It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans are Ignorant, Lazy, Gutless Cowards who live in Fear

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The World Goes Down with US

Listen to the podcast dated around 4/29/2009.

I don't blame expatriots for seeking haven. Hope it lasts for you. I'm not much for urban living, I like the prairies.

What is sad is conservatives are attacked on racial grounds, religious grounds, when all we need is limited goverment without inflationary spending and a FED that maintains a solid dollar.

Right now the government is increasing spending on money borrowed from foreigners, and when that runs out they will print money.

Yes you need health insurance but do you want to destroy the US economy to do that as well as drag down the rest of the world? If this administration's theory of economics doesn't work it will be ugly.

I just finished listening to Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged, which I think is paralleling exactly what is happening now. It is entrepreneurs that know their business and who have reason to guide them versus the politics and philosophy of death, corruption and big government.

Both my senators voted against defunding Acorn, which tells me everything I need to know about them and Illinois and Chicago Politics.

All I know is that if my business continues I'll be all right and if doesn't, then I will be in great fear for this country. But if it the governemnt falls, people will continue and put something together that works for them, and I will find a way to survive.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by A52FWY]

[edit on 16-9-2009 by A52FWY]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inkrinhuminge
I believe American ATS's contain a far higher rate of awake, aware people than the general American population.

So only the Americans on ATS are smart and "awake"? I don't know where you're from but that's a ridiculous statement.

Most fellow Americans I know work like crazy to support their families. Our kids are reading and writing before they enter kindergarten. A lot of people I know get active in local politics and are very aware of current political happenings.

Does the OP live in America? Or is this just a veil of anger for America's foreign policies? Or is it jealousy?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

OP, your message is true... to an extent.

Some but not all fall prey to the fear, apathy and diet of the msm.

Some but not all Americans have courage, deny ignorance and follow the path of freedom.

Some fall somewhere inbetween.

It becomes for each of us a question of, what will -you-do.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by Electro38

What would you suggest?

Going to the streets, guns blazing?

Anything worth doing, should be done within the law.

I personally have no answers, solutions or ideas except to get into the system. Get into politics or law. But, I don't know. All I know is that this thread is biased, hypocritical and childish.

I'm not the one pointing fingers and blaming and insulting a whole nation of people based on warped perceptions.

If you don't like America's gov or foreign policies that's fine, I can get into a discussion like that with adults. But don't childishly insult the great people of America, we American make your world work.

(I didn't direct this to the people I replied to, but just used this reply to rant a little)

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

OP, your message is true... to an extent.

Some but not all fall prey to the fear, apathy and diet of the msm.

Some but not all Americans have courage, deny ignorance and follow the path of freedom.

Some fall somewhere inbetween.

It becomes for each of us a question of, what will -you-do.

You couldn't say the same thing for all the people of all the countries of the world?

That's why I say this thread is completely biased and hypocritical.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I don't think the OP's original intent was to insult. He was giving voice to general criticism that americans have from within and without.

But I'll let him answer to that issue himself.

It's just my humble opinion. . . .

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

I don't think the OP's original intent was to insult. He was giving voice to general criticism that americans have from within and without.

But I'll let him answer to that issue himself.

It's just my humble opinion. . . .

The title of this thread is: "Americans are Ignorant, Lazy, Gutless Cowards who live in Fear "

You don't see how that could be seen as insulting to an American?

The more I participate here on ATS the more I feel as if I live in some alternate/parallel reality. Very, very strange from my perspective.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I've debated the OP in the past. I really don't think that was his assertion. It was to recognize that there is a problem that we have let develope. A wake-up, as it were.

I'm not offended, because I am not lazy, gutless, or a coward.

Ignorant? Hmmff.

I'll get back to you on that one.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
posting your thread with an insulting title has been done in order to get maximum flags and stars...cheater

Americans are not the only ones who are being lied to. the whole world is.
how would you rule over 7 Billion people? by telling them the truth?
come on...we are sheeple, and we need stuff we can believe in , provided by a reliable source. The source is corrupted so...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
We need to find other means of living.

It's all about the monetary system.

People are too afraid to lose their income, and comfortable way of life to do anything drastic. We could all lose our nice house, car, cable, internet, etc.

If we learned how to survive without money, things would be different.

It's when people say "when you've lost everything, you have nothing left to lose." - and by that, I would say all of our material possessions are "everything."

Personally, I admire people that have found ways to live "off the grid", albeit there are still certain necessities that require paying for, but really, you are only paying for convenience when you buy food from the market instead of growing/hunting it yourself. It's all about convenience, and making life "easy".

As long as things are easy, easy money, easily obtainable possessions, I would be hard pressed to believe that people could be motivated to change things, unless of course, we are willing to change from within what our priorities are, and instead of worrying about what Kanye did at the VMAs to Taylor Swift, we start thinking of how we can ween ourselves off of this monsterous machine that feeds us anything we want at the cost of our freedom each day.

Although I do remain positive, the law of attraction works in grand ways. Think not of what is happening now, but what we can do about it? The less time we spend dwelling upon a problem, the more insurmountable it seems.

Respect & Love.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Explain this very good!

Best wishes,

/Night4Hawk

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Night4Hawk]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
None of this will happen . If americans are dumb and lazy , then they have been the very same way for decades, under presidents of both republicans and democrats. Removing one administration and replacing it with a party of another political denomination will make not one iota of a difference . If you wanted that kind of change , first you'd need a lot of people that recognize that a problem such as this even exists in the first place , and that they would be willing to do something about it. Maybe too many are more than happy to live in dumbness and see no reason to change . In fact , they would prefer to have somebody in the white house that reflects their own limitations , not to put somebody in that'll try and improve upon them . A lot of these people that are protesting right now would love to have sarah palin as president. And she is the epitome of ignorance . That would be the most likely outcome , further descent into ignorance because the main motivators behind any kind of regime change and these protestors rely heavily on the ignorance of their supporters and would seek to maintain that status quo.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Good post, the title really grabbed my attention and I think I know a great place to start changing this whole mess. Our public school system. We are last or close to last in every major academic subject. Instead of trying to change this and avoid a dismal future, we are letting our school boards add administrative positions while cutting teachers. Let's teach our kids about the world, about politics (not partisan bull stuff), about history and their place in it. I want my kids learning math and science and how to be civil rather than daily diversity programming, and my kids are Native Americans. This No Child Left Behind deal sounds good, but it isn't doing anything for the kids who are ahead, the very kids who are the future of this country. We can damn every politician, left, right and center, and I usually do, but we have to past that and realize they only care about themselves and we have to make the changes ourselves. We need to demand the people running for office are there for us, not their party, and hold them accountable every day. Too often, once they get in office they feel they only answer the party chair and whatever agenda is spoon fed to them. I think Barney Frank and cronies like Mr Todd should just quit and give the job to someone who cares and wants to do some real work, not line their pockets or those they feel they need to repay for campaign support. I have to go through a yearly review at work, the people we elect should too. I do not mean these little random phone interviews that both sides skew to their advantage, I mean a real job performance review
Of course we are lazy, we are far too busy watching American Idol to find out what is going on in Washington. We get promised Change, Change, Change. The only change I see is the dimes still in my pocket that has been appropriated to fund some government boondoggle.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It would take decades to reverse , not some sudden bastille event to correct the situation. You'd need people marching to washington in their thousands with banners demanding better education rather than some tired old right wing agenda . Maybe some laws imposed to prevent networks (fox) willfully spreading spurious disinformation to millions of people too, would help .

The government , or at least one of it's chief advisors is well aware of the problem ( "a malignant structural weakness" ). If you watch this speech by Dr Zbigniew Brzezinski at the 7th IISS Global Strategic Review 'The New Geopolitics' in Geneva , he addresses this very issue .

It is near the end of the speech and mostly concerns US foreign policy .

Link

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
What the OP said and then some!! I am self employed and everyday I feel more and more like I'm living in some foreign country. People are freekin idiots that care more about being with whatever they feel is the majority than what they have taken time to research and find is truth. Mindless, dumbed down, programmed, zombies that when trying to argue their political beliefs sound like Imbeciles that more or less arrive at political beliefs based on the over all feeling they get about something after watching MsM and can't, for the most part, even quote whatever facts from MsM they get their conclusions from. Very Frustrating. I especially like the vacant looks that arrive on most peoples faces when attempting to engage them in political conversation, not to mention anything they consider fringe or what the media has termed Conspiracy. Very Laughable to the point of wanting to cry.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by maus80

I completely agree however there is a huge machine working against us.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by pyramid head

Well, since no two talking heads or politicians seem to agree on anything, certainly the crap is flowing in large amounts.

And as far as the religious, apparently you haven't visited the Origins & Creationism forum... go take a peak around then get back to me. Nothing like personal observation for accurate data.

You are a pagan, Jaxon, what do you believe?

You don't believe in a creator, or spirit, or soul,

I often wondered what man's, first thought, of a creator, and what made him think that thought.

So I searched back as far as the written word would take me.

Read through myth and legend,

God is in our DNA, we are recorded , we are not an accident, we do not belong here.

"With fearful things I am distinguished"

All humans are equal, "we are imperfect."

Watch, you are watching the end of days unfold.

so, so you think you can tell
heaven from hell?

we're just two lost souls living in a fish bowl
year after year
running over the same old ground
what have we found
same old fears
wish you were here

[edit on 113030p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

go screw

WHy don't you read a child a book, no? Your ignorant. Why dont you feed in a soup kitchen,no? Your lazy. Why don't you serve our country,no? Your a coward

ANy reason you would use any future pointless post's while your people are ignorant, starving, and fighting for you... are just more selfish exactyourations of mediofukracy thru pointless typing, is plainly that.

all people deserve love and forgivness

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jb0311NY

go screw

WHy don't you read a child a book, no? Your ignorant. Why dont you feed in a soup kitchen,no? Your lazy. Why don't you serve our country,no? Your a coward

ANy reason you would use any future pointless post's while your people are ignorant, starving, and fighting for you... are just more selfish exactyourations of mediofukracy thru pointless typing, is plainly that.

all people deserve love and forgivness

This post should go into the ATS hall of fame, so cute.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well what i can say you hit the Mother Jackpot and i not mean ONLY US i am speakin half of europa too here we got same problems but in the end its useless nothing like that will matter. We are consumers H-U-M-A-N what you do when you run out of iceCream & you want more of it ? same goes for oil/Gas/Food/water/etc.. you got the picture. i tell you a Secret .> ok here it goes 3 things you need in this life is 1.food 2.water 3.will to live
sI^_^MPLE. But what we got now, we got all more then all if you think of it but soon i hope it all changes 2012

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join