It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Cell -> Denver! :)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
It would be interesting if while the five in Denver are under surveillance, there was a false flag event somewhere else.
Right, because it absolutely HAS to be a false flag.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Hundreds of FBI agents are on the ground in Colorado, conducting round-the-clock surveillance on five suspects - including a man who recently visited Queens, sources told The News.

How cordial of them to give the 5 suspects a heads up.

Just sayin'

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thanks here are a couple of snbippits:

"The FBI is seriously spooked about these guys planning another 9/11," the News quoted a "former senior counterterrorism official" as saying. "This is not some ... FBI informant-driven case. This is the real thing."

The Daily News reports that five people are under surveillance in Colorado. Wright, the local FBI spokeswoman, declined to comment on that report.

ABC News, citing "law enforcement sources," is reporting that a suspect was allowed to fly back to Denver, under close surveillance. ABC News is also reporting that Najibullah had recently traveled to Pakistan.

Source

Great they are letting 5 people roam around free but keeping them under surveillance. Lets hope they don't read newspapers! Let's give a heads up to the terrorist's! Incredible!

[edit on 15-9-2009 by lucentenigma]

I think its a case of duality, letting the suspects roam freely or taking them into custody. Now, if they are picked up by the authorities and they don't come into contact with their co-conspirators, that could be the green-light to commence with the attacks? I've only heard of one suspect's name in all this, so for the would-be terrorists; it would most likely appear like another wild goose chase by the Feds. This may play into the strategy of catching these guys.

Plus, the name released, could be an entirely made up one at that, and unrelated to the ones they are monitoring. Who knows what strategy is being used at the moment by the Feds? However, I don't think they are choreographing their next move to the suspects. At least I hope, they are not that absent minded? Who knows, until more facts are available. In other words, they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If warrenb is correct, then it would have to be a false flag.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
DIDNT PLUCKY JUST TELL US ALL TO MOVE TO DENVER!?!?!?

............plucky.....yous got some 'splainin to do!!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
If warrenb is correct, then it would have to be a false flag.

You've never considered the idea that the Patriot Act is the very reason we know about these guys in the first place?

Oh, what am I saying? I must be stupid because EVERYTHING has to be a conspiracy.

My apologies, carry on.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hahaha... Fiction follows!!!

"Hundreds of FBI agents were spotted racing to a finish line on the opposite side of Denver, apparently giving close, but still too far, chase to a Megan Fox lookalike on a 1985 Mongoose 10 speed bike with elk horned handlebars in the reverse position... Agents expect to be peddling another 25 minutes of the 40 minute trek... A spokesperson for the FBI stated that "things should progress smoothly since Denver is not a major city and everybody knows everyone... Word gets around quick in these small towns! We'll get the fab 5 in third gear!" No further details at this time"

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Atlantican]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by veritech01

Sorry veritech, I was responding to warrenb. If his assumption is correct, then it would have to be a false flag op. I'm not saying that all attacks are false flag ops, but they have been known to have been conducted in the past.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Denver would be fine, it seems the focus of the attack was NY:

FBI officials are furious at Kelly over Monday's raids because the NYPD seemed intent on scaring off the cell - which is believed to be plotting a New York attack.

www.nydailynews.com...
it seems to me they blew this case, lost their terrorists and now they're basically announcing that they're watching these guys with the hopes that they won't do whatever it is they were planning.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Well that's reassuring.

My goodness, are we really paying these people to protect us?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

LOL gotta love reality TV!!!

I do think it's pretty stupid revealing the nature of the investigation. It's one part theater of the mind, no doubt. The question I have is if they are playing out a fictional threat in order to sideswipe a true investigation elsewhere. Say Atlanta was the real target and where the real cell is.

There's meat in this sausage but it ain't fully cooked.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963
Like they did with that North Korean ship that they were tracking, I wondered why they would go out on the air on MSM and say they were tracking this ship...

Odd.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma
Great they are letting 5 people roam around free but keeping them under surveillance.

No doubt. Airport travelers have to deal with more suspicion and inconvenience than that!

I agree, this seems like an unusual way to go about conducting an investigation. Most likely it would just postpone or re-route a planned attack.

Curious.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Well for one the military is trying to get 2/3 of the land in Colorado so an attack on Denver is likely, however Northcom and Norad are both in the area as well as DIA so any government personell would be relocated underground.

and for two... if there is another false flag attack to be compared to 9/11 or on a bigger scale..the attack itself would not likely be limited to one city, however Denver might be a place to start to make ready for military operations.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I see your point, that's typical cop behavior, let the perp roam around so they can collect more info.

Maybe they gave the news a fake name but they were pretty specific about it being someone from Queens traveling to Denver.

Unless the whole story about Denver is smoke and mirrors.

I don't see a terrorist in Denver saying 'oh they are just looking for Achmed and his cell, we have nothing to worry about, lets go grab some falafel.'

I think 100 Feds in the city would put any terrorist on alert and edgy.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
reply to post by Crakeur

Well that's reassuring.

My goodness, are we really paying these people to protect us?

Well, as an old friend used to say, when something's going on, you call in the First Buncha Idiots (FBI) and in my state, if that doesn't work, you can call in the Second Buncha Idiots (SBI).

Something isn't right with the story they are telling, but in true ATS fashion, I'm sure we'll find out here before we find out from the MSM.

[edit on 9/15/09 by opal13]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Let's not forget the potential fallout (bad term I know) from such a blunder. Someone will finally get their wish of dismantling or discrediting the FBI.

So what would people be calling for in response?

"We need a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded [as the military]"

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

We have one....

It's called Google Earth.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Denver would be a great place to stage a terrorist attack. It's a major hub of distribution for businesses all over the country. Take airlines for example........it's a huge connect for flights to and from both the east and west coast. It's middle America as much as St. Louis or any other midwest city. Terrorists want to make Americans feel that it's not just the coasts or big cities like NY that are vulnerable. Why can't terrorists do something useful for the American people and bomb the Federal Reserve banks.

The FBI botched 9/11. They pretty much had the major players in their sights and screwed up. If it happens again they will be looked upon as complete and utter incompetents.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I don't think this is being done for expansion of the Patriot Act. It's there, it's not going anywhere, most people don't even think about it anymore. They don't need a terrorist attack or a false flag (IMO) to quietly steal what is left of our civil liberties.
I think this is for real. I'm a NYer. I live in Queens. Personally, if I were part of a terror cell, I'd take out the NY city subway during rush hour. Easy to do. Depending on when and where you hit, the potential for deaths and casualties could easily exceed 9/11 (especially if you hit a few places at the same time). Plus, if you hit key stations you'd screw the NY economy really good as commuting would become a total bitch. There's so little security it wouldn't take much of an effort to pull off.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join