It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans are Ignorant, Lazy, Gutless Cowards who live in Fear

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

The answer is very simple; get rid of centralised government. Why should ~600 people in congress rule over 600 million people. They are corrupt to the core, fat cats.

Empower each state with their own governance, budgets and fiscal policy.

Each state would then evolve as a self-fulfilling microcosm and other states will follow any other states who do better in a comparative league table, promoting healthy competition and continual growth benefiting local citizens.

Some bastard in Washington has no right to tell a farmer how to milk his cows in Arkansas, for example.

In summary: GET RID OF CENTRALISED G'MENT

I'm so fed up with hearing posters ramble on about how things are going to be so much better once Obama gets out of office. Simple minded partisan delusions I say. Things will never get better until we decentralize government. Throw all the tea parties you want. Protest all you want. If your idea of "taking back the government" is merely getting the other side into office then frankly...nevermind...I wont say it.

Decentralized Government

[edit on 15-9-2009 by xEphon]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archon_Adept
OP forgot "stupid", "apathetic", "fat", "mcdonalds-eating, walmart-shopping while hating on the Chinese hypocritical racist gumless redneck buffoons who are a bunch of chattle."

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Archon_Adept]

Hey!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
What a pretentious and childish thread. Speak for yourself OP.

Do you do all of those things you say American's don't. Complaining and senseless protesting? Or violence? Is that what we should do to be less lazy?

You sound like a very young person with young persons ideals, that's great but list the things you're doing before you go and call a whole nation of people lazy, fat and ignorant.

What are any of you doing that is so admirable and beneficial to your society? I would really like to know what all of you "holier than thou's" are doing. It's real easy to say you're better than everyone else, but I'd like to see proof of that.

Please tell us which country's governments or people in this world are not guilty of these things. (They all are.)

Many Americans died freeing the rest of the world from certain tyranny, through ingenuity, inventiveness and shear determination. And we'd do it all again if need be. Don't fool yourself.

I would say you're ignorant of history and you act like an ungrateful brat.

Most Americans are poor/middle class who survive to feed, cloth, educate and house their families. Husbands and wives both constantly working to feed their families and survive, that's who most American are.

Just as a side note, many studies show that American's work more hours than any other industrialized country.

We are productive, resourceful, ingenious/inventive people. Think about how the world would be now if there it weren't for the American people. For one, France and England would be speaking German in a Nazi empire.

The arts: Jazz, The Blues, Rock = all American inventions. Your welcome world. We can go on and on.

Brats!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The Tea Parties of late would have happened regardless of who, or what party was in power. If the country continued on the path it is on, if the "powers that be" continued to take and use the American people, the Tea Parties would have formed. They are not about who is in the White House, they are about the failure of government as a whole. And in my opinion, they are a good starting place. What they are severely lacking, however, is support from all sides of the political spectrum.

If you don't like the Tea Parties because you feel they are one sided, don't sit back and mock them...JOIN THEM. Add your voice to the choir. Sure you will have those who lean one way or the other, but SO WHAT? That IS America. Carry YOUR OWN sign, chant YOUR WORDS, but in the end...it is all about the same goal. Isn't it?

This is a chance for EVERYONE to join a groups across the country whose roots are firmly attached to weeding out the lazy, do-nothing, selfish, (dare I say) evil people who are sucking us dry.

I don't care who is elected next time around...I will be there joining in the Tea Parties until the entire government is pruned, and cleaned up to reflect what it is supposed to be...OUR GOVERNMENT!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

This country today is precisely why stupid people shouldn't breed.

OH dooper, Now you know no one thinks that they are the stupid one, it is always the other guy.

Actually when I think about it, none of us have a clue as to the depth of the situation we are facing.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

My hope in this thread is to find that common ground. I didn't leave a single one of us out of the OP. We're all guilty. And I totally agree with you, Politicians and Bureaucrats SUCK! Each and every one of them!

*Blows smoke from smudging your way~~~~*

Thank ya, friend.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
My god almighty. Indiana is lucky indeed to have such hard working public servants. Kind of reminds me of school children. May god help us all.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
Many Americans died freeing the rest of the world from certain tyranny, through ingenuity, inventiveness and shear determination. And we'd do it all again if need be. Don't fool yourself.

A famous argument to justify anything bad the USA has ever done. The reality of that argument is America's entrance into the War was done out of pure self preservation. Sure it is better marketing to lavish ones self with saving the world & conquering evil for all blah blah, but they knew they would be next on the list and they would fall if they did not act when they did ..so they acted. My grandfather fought in the war and this was his take on it when we had long discussions (may he R.I.P.). He stated he went to war to fight and possibly die for America and helping others was more of a bonus that came along with it.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by reasonable]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Star and Flag!!!!

However in regards to Sen. Jim Inhofe we also need to demand that legislation be readable. And demand that our representatives oppose anything that is not.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Thanks for the thread Jax.

Something has to happen first...and I think it's happening now. You are seeing protests against big government and we will see a large gain for Republicans in the next election. No longer will they skate by with just their criticisms...THEY TOO will also be a target for the people.

And that is when I think it will REALLY happen. At least I hope so.

We'll see.

Those who are protesting are holding out for Republicans...it's unfortunate that they do not realize that we cannot afford this war or continue our trade policies...which Republicans will NOT change.

"...holding out for Republicans..."

You are soooooo right! They've already forgotten that Bush and Co gave us the Patriot Act (you wanna talk expanding government--sheesh!), and are back to calling for more of the "old team" as though they didn't take a surplus and hand us a deficit, or put us in a country we can't seem to get out of....ARGH!

Jaxon, thanks for the thread.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Confused and Dazed!

Very well said, Confused and Dazed

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I hate it when I stumble across a thread that is excellent and so far along that my input might be superfluous.

-Americans are Ignorant, Lazy, Gutless Cowards who live in Fear-

Seems a bit of a broad generalization. Seems brutal and for some, perhaps even offensive to be portrayed that way.

It's a shame, as generalizations go, it's seems fairly accurate.

However, if we are seriously discussing 'what to do' about it, it would be productive to understand something.

We (pardon the presumption) are not BORN "Ignorant, Lazy, Gutless Cowards".

So what made it so that we, growing up as American kids, ended up with minds buzzing full of irrelevancies, convinced that someone else will take care of it.

How did we come to believe that our schools and institutions would prepare us for life, providing truth and facts, so we can live our lives? Who failed to tell us that the human condition was fragile and that it wouldn't be wise to entrust to detached elitist social power whores whose only salient characteristic is that they can afford the slickest marketing campaign?

From many years ago I got the impression, and was astonished to discover, that much of what I learned about honor, integrity, dignity, was generally inapplicable in matters of public service. To find that the world we grew up in was quite different from what I had been taught.

I fail to see why anyone should be expected to accept guilt for having been tricked, cheated, lied to, and otherwise subjected to what some might consider rather inhumane treatment.

I agree it is so. I simply identify it as a further abuse which most of us 'looking forward' fail to account for, in the pursuit of change.

Our major institutional edifices are all suspect at this point. That's about the worst conceivable circumstance for someone who has to consider whether the whole thing needs to be torn down and rebuilt. Or can we muster the courage to accept that in order to fix this, we may have to bring people to justice; that our celebrity leaders might actually be complicit in the largest organized crime syndicate on earth; and respond accordingly.

For them, the status quo is sacred.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
We should be more concerned at more important issues than our duly appointed representatives playing solitaire or checking out ESPN during yet another monotone droning speech by yet another lying politician with an agenda.

Our government system is fine in reality. Nothing wrong with the model. It's the lack of quality folks to get in there that is the issue. You think you can do better? Run for office. Yelling at the general populace to fix something they honestly have almost no control over won't fix a thing. Even more laughable is posting such a thing here, where there is a much higher percentage of aware folks than the rest of the nation holds.

If there was one thing that would make the biggest change imo, would be removing the $$$ from the political system. It corrupts it beyond recognition. That's the real evil. Funding and lobbyists provide your next President. It's why we have a tiny handful to choose from each election, and why they all have personal agendas. Everyone should have an equal platform to try to launch themselves into politics. Sadly this isn't the case.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Sorry, it didn't make me mad, it made me nod and scowl though.

Americans are statistically proven to be more ignorant of the world around them, and their own history, than most other developed nations. They also test consistently low on standardized tests in comparison.

Lazy? Well, three out of four of us are overweight. I think that speaks for itself.

By and large Americans are gutless, or to put it a nicer way, reactionary. It takes guts to confront a problem, before it becomes unavoidable - something Americans utterly FAIL at, at every turn.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
What a pretentious and childish thread. Speak for yourself OP.

Actually, he sounds like a "mom". Sometimes you need to hear what you're doing wrong so you are motivated to change things. Isn't that what conservatives call "personal accountability"? Holding folks feet to the fires?

Do you do all of those things you say American's don't.

Speaking only for myself? I do. I protest, harass my Senator, work referendums, stage debates...

Complaining and senseless protesting?
As opposed to complaining while listening to talking heads like Hannity or Olberman?

Or violence? Is that what we should do to be less lazy?

*scratches head*

Violence certainly could not be construed as "lazy" but it sure as hell is illegal.

You sound like a very young person with young persons ideals, that's great but list the things you're doing before you go and call a whole nation of people lazy, fat and ignorant.

1) Read important bills because I know my elected officials won't.
2) Write my elected officials and urge others to do the same by writing editorials or emailing folks
3) Community service and work for social justice
4) Work to form positive coalitions
5) Stage local debates
6) Think for myself

What are any of you doing that is so admirable and beneficial to your society? I would really like to know what all of you "holier than thou's" are doing. It's real easy to say you're better than everyone else, but I'd like to see proof of that.

I'd shut my mouth lest be called out a hypocrite if I didn't do something more than armchair quarterback politics.

Please tell us which country's governments or people in this world are not guilty of these things. (They all are.)

Back to Mom (but she was a clever, one!)...

If England jumped off a bridge would you do it?

So what if every other government in the world is corrupt, should we be? Is that an excuse?

We teach our children to be better than that, why expect less from our leaders?

Many Americans died freeing the rest of the world from certain tyranny,

Yes, and I painted an elderly woman's porch when I was twelve, should I have stopped there?

I also made fun of a kid for having his fly down. Should I have given myself a free pass because I was nice to the elderly lady?

We have caused almost as much pain as we've prevented. Ask the naive, er, Native Americans, the black Africans we dragged over from Africa, the Vietnamese, the Latin Americans.

Yes, we've done wonderful things, but like any other nation, we've done terrible things.

We can't excuse the bad because we've done some good. We have to keep on doing the good, we have to keep striving to be better. We have a lot of potential. What is wrong with asking us to live up to it?

through ingenuity, inventiveness and shear determination. And we'd do it all again if need be.

I agree that we can do it all again if we choose. I think that was Jaxon's point.

I would say you're ignorant of history and you act like an ungrateful brat.

I'd say he calls it like he sees it, as do you. You both love America. You love it like you love your Mother--you see only the good and love it unconditionally. He loves America like a mate, you see the bad, hold on to the good, and push them towards the best.

Most Americans are poor/middle class who survive to feed, cloth, educate and house their families. Husbands and wives both constantly working to feed their families and survive, that's who most American are.

Yes, and shouldn't we be working harder to make sure that their dreams and struggles are seen, heard, and appreciated the way that the richer Americans are?

Just as a side note, many studies show that American's work more hours than any other industrialized country.

I found this to be true working overseas. However, they see more of their family and are less stressed than we are.

We could work fewer hours if we worked smarter. We'd also have a nation with fewer arrogant teens if their parents had more time to spend with them.

Americans DO work hard, they aren't lazy...at work. They've been told that you have to work hard or you're a jerk and they take it to heart.

We are productive, resourceful, ingenious/inventive people.

We've been hobbled by policies that reward offshore multi-nationals. We used to be all these things, our spirit is there, but our policies are hurting innovation.

Think about how the world would be now if there it weren't for the American people. For one, France and England would be speaking German in a Nazi empire.

I suggest you read about England during WWII. That tiny little country held off Hitler ALONE for many, many moons. You want to talk spunk! Wartime Britain was the fshizzle.

The arts: Jazz, The Blues, Rock = all American inventions. Your welcome world. We can go on and on.

Go us! (and I'm not being facetious)

Brats!

I'm rubber, you are glue...

Come on!

Jaxon wasn't picking on the US because he hates it. He was saying we could be better, and we could be. Sometimes you gotta get tough with the ones you love. It doesn't make you an ingrate. It means you care.

Or so says Mom...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by maus80

Oh, yes. We're stupid, ignorant, and fat, yet we still have more than any country on Earth. Higher standard of living, bigger houses, more disposable income, larger cars with bigger engines, more of everything. My kitchen is probably larger that the average European flat. Christ, we spend more on our pets than the GDP of many countries. Must really piss you guys off...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by maus80

Oh, yes. We're stupid, ignorant, and fat, yet we still have more than any country on Earth. Higher standard of living, bigger houses, more disposable income, larger cars with bigger engines, more of everything. My kitchen is probably larger that the average European flat. Christ, we spend more on our pets than the GDP of many countries. Must really piss you guys off...

Yes, because material wealth is exactly what we should judge people by.

Screw that whole "high moral character" thing.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

We are also the most charitable people on Earth, and send aid to other countries- even ones who hate us- whenever there is a natural disaster.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

We get those things on credit, and we have those privileges mostly because ours is the reserve currency of the world bank. Without being able to create money out of thin air and buy up everyone else's resources, we wouldn't be able to surround ourselves in plastic IOU's.

When it all comes crashing down, the baby boomers will be selling off their assets en masse - and they will mostly be selling them to the nations we owe money to.

The Chinese on average save 30% of their income. Face it, when the baby boomers are all retired and social security and pensions are done for, America and everything in it will be sold off to the highest bidder. Those bidders will be the people in countries that actually know how to save money instead of creating huge debt.

Enjoy your plastic junk and oversized cars while they still belong to you.

Everything I said holds true, the statistics don't lie.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This thread maybe true to some people but not all. Most of the world leaders is corrupt most hide behind their figure heads. Most other countries didn't even know they were at war with Iraq and still spit there no sense about the how Americans fight a pointless war. Some people film a video of them asking Americans stupid questions then posting it up on the internet screaming about how dumb America is. When arguing about other countries being in War occupying other countries they freak out and yell that never happened. When in fact almost every country invaded and took over another. Germany WW1 - WW2, England held Australia during the industrial revolution. France held Vietnam or Korea I cannot remember. Japan invaded many countries in the pacific ocean during WWII. Ever here of the Raping of Nanking? Japan in a single day murdered more Chinese than the two American Atomic bombs. Others Chastise Americans for bombing Japan. I even hear it from German citizens who say Americans are heartless bastards who deserve to get some bombs dropped on them. When bringing up WWII they reply "That was our ancestors don't judge us on what they did."
Most other countries point the finger at Americans for something they have no control over. When their own country has done the same or even worse.

Where is the pride in all this? People are just people. We are categorized by our by what our government does or the way a single person acts. An example is a Marine who threw a puppy of a cliff and filmed it. Yeah it was a heartless move but does that mean ALL marines are bastards?

Stop grouping people by country or color, we are just people. Like or hate someone for what they do and not others.

I run ever day I practice Parkour everyday, just because others are lazy doesn't mean we all are. I make jumps and I do things people in other countries would find horrifying! When someone tells me a better way to move in Parkour, how to get over something better, I don't tell them to # off and they're stupid. I will actually try it and not cry about it and scream I am better.

We all are different, no one is exactly the same!

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join