It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans are Ignorant, Lazy, Gutless Cowards who live in Fear

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Lol! that monkey is really having a bad trip!

Please don't give drugs to animals!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
OP forgot "stupid", "apathetic", "fat", "mcdonalds-eating, walmart-shopping while hating on the Chinese hypocritical racist gumless redneck buffoons who are a bunch of chattle."

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Archon_Adept]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
OK Mr. Smarty pants,

What do you suggest?

The answer is very simple; get rid of centralised government. Why should ~600 people in congress rule over 600 million people. They are corrupt to the core, fat cats.

Empower each state with their own governance, budgets and fiscal policy.

Each state would then evolve as a self-fulfilling microcosm and other states will follow any other states who do better in a comparative league table, promoting healthy competition and continual growth benefiting local citizens.

Some bastard in Washington has no right to tell a farmer how to milk his cows in Arkansas, for example.

In summary: GET RID OF CENTRALISED G'MENT

The US Constitution already describes limited government where the States make most of the rules. The Feds are just to take care of the international treaties, military, post office and inter-state business transactions. Feds are the 'Conductor' of the States, setting fair rules. The Feds instead took all of the power, screw the States. We just got to get rid of the Feds and all laws enacted since FDR or convert them from government control to privately controlled. The government is not suppose to run business, but purchase from business that compete for the government work.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Nice thread man,

I almost posted a 15 page response on here which I'm sure you wouldn't have liked.
Then I read your post.... lol

But you are right - absolutely.

It is ever more evident every time I come back to the states on leave from either a deployment or another country. Especially and I say - ESPECIALLY - the ones who live in and around major cities. All I can say is ......wow......

There needs to be a mass wake up or a culling. One of the two and soon.

Star and flag for you, friend.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
OK Mr. Smarty pants,

What do you suggest?

The answer is very simple; get rid of centralised government. Why should ~600 people in congress rule over 600 million people. They are corrupt to the core, fat cats.

Empower each state with their own governance, budgets and fiscal policy.

Works for me.

So Cal would turn into an Amsterdam of the West and rake in billions.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
Did the Title get your attention? Did it get you angry just reading it? GOOD! That's a good start! Because you should be angry! You should be MAD AS HELL! But not because the title isn't true, but because it IS! So let me break it down for you...

We are not only ignorant, we are intentionally so. We accept the words of Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, Chris Matthews, Oprah Winfrey, Arianna Huffington or the like as Gospel Truth, just because they are telling us what we want to hear. The religious reject science because it interferes with an ancient story. The partisan give us 'facts' about the 'other side'. The Corporations get us to believe all kinds of nonsense to steer us in a favorable direction for their bottom lines, then come to us when the bottom falls out. Need I even mention Alex Jones... And we lap it all up like mindless drones controlling the destiny of our lives...

We are lazy because we take the path of least resistance. While there are some who protest, such as the 'Tea Party' craze that is sweeping the nation (where were these people when Bush was going through our money like a gold digger with a key to the vault?), most will not do a thing to really change things, just go with the flow... It's the easiest path... Why make a fuss...

We are Gutless Cowards because we refuse to do anything about it. We don't demand that we only be given the truth, and anything short of the truth is unacceptable. We don't demand that our representatives don't behave like this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c748a9cb764.jpg[/atsimg]
Or like this:

We don't DEMAND that our representative even READ legilation before deciding what's in our best interest: Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.) We don't demand a better education for our kids. We don't DEMAND so many things that we should... Just come up with excuses for why it will never change...

AND WE LIVE IN FEAR! The Religious live in FEAR of their God. The Non-religious live in FEAR of their deaths. The Left FEARS the Right. The Right FEARS the Left. The Center FEARS them both. The Blacks FEAR the Whites. The Whites FEAR the Blacks. ...FEAR Latinos ...FEAR Asians ...FEAR Homosexuals ...FEAR illegal immigrants ...FEAR Politicians ...FEAR the Government ...FEAR THE TRUTH!

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Another Roosevelt quote that fits the times:

One thing is sure. We have to do something. We have to do the best we know how at the moment... If it doesn't turn out right, we can modify it as we go along.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Are you going to continue to be a monkey dancing for the amusement of it's Masters? Are you going to do anything to change it? If not, then dance, monkey, dance...[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fbfc61302ecf.gif[/atsimg]

and you are doing what yourself to be less of what yu accuse everyone else of?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

I don't have much hope for folks getting any smarter, so I tend to think we need the enema.

Not only is it needed, the strong undercurrents indicate it's coming.

This country today is precisely why stupid people shouldn't breed.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Back during the Viet Nam war protests, the simpering wimps and spineless ball-less males showed what this nation was coming to. They blubbered and cried to the draft boards about how they couldn't possibly go to war, because they were all about touchy-feelings of warm fuzzies, flowers, making love, and doing pot, hash, '___', while guzzling gallons of Ripple or Boone's farm wine!

They just couldn't cut off their beautiful long long hair, and become Baby-Killers!

Those that did join, or were drafted, increasingly found that the nation was ungrateful, cynical, hateful and did not support their efforts.

Many young men saw their buddies slaughtered, and suffered Post Traumatic Stress, only to be thrown to the gutter once they came home to protesters who greeted them home like returning lepers. Today, we have men who are in a situation that is more awful than their earlier comrades in arms. The enemy today, is unseen, hidden, and uses ambush techniques and I.E.D.'s to kill from a distance. It is very hard to kill an enemy who blends into the civilian populace.

Today, we have the Hollywood P.C. set of Metro-sexual buffoons , who think they have a political agenda, and a right to speak their foul liberalism views protesting the current battles against an insidious enemy that is out to kill them. More flowers, apologizing, with hugs and kisses for a enemy that's slithering in under our borders. However, when someone is shot, they crap and piss themselves in fear, and scream bloody hell for help.

I know for a fact, you could slap the face of three quarters of the young men and women today, and they wouldn't lift a finger to defend themselves. Their friends would all stand around with their cells taking pictures, while cowering in fear, and crying in each others arms...nothing else.

It is these morons, who think that, taking away the 2nd Amendment would make everything alright, and no one would hurt anybody again! Many of the sports jocks from high school who think they are " bonafide" males, will roust around another school mate, but, wouldn't run to aide a female being raped in an alley!

It takes wherewithal and initiative to out fox the P.C. media of today. If you sit on your ass gobbling down the mindless manna of misinformation and outright mindless ignorance being spewed by corporate owned media, then you'll become another one of the many millions of dumbbells who suck their thumbs pacifying themselves, while watching an endless cavalcade of stupidity on the tube. Don't be one of them. Fight back. Educate yourself with facts and history, and then you'll be armed against an insurgency of the booboise.

I am accused of being a old curmudgeon and ornery fart, who doesn't tolerate much. Well, they'd be right! Until I see positive changes that are for the better, I will only be more nasty with my opines. The enemies who hate us, count on Americans being a bunch of weak willed, spineless, and yes...ball-less twits who won't ordinarily stand up for themselves. Since they elect politicians who say they are like them, the cesspool of useless decision makers just deepens. The enemy wrings his hands in glee...

Stupid politically correct slogans, and suave imagery don't fool me for one minute. I can usually read a mans character quickly. Women are a little more difficult. So far, most of the misrepresenting representatives that have managed to lie their way into political office haven't amounted to a pile of dung. The voters have proven themselves to be clueless dolts in general, and easily sold a "Pig in Poke" with or without lip stick!

I will fight to the bitter end, and then they can lay my battered and bullet ridden corpse in the ground ass end up, and the world can kiss it for eternity.

I wish the world were a different place too, but it isn't, so face reality and deal with it. Pretty pleases and butterfly kisses won't make it go away!

Be a warrior, not a wuss! Make the enemy afraid, very afraid!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I nominate JaxommRoberts as the poster boy for Ignorant, Lazy, Gutless Cowards who live in Fear.

I believe you are an excellent example of these traits.

Congratulations.

Lead the way you overachiever you.

[edit on 073030p://f53Tuesday by badgerprints]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
AWESOME THREAD!!! (S&F)

Ive been saying this a lot more lately,

Deny ignorance, ASK questions!!!

I am an American/san marino citizen, i traveled to europe, and well when i went, their view of Americans are what you just described.

The people really need to wake up and break away from this live in fear, head in sand mentality.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I Read your opening and the first two paragraphs....then yawned.

I expect you will be first on the front lines to face the ignorant, lazy, gutless, coward Americans that live in fear if it comes down to a fight?

Only the most powerful nation the world has ever known, with the most advanced and powerful military machine ever known.....nothing to be afraid of....if you are a Klingon.......Mr. Spock.

BTW: I liked Spock's character. He was less caustic and less bitter than you portray yourself to be.

Sorry if you feel I am attacking you....I'm really not.....I just think you could post a better thread without insulting a whole nation and promulgating hate and discontent

IMHO of course. Take it for what it's worth I guess. No harm intended here.

Have a nice day.

[edit on 15/9/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Dont forget materialistic and greedy,
and we obviously dont know what a budget is!

Or the meaning of living within our means or,...
saving for the inevitable rainy day.

Or, how to drive without endangering ourselves and others.
Or.....

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Jax

There are some people out there like me who do not believe the words of Rush, Beck, Matthews and the others as if it were the truth. They do this because people now a days do not want to hear anything otherwise that would contradict what these people have said. I agree that it is ignorance that keeps most people from listening to the other side of the story. This is why we should not take anything we hear on the television and the radio or what we see in the newspapers as the truth. As for the religuois fanatics that interfere with science, the reason why they do it is because of what you said. It interferes with an ancient story that has been passed down for centuries upon centuries. That is why the heads of religious factions have ignored Darwin's Theory on Evolution for over a century and a half. They believe that one eternal being created the Earth, us humans, and the animals and plants that we need to survive. While I do believe that we were created by an all powerful being, it took millions of years for us to evolve into what we are right now.

As for the corporations that are actually the ones running the United States of America. I mean look at companies like General Motors, Citi Group, Bank of America who said that they needed money when they were actually the ones responsible for the conditions they are in. As I remember correctly, haven't a majority of corporations from this company sent employment overseas? Not only that, but the majority of labor unions in this country are at fault for these companies since these corporations are giving in to these unions. A friend of mine told me the other day that one reason why these car companies are in the hole, it has to do with what the auto makers have caved in on because of the unions. I mean, earning $53 bucks an hour just for pulling However, do not expect these companies to stop caving into some of these unions and their "demands" since these corporate and union pigs have the government in their back pockets. A government that is supposed to be for the people and by the people and the people we "elect" to represent us on Capitol Hill. I mean after all, look at how many heirs to major companies are on Capitol Hill supposedly representing the people of the United States.

We never heard of anything like these 'tea partys' when King Bush was in office for eight years. Those were the eight years when these companies and banks faultered and were whining for bailout money that we did not have. This is why the economy is in the condition it is in now. We have printed up too much money and it has caused the value of the dollar to plummet. You know it would not surprise me if these so-called "tea partiers' were the ones that supported Bush and his policies during eight years of nothing. Since Bush is out of office now, all they can do is protest that a Democrat was 'elected' to the Office of the President in 2008. They are 'protesting' things that would have never came up with Bush in office.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

My hope in this thread is to find that common ground. I didn't leave a single one of us out of the OP. We're all guilty. And I totally agree with you, Politicians and Bureaucrats SUCK! Each and every one of them!

*Blows smoke from smudging your way~~~~*

reply to post by Irishwolf

I'm not trying to insult people, but to wake them up and get them to smell the coffee. ATSer's are not immune to this. Just take a look around the forums. What am I trying to accomplish? Maybe to not only try to wake people up, but maybe get some good ideas as to what to do about it.

reply to post by NOTurTypical

There is a big difference between being against the spending and the demonstrations we see today. The 'Tea Parties' didn't start until after Obama took office, thus showing their partisanship. This Left vs. Right BS is what got us into this crap hole in the first place. The battle of the extremes is killing us.

reply to post by randyvs

WOW, took it a little personally, didn't you! Let me start with the comparison of society under Our Greatest Generation and the one of today ran by a combination of mostly Baby Boomers and filled out those from Generation X. If you cannot see that the legacy of Our Greatest Generation has been lost, then the OP certainly does apply.

As to my 'broad brush', since 99.99% of the population fall under this description, a broad brush seemed appropriate. But hey, if thinking you really know the truth helps you sleep at night, keep it up!

Now, as to this last little bit...

Originally posted by randyvs
i only have one question.
what the hell can i do about you?

Unfortunately for you, not very much... In fact, nothing at all...

reply to post by catamaran

Understand that one, the title was chosen to get people to think, and two, you are the exception, not the rule and it gives me hope to see such exceptions... It's a start...

reply to post by Jim Scott

Organized Religion is not part of the solution, it's part of the problem. This is a secular society, not a religious society.

reply to post by mikerussellus

But it seems that only the Conservatives are raisin' a ruckus. Switching over to the other party is not the answer, in fact, the two party system is the problem. Comes down to a choice of two extremes, the right or the left. Believe it or not, the greatest number of us lie somewhere in the center. Those of us in the center are the ones who decide who gets to sit at the table, but we actually have no representation at that table who think like us. Just that choice of left or right. Since the greatest percentage of Americans are Moderates, maybe it's time for us to take a turn. It's not like we could make it worse...

reply to post by schrodingers dog

I just love you, dog... Really, I do! Very well said, as usual. Always glad to have your 'Dog Like Wisdom'...

reply to post by Chovy

I've been dying for a reason to use the 'Dancing Monkey'!

Originally posted by mikerussellus
Got my war bonnet on. . . .

You just gave me my next avatar... 'War Spock'...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Confused and Dazed!

That was quite a rant you posted friend. Is it all that bad....I mean....do you see anything positive in American people?

I hope you don't give yourself a coronary condition there bud.

Peace is priceless and hard to achieve in one's life. I hope you seek peace, and find it.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Confused and Dazed!

By the enemy I am thinking that you mean the corrupt politicians and their corporate masters. You did not really specify.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
it seems americans even hate americans.
puts a perspective on which side is winning.

watch glenn beck ???

a) do the breakdancing move "the flare" on a giant sheet of sandpaper
b) practice repeatedly inserting a catheter into myself
c) tie myself down while neighborhood children repeatedly hit me with mallets in my funny bones
d) all of the above

or ...

e) watch glenn beck

my choice?
d

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

We vote.
We protest.
We make life miserable for those elite-minded monkeys in DC.
We start in our towns, our cities.
On our own blocks. In our apartment buildings.

We make life miserable for those elite-minded monkeys in DC.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable

Originally posted by Sky watcher
We are a giant awakening from its slumber, Be patient.

I hate to burst your bubble, but physiologically this simply is not possible. The general population is HIGHLY medicated. The tap water contains a vicious cocktail of chemicals and pharmaceuticals, don't even get me started on the food supply. Everyone there is subjected to this cocktail to a point they physiologically can not be anything other than a tired, fat, depressed sheep. So if you think these people are going to wake up and do anything you will be waiting a loooooong time.

OH! this post deserves a topic of its own,

Thank you, is this what is wrong with our leaders too?

I have worried about this for a long time.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Come here monkey!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a216feba4db9.gif[/atsimg]

We need to clean house in Washington and in each State. We need to toss every Democrat and Republican who holds political office.

Yuppers, now how you gonna reach the die hard democrats and republicans,?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join