It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Cell -> Denver! :)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I agree with you. Why suicide yourself? But, let's look at the Middle East (although, death in "battle" as glorious is not just a Middle East thing).
You might want to look up the Hashashin. I read a book about them in the late 90s called "The Valley of the Hashashin." They were a secret order in Persia (if I remember correctly). They would find young men without hope of much of a life. They would get them high on hash, throw them a huge party, get them laid, and then send them on an quest to assassinate someone where they would most surely die.
Then, remember the story of Samson and Delilah, Samson to destroy his enemy pushed down the pillars of the Philistine palace killing himself in the process.
Many other cultures have done similar things (kamikazes come to mind).
Not saying this is what is happening in today's world (unlike many on ATS, I've got my opinions but really don't KNOW anything) but if you took the Hashashin and replaced them giving the kids they use a party now with 72 virgins in heaven, it's pretty much the same thing.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I think they are too smart to get caught. This is likely a diversion and the real cell is now going to work without 100's of FBI on their back.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Everyone calm down. Despite what you have heard or read, Denver is the safest place to be when the cataclysm goes live next month. So, please, move here. I can tell you that the weather is always nice, yes, more sunshine than South beach, Florida.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This whole think stinks.

I can see the FBI watching a terror cell and reaiding the locations they visited in Queens, but the second the addresses in Queens where hit on by the media and all over the news they should have grabbed the guys in denver. It's not like those guys don't know they are being watched... "Hey Bob didn't you drop off the plans to our attack at a house in queens? Yes I did Joe why? Seems the FBI searched that house and CNN says the guy and his buddies who dropped them off are under FBI's watchful eye. Hmm I guess that explains the two guys in suits across the street in that black car."

Are they stupid? Either these guys are really smart and are the bait or they are down right stupid. This thing has way too many plot holes to be a good story.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

That I most certainly agree with; why the hell if the FBI is staking them out would they let the media know?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This stinks to high hell.

Aren't police - FBI included - planting evidence to catch criminals? Sure, it renews the Patriot Act, and at the same time (supposedly) saves citizens from attack, and under Obama's watch.

It'll win him back his supporters, renew the ACT, re-instate our terror level where it once was, and for the gov't and it's agencies to be our big protectors again.

Sorry. Not to be cynical, I don't think they do anything for just one reason; it'll fit their scheme in numerous functions.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by orderedchaos

I actually think that if we got hit by a terrorist attack, whether real or a false flag, it would be the worst thing that could happen to Obama. Cheney would be there saying, "You see, nobody attacked under our watch" as he likes to do (forgetting that 9/11 was under their watch).

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

My personal observation and opinion is this. The FBI showed up late in the game, and now they are trying to put pressure on these guys while they play catch up. We will know if the FBI has nothing when they start putting up pictures/descriptions of the "suspects" on the news.

My personal guess is the guy that drove from Denver to NY was delivering important info/cargo that couldn't be compromised. Now knowing that all of the apartments were empty, and the FBI got little to nothing at all in their search tells me the plan is already in action. Just my .02

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar

Originally posted by Whatthehell?
But blowing up cities in America? Won't that simply anger the population again and get people flag-waving and screaming for revenge against "those who attacked us on (*insert new date here*)?

Yeah. False flags are pretty easy to spot. Just ask yourself that famous all important question; "Who benefits?"

I will guarantee that IF (and a mighty big IF) any US city is the recipient of any thing remotely nuclear or believed by John Q Public to be nuclear. There will be an immediate and overwhelming nuclear response whether it is this government or the one that quickly overthrows it.

The American people will scream for far more than just blood and not even the full might of the combined militaries of the world could prevent it.

Granted the first few rednecks that take over our numerous and widely distributed nuclear launch sites might not get the bird out the door before setting it off, but they will figure out how it works in time.

The answer as to who benefits from that, is no one...except maybe the few cockroaches that survive to feast on mankind's irradiated extinction

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Ahabstar]

Hmmm. I grew up with rednecks. I think you have more faith in their ability to pull off a "Red Dawn" scenario than I do.

I'm thinking more along the lines of what happened on 9-11. The man-on-the-street interviews with various people calling for Arab blood. This due to the "fact" that within moments we'll be announcing who must be responsible for said incident.

I'm guessing either "Paki-Taliban" or "domestic militia nuts" or "Iran". Anyhoo.... something is coming that will rock our world once again. There is some scenario afoot.

Keep your eyes and ears wide open.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This whole investigation is just flat out wack. I've been following since the queens trying to connect the dots, see any hidden symbolism, relate it to AQ's coincidential 'present' message and then with the release of the Osama audio tape. I'm gonna wait for JJay55 to get a hold of this one, as he seems to be on the ball with this subject and his purported C/T education credentials.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
Everyone calm down. Despite what you have heard or read, Denver is the safest place to be when the cataclysm goes live next month. So, please, move here. I can tell you that the weather is always nice, yes, more sunshine than South beach, Florida.

please tell me what nice weather and beaches have to with being safe from a nuclear attack when everythung will be destroyed or irradiated. I don't see any logic.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Chovy]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

I don't normal post on here, just like to read, really. But I'm thinking an attack in Denver, especially nuclear, would have far reaching ramifications. All the nuclear fallout would blow east and contaminate our farm land. No crops would grow and we could not feed ourselves or livestock. We'd be in a world of Sh*t!

A hungry/starving population would be easier to overtake.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
I think I have the answer to all this terror plot stuff...

It's scaremongering for....*DRUM ROLL*

can you guess?

come on.... guess!

no luck?

ok

Guess what's up for renewal?

The Patriot Act!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHACHING!

Obama supports extending Patriot Act provisions (Sept 15 2009)

The Obama administration supports extending three key provisions of the Patriot Act that are due to expire at the end of the year, the Justice Department told Congress in a letter made public Tuesday.

www.google.com...

I think it's obvious that they just need excuses to keep some of the provisions in order to do their dirty work.

The letter about the patriot act expiring and the NY raids on the same day...Tuesday Sep 14 2009, coincidence?
Obama says he supports extending parts when they expire on the same day the FBI says there's a plot in Denver, coincidence?

[edit on 15-9-2009 by warrenb]

Oh **** I think you busted this myth, warren.

That would make alot of sense, and if people get worked up without any big event to be publicly scrutinized on the internet, so much the better.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It looks like they just raided the guy's home in Colorado.

blogs.usatoday.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The only way this makes sense to me is if the guy in Denver was not (or is not) considered involved. Perhaps those he was visiting in NY are the ones who were planning and have now vanished?

They'd be watching this guy to see if they try to contact him.

That's the only reason I can imagine he'd still be free.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Or perhaps the guy really isn't a terrorist. Just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by veritech01

That's what I mean. His father has been in the U.S. for twenty years. The guy is openly discussing the situation. To me that doesn't sound like a terrorist.

I think the people he went to visit in NY could be a different story though, and that he didn't know it.

Where are the people who's homes were searched in NY? Has that been established?

It seems that the press are reporting on the wrong side of the story here.
But it might explain why the FBI and other agencies are not too bothered about info from this guy being released. Perhaps they know he was just in the wrong place, associated with the wrong people, but because of his employment he was the one they focussed on.

If I was a reporter, I'd be asking this guy who the people were in NY (that would be one of the first questions wouldn't it?) but they're either not asking, or they're being prevented from reporting that part of it.

Personally, I think this guy just happened to know some people who were planning something. But because of his employment, he was the one the agencies were watching.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Personally, I think this guy just happened to know some people who were planning something. But because of his employment, he was the one the agencies were watching.

If this report is true, I don't see how you can make the case that he was an innocent bystander:

www.nydailynews.com...

Authorities later seized his rental car from a Queens street, sources said. In the car, sources said the feds found documents and papers about bomb-making and bombs.

Again, IF this report is true and they found this kind of documentation in his rental car then he was clearly not the wide eyed innocent you are trying to make him out to be.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Breaking News that the guy in Aurora Colorado is in fact part of an Al Qaeda cell. It is just breaking on TV - have not found a link with info yet

Fox: Colorado Suspect in NYC Terror Plot Probe Admits Ties to Al Qaeda
www.foxnews.com...

[edit on September 18th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

why would he admit ties to a terror group?
did they torture him?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join