ourselves but it s an another problem)

For England, They fought bravely but Seems to me Hitler wasn t really interrested in invading England from the begining. maybe I am wrong but It will remain a mystery .

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Oh my.

Just the video alone of representatives stealing the votes of others should be enough to have you all protesting in the streets.

THIS IS CRIMINAL!

There is simply NO EXCUSE for it. And how do these representatives "decline" to comment? They are YOUR REPRESENTATIVES! Stop "pleading" with them for a response, and FREAKIN' DEMAND IT!
Stop being so pitifully weak and complacent.

This is why America is doomed to fail, and why I completely agree with the OP. You people couldn't give a rats ass about what your government is doing. As long as you have some crap TV to watch and enough to distract you, you'll let them get away with this.

You wonder why other nations think all Americans are idiots? This is why!

And before anyone says it, we in Britain actually take action. Were you watching the protests? Did you see our headlines over the Expenses scandal? Did you see how many MP's were hounded out of office? Did you see how many of the wealthy elites had their property trashed and went into hiding?
Yeah, we get a lot wrong and we allow a lot to happen through inaction, but at least we know what's going on and we try to get answers. We don't always focus on the important issues, but at least when something major happens we take some action.

Yes again the revolution will come from England, keep going guys !!
In my country case (France) unfortunatly we won t take action before a long long time... In a certain way France and America share the same problems... Of course sometimes American MSM show you random French protest, but don t be fool in reality it s nothing.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I think this forum is full of negative energy and is in need of a good smudging.

We can start by admitting all politicians suck.

Blowing smoke your way,

agreed, most politicians are utterly corrupt

[edit on 20-9-2009 by ineverknew]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Well, yes you are. We all are. The entire population of the planet.

And when this thread has dropped off the front page, people will go back to the same behavior while eating some candy and playing with their computers. Because you cant change it.

You are a slave, just like everybody else. Which is why im hoping for a extinction event in 2011. You cant build a new world without crushing the old one first. Perhaps the new world will be just as bad, but at least while building it, people may be free.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
Does anyone here actually know any politicians?

Yes! I knew a Governor and a U.S. Senator. Not personally. However, I followed all that they did very closely. They spoke against policies of their party as much as the other party.

Both of them were smacked down. By their own parties.

We need to start with term limits for Congress. Plus that people need to be educated about how important it is to vote in the primaries.

That is the only place we have a choice. But...what happens is that we get manipulated to vote for the man/woman the party wants in. We could, if we stood together change that. One of the loudest shouts we hear during the primaries is: "Don't waste your vote!". Yep, and they tell us exactly who to vote for so that will not happen.

We already have the tools now we need to stick together.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

You couldn't say the same thing for all the people of all the countries of the world?

As far as all the other countries of the world, go back and read the thread... those from other nations look at us in just this light. We have become a joke as a people... a scary, well armed, reactionary, joke of a people... Not the image I'm really proud of.

You probably need to study history.
This was before Israel. All we did was reluctantly enter a war that was not started by us and go on to stop it and free people. We subsequently became the worlds first super power, and then hated by the world. Why?

You're insulting the people of America in your initial post, the people?
It is hypocritical because while everyone insults the American people there are real horrors happening in this world being perpetrated by people who are much, much more fitting of those insults, and because I never see any threads insulting the people of other nations. Insult the people of America and receive instant praise and adulation. That's hypocrisy.

The people of America are the ones who fought and died freeing Europe from the mass murdering Nazis. Middle class and poor Americans of which I am a descendant. Americans can do not right in the eyes of the world. Even when we do good things we are never credited? That is called hypocrisy.

Did you know that the money from our taxes go to providing food for people who are starving all over the world? Money from the pockets of poor and middle class Americans goes to feeding the starving people in this world. It's a horror that most of that food is intercepted by thugs who then go and sell it to those poor starving people. But somehow, despite these things Americans are the bad guys in the world.

One thing I know for certain is that regardless of all your whining about America and insulting the American people, we are going to continue to eat hamburgers, watch senseless TV sitcoms, be entertained by Britney Spears, and perhaps be less than informed about current politics, yet we'll still be one of the most productive countries in the world with one of the highest standards of living, and we'll still be the ones the rest of the world come crying to when they need help! Why is that?

We make things happen and we run your world, that's why. A greasy hamburger in one hand and one eye on TV and we run your world!

Why is it so many people of other countries want to desperately live here and adopt our culture?

And that brings up the fact that Americans are really made up of many different cultures and ethnicity. We are not all white Anglo Saxons. My grandparents were from Italy and Ireland. Most people in America are either directly from other places or descendants of immigrants. Americans are people from all over the world and from many different cultures. Go study your history.

You need a lot more life experiences to realize that not everything is so stereotypical in your idealized and biased world. All of the things you've said about Americans has been said for many years, your thread and all that was said in it is very cliche` and hypocritical.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Electro38]

What ? I am French and Trust me After WWII French people were very happy when you had enter in Paris in 1945, I ve seen a lot of photos showing French Throwing flowers to americans ! and It was the same in Belgium, Amsterdam...

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Just went back to reread this thread... Five months have passed... The faces around here have changed somewhat... But the game remains the same... NOTHING HAS CHANGED!

We are doomed I am afraid... It will be interesting to see what those who read this thread, and others like it think once this nation becomes the late great former United States of America...

Complacency is the disease, but is there a cure that the American People will accept and implement? I fear that the answer is no...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Oh Jaxxy, say it isn't so! What to do?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

The 7 deadly sins are called deadly for a reason. They can be a contributing factor in many of the worlds ills and do not have to be related just to a religious belief. Think about it:

Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, It has been called the sin from which all others arise.

Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury.

Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual.

Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.

Reviewing those definitions, with the reference to God removed from the definition of Pride, can you see how they relate to an attitude of a population that has lost sight of what is important and has embraced materialism to the detriment of itself?

I can.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I'm glad this thread came back around. I've got to tell you, I love the title. I want to name my next band Ignorant, Lazy, Gutless Cowards who live in Fear. And you have a point. But it's still my home and I do what I can to point out the ignorant part, especially when that ignorance threatens Liberty, which I love.
Love the title. Brilliance.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by joechip

Thank you, and I'm in shock that this thread has been resurected from the dead! It is one of my favorites, and it got a great deal of attention... Who knows, maybe it will get a new round of attention! In that case, I better go reread my OP... It's been awhile!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Although I agree with your idea the words were uncalled for you do not need insults to get your point across.. Tha was an obvious attention getter I refuse to star flag for that reason. I have a question for the repliers who agree...What are you doing about it. Sitting here complaining on the internet doesnt do alot!!!

edit on 25-9-2010 by madhadder545 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by madhadder545

1. This is a 'dead' thread, in that it's over a year old...

2. If you don't use inflamatory verbage here, you don't get noticed or read...

3. I need your stars and flags about as much as a fish needs a space shuttle...

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by madhadder545

I wouldn't call it complaining on the internet. I would call it making a connection with like-minded people. While in the real world, a person may find them self removed because of all the political correctness that permeates our society.

The problems we face today can't be fixed with the existing laws than govern our everyday lives. The problems we face today were created by the laws that govern us.

To fix these problems, we would have to go outside the law and become, what some would want to refer to, barbaric.

We'll have to adopt a policy of no mercy and no remorse. I feel and foresee ourselves reverting to our animal instincts to become civilized. There's no other way.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Proof that some of us are not gutless and are willing to defend,protect and right the wrong. Here take a look and YOU DECIDE for yourself. A HEROIC BOY. www.youtube.comv...= EDWo6m5hbG4? video does not work
edit on 27-10-2010 by nite owl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I don't accept the words of anybody, I take every body's words with a grain of salt...I live by my own beleifs and motto, I am no one's slave, nor am I lazy, I do my research and a hell of a lot of it!!!! I find all I can and weigh what is plausible and what is not... however what you said may be true for about 3/4 of the rest of the population, but alas, I cannot change them or the fact that I was born here. Oh and I study hard to help myself through to survive on this playing field that I also, cannot control.
Oh and I don't live in fear, I fear only God and Goddess, but that's it!
edit on 27-10-2010 by ldyserenity because: to add stuff.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think that perhaps, just maybe some of America has woken up. During mid-term elections, more freshman congressmen were voted into power than ever before. When Eric Cantor (for president!) started YouCut I began to have hope that maybe one party was starting to pull their collective heads out of their behinds and wake up. Unfortunately, it does not seem that the Democrats have gotten the message yet... at least, not those that managed to retain their seats.

The best thing that could happen right now would be to get the tax-cuts through and then grid-lock congress for the next two years. No new spending, no bailouts, let companies that SHOULD had failed two years ago go. HAD these companies failed before, it would have been much worse in the short-term, yes. But our Chinese overlords would not be questioning whether or not to keep lending to us and we would have bottomed out sooner. Once you reach the bottom, there's nowhere to go but up.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join