It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans are Ignorant, Lazy, Gutless Cowards who live in Fear

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I see your thread condemming the so called relgious right lol. The truth is that the real adherants of christinanity have missed our remit so far beyond the pale it is un fricken real!!!! Our TRUE and onoly remit from God is "TO LOVE GOD AND LOVE EACH OTHER" thats it!!!! End of story...
We are not judges, our own inherant sin predispoes us to say one thing or another but the fact is that we all know what is right and wrong, its built into everyone of us.
Jesus spoke about all this thousands of years ago, but the message never changed, ever, and that is the fact that condemnation never produced one iota of rightiousness in anyone. But showing them real love did..
You all know what is right, but do not judge those who say otherwise coz God IS judge not us, and the more we try to condemn the more we heap on ourselves for we were given the whole blessings of Abraham, yet we do not accept them, or trust God, for a nation built on lies shall not stand.
We get what we deserve but there is still hope.... Get rid of the liars who obstruct the whole of humanity x

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Thank you. I'm looking forward to some uber patriotic replies. They so consistantly crack me up. Thanks again and good luck here in the states. Who knows maybe I'll be back.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
SG, though I can honestly say I disagree with her / him most of the time, did a thread a while back about having the power to make change. Was one thread that I did agree on.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
You can rant and rave and point out facts all you want... Heck most good posters have great finds of facts, they are posted and you are now knowledgeable...

Now what?
What do you suggest?
What can any of us really do?
If we don't like a political leader because of no-confidence, then do we really have the right to impeach or request them to get out of office?

I think we are all in agreement and your point is what ATS is really about. So back to the infamous question: All top posters on ATS and ATS sites alike do in fact bring shocking things to light, but now what?

You do bring out some good facts, maybe call your point tough love or something, but I ask again, now that I have facts/data/sources/or what the heck ever, what are we suppose to do now?

What are our rights really? Can we really have a vote of no confidence for a political leader or group? Can it really be done? Any constitution attorneys out there?

I'm only asking.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by David9176

I've worked for several members of Congress and know an ex governor. None were evil greedy bastards who were only looking out for themselves. They genuinely wanted to help the people of their districts, state, country. I think a big misnomer is that politicians do favors for money. Some do, but that certainly isn't the norm. The perception of graft and influence is far greater than the reality.

Well that's good to hear, steve.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

The best part about your thread was the dancing monkey! Every thread should end with a picture of a dancing monkey

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
How about we accept the fact that we are alone until we get past all of this petty bickering.

Politicians don't care about anything until we make the same noise at the same time,they are in it for their own gain excepting very few.

Republicans and democrats?,that's just a cruel hoax most of us swallowed,hook,line and sinker!.

They are the same,one party puts up a smokescreen,the other does what they do,they take turns ignoring our wishes because they know there will be a nearly eternal argument,and nothing will ever get done.

Gee,just think how nice it would be if we were not so ignorant,and didn't need any more than a minimal government to keep up infrastructure and regulate the economy,a little.

There isn't really any point talking to most people,just because we disagree doesn't mean we have to fight.

COMPROMISE!!!!!!!!!.

Anyway..........

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx2112

You won't get a lot of answers or solutions on ATS. You will get a lot of tough talk from a bunch of armchair "patriots" and "revolutionaries" about overthrowing the government and stocking up on can goods and shotguns. It's a lot easier to whine, moan and complain then to come up with solutions. But thats the American way.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Nothing is ever going to happen and the people will never wake in mass to do something about it.

Even the OP'er of this thread is happy enough to sit on the internet and have a mini keyboard revolution, get a bunch of stars and feel happy that he has told others to wake up, go out and do something.

You can never tell your government to wise up and do the right thing, because they don't even have the power, they were placed in office by a higher control you will never know the truth of, come into contact with, or directly be told what to do by.

SO! catch a grip, the truth is, you're telling the person who is sleeping next to you, to wake up. The problem is, he cannot hear you because you're dreaming the whole thing.

The best thing Americans could do right now, well, I cannot really say it on here, but you maybe wanna get off the internet and hire a few ryder trucks out for the weekend.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

does anyone know any politicians?

Yes. And I trusted her. Gave her all the evidence she needed to put a fire hose through a major government department.

She said it (the demonstrated corruption, going up through the heirarchy) was an 'outrage'. She paced her office, pink in the face, swearing and breathing heavily. ' I am taking this to the floor of Parliament, if that's what it takes ! ' she said. I was in her Parliamentary suite at the time.

We had several meetings, she and I.

Then, one day when I was (again) in her Parliamentary office, the famous 'bell' rang, summoning all available party members to the floor of Parliament to sign a piece of legislation the party wanted pushed through.

She didn't return for quarter of an hour, during which I admired the very comfortable suite, the beautifully maintained indoor and outdoor gardens (we -- voters -- were in drought and not allowed to water our own gardens). I imagined what a nice life it must be, as a politician -- sumptuous surroundings and food, indoor swimming pool and gym, an army of workers slipping around quietly in the background keeping everying just-so. Nice life

She returned. Gone was her usual smile. It was replaced by a coldness. She pretended to study some of the documents I'd given her, once again. Then, when she'd formulated it all in her mind I suppose, she told me that she'd 'run into' the Premier's advisor and the head of the corrupt department just a moment ago.

I'd lodged a submission with the inappropriately named (although at the time I hadn't realised it) Independent Commission Against Corruption .. ICAC... just a day earlier. The ICAC advised as a matter of policy that due to the enormous number of submissions, I should not expect to receive a response even to say my submission had been received, for a minimum of six weeks.

So it was quite a surprise to learn from the politician that the 'Premier's advisor' AND the head of the government department which was subject of my submission (citing that department with systemic corruption) that THEY (they had claimed to my politician) had already been contacted by ICAC (Independent Commission Against Corruption) that my submission had been dismissed ! In less than one day ! They claimed also to my politician who dutifully repeated it to me, that ICAC had advised the head of the corrupt department that 'you are in the clear and have no case to answer' !

My politician couldn't look me in the eye. I remarked on this to her at the time. So she tried. Couldn't manage it. So went pink again, got up, pranced around a bit and then sat down and said, ' So sorry but there's no more I can do for you'. She'd caved. Folded. Had been warned to shut up or she'd be referred to Comcare or its equivalent, which is an organisation (PAID by government) which professes to conduct 'psychiatric assessment' of any politician who 'got out of hand'. As a rule, Comcare diagnoses unruly politicians as 'over-tired, needs a break' .. which in turn usually leads to the 'resignation' of said politician. My politician was ambitious. She wasn't going to lose her portfolio or electorate over governmental corruption or on my account, lol !

My evidence was top-class. It bore names, dates and even forged governmental seals. It would .. if enacted .. have brought down a major department and everyone connected with it, if not the State government itself. So, they nipped it well and truly in the bud from the top. And the way they do that is 'variously', lol .. via means of the 'Independent' Commission Against Corruption which ... I later learned .. is actually a private company PAID by the government (meaning the public) to investigate the very government which pays it. LOL ! Gives an entirely new meaning to 'independent', doesn't it ?

Shortly afterwards, I attempted to put the evidence before the supposed 'opposition' party. LOL some more. There *IS* no 'opposition. Government is ONE 'party' who play a game of 'Two Party Musical Chairs' (taking turns at supposedly governing) for the benefit of the sheep they're fleecing.

The 'opposition' party .. all the way up (and I kept going up) ... didn't want to know about the corruption or my submission and evidence. In fact, they wet their pants rather than know .. even the Attorney General's office and the Ombudsman. Finally, the 'opposition' party got very stroppy towards me (when, if we believe the Two Party myth, they should have welcomed my evidence. Word had got about. I was to be treated as some sort of criminal and insulted. But NO one wanted to look at all that incriminating evidence. And when I insisted upon submitting it to the Ombudsman, I took the precaution of sticking certain pages together. It was duly returned and stamped, dated and declared to have been 'investigated' --- yet those stuck-together pages were exactly as they'd been when I prepared the submission.

I contacted several supposedly 'hard hitting' current-affairs comperes and supposedly 'for the people' radio personalities, as well as a few reported 'whistle-blowers' with gonads of cast iron. They didn't want to know.

In the process, I was warned several times to 'blow away' or something nasty might happen. But of course, something nasty had already happened and in the end, I was left with nowhere to take the evidence and no-one who was remotely interested in exposing entrenched government corruption. Oh, they didn't mind doing a bit of a beat-up on a politician who got drunk in public, or had an affair or got a speeding ticket. And all the whistle-blowers and radio giants and current affairs guys were happy to 'expose' corrupt used-car dealerships and massage parlours. But demonstrated government corruption ... go away.

So yes, I met a lot of politicians. And they were charming. Just corrupt to the bone and dictated by self-interest and FEAR of what the political system could do to THEM. And I suspect it's the same world wide

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldWarEnd

Bull-dookey.

Those that say we have no power, or have lost it, are the reasons we are in the mess we're in.

We vote.
We protest.
We make life miserable for those elite-minded monkeys in DC.
We start in our towns, our cities.
On our own blocks. In our apartment buildings.

As long as the constitution can be remembered, then nothing is lost.

Wave the white flag mein frund, I am not giving up.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

You have it all wrong though allot of us are. Most Americans just want to live in peace and as long as the stuff in D.C. don't affect them they are just fine.

We Americans as a whole don't do things half baked. We all know when we must act, We know if we move to soon its all going to end bad. We will do what is necessary when the time comes, Just let all the foreigners who may think its a good idea to butt in that doing so would bring them nothing but pain.

We are a giant awakening from its slumber, Be patient.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldWarEnd

I appreciate what you're saying, also your bitterness

However, politicians haven't begun dying at the hands of the public .. yet.

Sure, the political system kills its own, we all know that.

But to date, the public has wrung its hands and complained and gathered in protest

When politicians begin dying, things will change .. fast

And if the public's position AND political corruption keep getting worse, politicians might find themselves somewhat depleted in numbers

Then they have the choice .. die by the public's hand, or risk being murdered by their 'shadowy controllers'

And you and I know that given that choice, any sane politician would prefer to throw himself at the mercy of the public

The 'shadowy controllers' know it too. And they have even more reason to be scared.

It's all about numbers, really. A handful of 'shadowy controllers'. A few hundred 'politicians'. And millions of the outraged and not-willing-to-take-any-more public (armed to the teeth, in the case of the US). Easy math

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

As long as the constitution can be remembered, then nothing is lost.

Wave the white flag mein frund, I am not giving up.

Yea.

So answer me one, just one question?

Do you believe the TV Government history version of JFK and 9/11?

I'm not waving a white flag, but maybe you should have taken yours and turned it upside down some years ago.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
All I have to say to all of you that think the few have control over the many.

Custer.

Got my war bonnet on. . . .

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well said, doesn’t change a thing though. What are you doing? Are you in Washington lobbying for change, or just sitting at home being pissed? What can any of us really do other than look like some hippy freak out on the street? The real problem is that the little man is never heard in this country. Just look at the Hemp laws, there are an estimated 150,000,000 regular users in this Country, but the PTB still continue to arrest and make felons of our brethren.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
We are a giant awakening from its slumber, Be patient.

I hate to burst your bubble, but physiologically this simply is not possible. The general population is HIGHLY medicated. The tap water contains a vicious cocktail of chemicals and pharmaceuticals, don't even get me started on the food supply. Everyone there is subjected to this cocktail to a point they physiologically can not be anything other than a tired, fat, depressed sheep. So if you think these people are going to wake up and do anything you will be waiting a loooooong time.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable

Everyone there is subjected to this cocktail to a point they physiologically can not be anything other than a tired, fat, depressed sheep. So if you think these people are going to wake up and do anything you will be waiting a loooooong time.

Plus the ptb have signs posted to stop us:

Probably for the best ... this "revolt first think later" attitude is what got us into this mess in the first place.
(j/k ... I think)

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Ummm, lol, the tax revenue records during the Bush years was greatly due to SALES taxes, and corporate taxes, not INCOME taxes.

Meaning you get to SPEND more of your money. Meaning the places you spend your money at have to pay more in corporate taxes....

Get it?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

"be not afraid"

seems to be a prevailing message with ancient messengers from the heavens ....

i'd try to quote and debunk what JaxonRoberts stated in the opening of this thread, but ...

can't find any statement that wasn't true.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join