It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans are Ignorant, Lazy, Gutless Cowards who live in Fear

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by A Fortiori

We are also the most charitable people on Earth, and send aid to other countries- even ones who hate us- whenever there is a natural disaster.

The American Middle class proportionately gives more than that of other nations. Absolutely! I work in global relief and I know that the average American does, in fact, give more percentage-wise than their European counterpart.

Our government will set aside funds, however, and there are diplomatic ear marks that make the money not even worth the time.

I don't think Jaxon or anyone else feels that the average American is a stinker. I think our government, however, is filled with corrupt stinkers that if we weren't so trusting would be out the door.

Unfortunately, when we only see the "good" and ignore the bad we get what we deserve which is to be led by a bunch of crooks.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Confused and Dazed!

Dude, Vietnam was my war, got out in 1970, and I for one was damn glad the kids were back here raising hell. Your attitude is not one of someone with a lot of mouth and no real experience on a battle field. True combat veterans don't think like you, not unless their Nuts like G. Gordon Liddy. And I'm not sure he was ever in a real fire fight.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Damn, I need to proof read before hitting send. I meant to say, yours IS the attitude of a non combat veteran.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
"Americans are Ignorant, Lazy, Gutless Cowards who live in Fear"

I think you need to speak for yourself, You don't know me or any other american for that matter...so as far as i'm concerned your the one who is Ignorant, Lazy, and Gutless.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by maus80

The worst of the economic downturn is over. Haven't you heard about the new scheme? baby boomers are selling their life insurance policies. All will be well.

30% of $1/day isn't much.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Pappie54

I was there too. Some peple just don't have a clue. I don't want them speaking for me either.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

The worst is not over. It is far, far from over.

You know...I have a thought, since this is the appropriate place to post about innovation and not being lazy...

We need to develop a new economic model for this crazy pre-one world currency economy that will get us all prepared for a choice in whether or not to accept the one world currency that is being proposed.

Barter?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Amen...great post OP..
Too bad people won't go anywhere with it. Just like me, we'll agree, sit right back down and twiddle our thumbs.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I don't know, I've been buying metals for the past 10 years.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I could care less if it's a D or R spending my hard earned money, it's this wreckless addiction to spending our tax money that has kept the approval ratings of congress at all time lows. And it hasn't changed on bit since the Dems took over. Washington is drunk with our money.

Actually the Banksters get ALL of our tax money, deposited directly into the Central bank and not the US treasury. That was the whole idea of the Federal Reserve. Secrets of the Fed

The bargain was Politicians get an unlimited credit card from the Fed to buy votes with programs designed to spend lots of money but some how never solve the problem and the banks get to collect the interest payments (our taxes) due on that credit card. Works for the politicians works for the banks and screws the public especially the poor and middle class because inflation always raises prices faster than our wages. Therefore inflation is a hidden tax on the poor.

In 1976 a typical American CEO earned 36 times as much as the average worker.
By 2008 average CEO pay increased to 369 times that of the average worker. Link

A look at these numbers may give you a feel of what inflation has done to the US citizen.

Since 1959 our population has not quite doubled so a population increase does not justify the tremendous increase in the money supply. The minimum wage increased by a factor of 6. The supply of money has increased by a factor of 33 and the cost of gold has increased by a factor of 29 pretty much keeping up with the depreciation of the dollar. This is seen in the cost of housing.

Another way to put it is the minimum wage was 0.028 oz of gold per hour in 1959 and in 2008 it was 0.0067 oz/hr. In other words you just got your wages cut to less than a quarter of what my father could earn in 1959 AND you got put into a "higher" tax bracket to boot!

Date......$ /oz gold.....Money supply total.......increase...........min wage............Total US Population
1959.............35.25...........50.1 billion............................................$1.00........................177,830,000
1963..............35.25..........51.6 billion...........$1.5 billion................$1.25........................189,242,000
1964..............35.35...........54.1 billion..............$4 billion................$1.25
1974............195.20...........101 billion.............$51 billion...............$2.00.........................213,854,000
1985............354.20.........$205 billion......... $103 billion...............$3.35.........................238,466,000
1994............409.80.........$406 billion..........$201 billion................$4.25........................263,436,000
2006...........636.30.........$808 billion..........$402 billion................$5.15.
2008...........880.30.........$831 billion............$23 billion.................................................304,059,724
2009........1,020.28.......$1663 billion..........$921 billion................$5.85.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Hello,

Good word usage, makes me feel good about being born in the world in the first place. The world is good and bad, not all Americans are as you describe them useless and thoughtless; we are all strangely different and all in need of guidance. I suppose if this thread gets flagged as much as it has, it is because it truly challenges our way of guiding, living. Be fat and happy.

SVE

[edit on 15-9-2009 by thedude69]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I rarely post here in this forum but I HAVE to post this:

THANK YOU, this is a wonderful thread that truly shows the situation we face today, it is too bad most people in the US will do nothing about it.I am worried, truly, about the next 20 years of the US. It is possible that the "New Rome" may collapse sooner than some thought if this keeps up... IMHO.

[edit on 9/15/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
We didn't have a choice. We were raped of our homes, our money, our children and threatened to lose it all by the powers that be. It is those who wear the white collar suits you should be screaming at and instead of calling us, who have to live our lives for our children on a day to day basis and having no "REAL" choices in the matter, ignorant. You should be denigrating the higher ups in the government for stealing from us and hoodwinking us at every turn. Don't you think that if we even had a choice that Bush would not have had a second term? Don't you think the FED would already be routed out if it were even possible? How many generations have tried to get rid of the Federal Bankers and how many have truly succeeded? Andrew Jackson had epitaphed on his tombstone "I killed the bank", why? Because he succeeded in doing so for up to 70 years.......but they just came back again and again. Louis McFadden warned the congress of the federal Reserve in 1932 and TPTB dealt with him by poisoning him to death. So it's not that Americans are so ignorant so much as it is that we are hoodwinked and murdered and lied to and stolen from. You are essentially blaming the back seat passenger who is just riding in the car.......for driving it off into the ditch and not holding the driver (or drivers, in this case) for steering the country into this mire. The governors, the mayors the Presidents of the country are supposed to do the will of the people, they have instead lined their own pockets and greased the American machine with the sweat of our brows. They lied and stole from us while telling us everything was fine. They threatened our livelihoods and those of our children's to push dangerous agenda. Anyone from any country would have done the same if threatened for their children's lives. WE THE PEOPLE lost control long before Kennedy and the only reason they call us a Democracy is for other countries to see, it's just political rhetoric. Americans are not ignorant you xenophobe, they have just been bullied by criminals who have more power and control and who have stolen our country from us. They use fear to control us but that doesn't make US ignorant ....it makes THEM evil. It is a whole different ballgame when you fear for your children's welfare and lives.......than if it were just your own. There is great power and control when you have calloused monsters that are willing to sacrifice your children to push their agenda. So I will simply close by saying, although there are ignorant people in America (as in every country) you can't sum up the whole nation with a one word description. The credit cards? OK, there are people who spent them carelessly and they are ignorant, but I have never even had one and won't ever get one. I am American.The others??? Well it seems that it is damn near impossible to get anything for your family or do anything (such as buy a car or a house) without the cards. Then they continue to stick you into debt by raising interest rates and fine print and every other means of trickery. It doesn`t make them ignorant though....it makes them vulnerable sheep to those who would slaughter them at will. It is money and power that make the rules........both of which have been raped from the American people long ago.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Phenomium]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Tea Parties are the results of the last 20+ years of political mayhem and machinations that finally has the people fed up. It just happens to be now! It was coming one way or another, regardless of the party in office.

Both parties, Democrats and Republicans are equally at fault. So they can both look in the mirror and point the finger of blame at what they see.

Our way of governance is completely corrupted and completely out of tune with the will of the people. The only thing the machine cares about is money. Trillions of dollars worth of tax payers hard earned alms of capitulation is all that matters. Your rights and civil liberties are scoffed at. Just pay your taxes, shut up, don't make any waves, and of course, RE-ELECT the hogs pigging at the trough.

Americans have let their selfishness and claims of entitlements lead them by the nose as if they had a bulls ring attached to it. No one wants to sacrifice or go with out...god forbid! Everyone deserves the best of everything right now! The guy shoveling horse piles in the stock yard,deserves $150 grand a year, top flite benefits with executive perks, and six weeks paid vacation...
Hell we all do! Give that pimple faced kid flipping burgers a raise, and a corporate car. Poor baby.

The beady eyed snakes that call themselves BANKERS, are all too eager to make your every wish and desire come true in a world of instantaneous gratification, with an extended line of credit that is beyond your ability to pay. In trouble? No matter, just refinance...and here's a new credit card with a higher limit. NOW, go and enjoy yourselves! Whoopee!

So the tab of both personal and federal Bacchanalia's has come due, and it's a whopper! By some estimates, it is 18 to 22 TRILLION dollars.

It would take 360,000 years to pay back just one trillion...let alone the whole ungodly bill.
The only way to keep the call girl of debt happy, is to print fiat money hand over fist as fast as the presses can handle.

The nation is beyond bankrupt...it is insolvent. Kaput, Busted, for Naught! The wizards of Wall street have sold not only their souls, but yours as well in abstention. They and the Federal Reserve have sold America to anyone willing buy the national trinkets and baubles that have any value.

Right now the government is selling American assets like a syphilis infested whore on the wharf just before a force 10 Hurricane of Reality hits.

Unfortunately, those that have partaken of the charms of the financial babe selling herself, have come to realize that they have a burning sensation, and are recoiling in revulsion...she's finding that fairly soon, she won't be able to give it away! What is Lady Liberty to do?

So now, the government is trying to re engineer the creaking, clanking, groaning dilapidated machine...with "Socialized Pieces and Parts" that'll make her run like new again. Of course it is just a lousy and over priced patch job, and we the customer know we've been had! We are being sold a bill of goods that isn't worth the paper that it is printed on.

The huckster standing in the fairway of twinkle lights and teleprompters is telling you to step right up, and sign on the dotted line for your ticket to ride. It promises to be the greatest show on earth. Ya right!

The man with the funny name is nothing but a chiseling Chicago carny barking fake beads and tinsel covered dreams of grandeur.

The Tea Parties are telling the whole three ring circus of Bozo's in the capital that we've had enough of their stupidity. We saw the show, and it stinks. We want our money back! Even though the sign in front of the big top tent reads, "No refunds!"

People are angry!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Wow, you must have a lot of free time on your hands. Do you have a full time job and a family too? I'm just curious because those are admirable things that you do.

Lets stop making excuses to discredit Americans for saving the world. We did more to save people of the world from tyranny than any other country was prepared to at the time or would do now. We deserve that credit regardless of what people believe was the political reasons for doing so. The fact is regular, middle class and poor Americans did it then and would do it again.

You are also obviously a very young person, or someone without much real life experiences. Lets see how many of those things on your list you're still doing when you are struggling everyday to feed, clothe, educate and house your family.

Lets see the list of countries whose governments are doing anything better than America or whose people aren't also guilty of being fat, lazy and ignorant.

There are no perfect governments in this world, calling a whole nation of people fat, ignorant and lazy is ignorant in itself. That is like me saying all Muslims are fanatical terrorists hell bent on murdering. I know it's not true and most people here would be quick to point out my error. However when it comes to calling all Americans fat, ignorant and lazy, that's all fine and good here. Why?

Are the people of Iran complete ignorant idiots because they allow a tyrannical, woman hating and oppressive government to exist?

In my opinion the answer is no we can not blame the actions of a government on the working class or poor people of that nation.

And the thread is childish, calling names? "Fat", "ignorant", "lazy", and to apply those generalizations to all the people of a nation? Childish.

Instead of calling names why don't you come up with possible solutions.

*Also why is everyone so obsessed with America and Americans? Hey what about Somalia, or the idiocy of the middle east?

Are the people of Russia also all complete idiots? Putin had to cut his people off from beer? People in Russia can't drink beer? (Is Putin really Russian?)

Not only are you people childish but also extremely narrow sighted and angry.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Just a little advice... Try to put some spaces inbetween lines occasionally... The ten inch paragraphs are hard to read for some of us.... Thanks!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Pappie54

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Confused and Dazed!]

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Confused and Dazed!]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pappie54
Damn, I need to proof read before hitting send. I meant to say, yours IS the attitude of a non combat veteran.

Kids who have no appreciation for anything good in our country, or anything good done by Americans, or for the many people who died fighting to enable those good things to be enjoyed.

That's why I say people hooraying this thread are brats and ignorant of history.

I'd like to know what are their solutions? Are there no fat, ignorant, lazy people in all the countries of this world?

This thread was constructed by some little kid. Calling American's names in this forum gets a lot of praise and attention. But I never hear any of their brilliant solutions to solving America's problems, just American bashing.

Aren't there many countries in this world that are much, much worse off? Are the middle class and poor people of those countries fat, ignorant and lazy?

Why the obsession with hating Americans? You hate poor and lower middle class people who struggle everyday to keep their families alive, call them Fat, ignorant and lazy?

I can say you're all mostly brats with pie in the sky ideals, wait until you get into the real world, grow up a little, learn about the great things American did for you before you insult the great people of America.

Not everything is fire and brimstone, hatred and bile. I'm starting to believe that most people here are just complete malcontents, who never see any good in anything. How horrible.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Confused and Dazed!

Perhaps you were a patriot ? Or perhaps you were drafted ?

Or then again, like many in the US and other armed-forces today, you couldn't get a job and Army pay and conditions looked good ?

Were you swayed by WW2 tub-thumping movies starring John Wayne and Audie Murphy, perhaps ?

You know .. all those dozens of movies in which one American killed an entire platoon of 'geeks' or 'krauts' ? Gee, they were great movies, huh -- showing America 'winning the war' and 'saving the world' ?

Shame they were all BS, huh ?

But, you say you went to Viet Nam (can't count the thousands of people who've claimed the same from behind the anonymity of their screen)

and when you came back --- no more movie heroes ! No flag waving ! No respect on the street for Vets !

Maybe that was because Americans were beginning to get a clue about the truth and reality of the US involvement in wars by then ?

Maybe a few Americans realised that those who never went to war (although they wore the uniform sometimes, for effect, like good ole
Commander in Chief Bush and the equally craven draft dodger Cheyney) .. well, maybe Americans had worked out by Viet Nam that the rich and powerful draft-dodgers and their fathers and grandfathers had made PROFIT from all those wars, selling to both sides .. selling to the enemy the bullets with which Americans were killed

AFTER which, their cronies in Hollywood covered it all in ridiculous amounts of BS and portrayed all American wars (many of them fought for their now Israeli friends) as 'wars that saved the world'. Except the world was boooo-ing every time one of those BS American movies was shown .. and laughing .. and telling each other the truth -- mainly that America (and its friends now in the new 'state of israel') HAD to have wars, LOTS of wars, to keep that American economy ticking over

So, sorry you weren't feted after your claimed stint in the 60s, 70s ... but then again, maybe you didn't realise (maybe you still don't?) that the truth about Americans raping and torturing civilians and exercising all their perversions which would have put them behind bars in the good ole USA -- all those perversions were KNOWN now, and talked about. And people yelled, 'American .. Go Home'.

But .. if you still feel patriotic and still want to be a hero .. maybe you could turn your sights on your American politicians (and their Israeli friends) and do a bit of 'fighting for justice and to save the world' right THERE .. AT HOME .. in the US ?

That's what the ancient Greeks taught their children: Justice, like Charity, begins AT HOME.

ONLY when you've sorted out the USA's problems should any American presume to carry a gun into any other nation

And let's not have any more BS, ok? America CREATES wars in order to PROFIT from wars. And the US HAS profited from war, all the way through. Except it wets its pants at the thought of any hostilities on its own shores. And the world is well aware of that. Time Americans became aware of it

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

The solution is right there under your noses

but first you have to admit to the problem

And the answer in both cases is identical --- ISRAEL

That's the big elephant in the room which Americans, by and large, are too gutless to acknowledge

Israeli isn't afraid of the fact though

Israel laughs and tells the world that 'Americans do exactly as we tell them. We own the US. And no American president will do anything about that

So fix AMERICA's problem

and then America will cease to be the WORLD's problem !

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join