It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Thousands of Dolphins Murdered

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

If we can't treat the other creatures of this earth right, how our we ever going to fix our humanitarian problems?

Ooh, I think you got that so close.
Should say 'if we cant treat our brothers right, how do you expect we will treat our animals?'

Believe me, I think people are as evil as you, but they still come before animals to me. I bet to you too. I just really think before we complain about this we should go to Africa. And from there rest of world. And after were all good, Ill fight for the animals with ya. Dont think I am not for animal rights I have been in my share of groups. I just think hypocritical when there are PEOPLE starving and being slaughterred. I still wont give up meat though

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
If we're so worried about animals all of a sudden, perhaps we should pay more attention to the de-forestation of the dwindling rainforests across the globe. We could save a few million species easy! And what about the chemicals we keep dumping into the groundwater? That's going to adversely affect our environment, the local animals, AND the people in the area. And what about the massive island of plastic floating in the pacific? Maybe we should do something about that, perhaps consider laying off on making EVERYDAMNTHING out of plastic???

I sympathize with those who are big dolphin lovers, it's horrible to see anything that you find that beautiful and special brutally slaughtered for no apparent reason. But I think we need to take stock via the bigger picture and decide who/what/where is being hurt the most RIGHT NOW and start changing things there!

On a seperate note, those advocating vegan/vegetarian lifestyles....I respect your opinions, but human beings are omnivores, anybody with any knowledge of anatomy/biology/dentistry could give you the reasons why. Hint: Consider the way in which our jaws are constructed, the kind of teeth that we have in our melons.

Btw, it has been proven that plant-life has certain biological responses that indicate there may be some form of sentience there. As ridiculous as that may sound to you, keep in mind that we humans do not even know what "consciousness" is or where it comes from in ourselves.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
HHmfffphphfff............!
The human nature prob would be a novel prob 2 approach with honesty,with opn eyes.

If one was to approach it honestly,with real intention to make change,correction if you will..........

One would be a terrorist.

Just look around you......

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Why is it that we humans see this as horrific, but don't even bat an eye at the million of fish killed everyday.

Did the dolphins go to waste? I doubt it.

Are dolphins better than fish?

What's the porpoise of freaking out about it.

I know, my wife loves dolphins to.

I just find it odd that we value some animals more than others.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Oddly enough, it seems that some of the most intelligent and creative
people end up with this "who cares, let 'em die" attitude. Probably
because they are shrewd enough to see what really is going on in this
world. That plus the world offers little opportunity for their talents
to be appreciated.

I think the people who are being callous here have a legitimate
reason for doing so. It's a natural reactionto living in a F*****
up world where killing and cruelty have become the norm. It isn't
easy to hang on to your humanity or your empathy for other living
beings these days - society is trying to make us all into empty shells
that were once humans. People that think or feel don't make very
good citizens or workers since they just can't seem to follow orders!

If these word apply to you know that you are in grave danger. Go
ahead and laugh at the notion - that's natural too, but in a quiet
moment you will know that I am right. Are you really happy or are
you just hanging on to your own smugness because you're afraid
without it you will be exposed for the vulnerable caring, feeling
person that you actually are?

You're ok, you've just been mislead. Treat others as you would
have them treat you, then extend that idea to all life. I think
you'll be happier with yourself and life, it worked for me anyway.
You can let your guard down, there are other thinking and feeling
humans out here who will stand by you.
Regards.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ask The Animals

Agreed, it is the desensitization of generations which show us the trend towards devolving rather than evolving, if we are to become a Type one society there are many levels which need to be addressed first.

Awareness never hurt anyone, but turning your head to the truth of the world around you will. What goes around really does come around.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Dolphins are proven to be a highly intelligent species,they have even save countless human lives. I would consider them to be one of the most prized marine animals ever. It is despicable that the Japanese would stoop this low,i thought they had a little more respect for nature. I'm sure Waken Tanka will not be happy.Maybe he will send them a nice typhoon!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CASH69

Yes indeed they do every year in the form of public pressure

SO many people forget that Public Pressure can change at minimum some thought.

Its a great study to know that posting a Sea Sheperd video here on ATS will not receive a S*F LOL

Trumpets of power very rarely make friends as is evident with "Obama killing the world" LOL

See ya all in the Antarctic next year if you are game to

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingswillquiver

Are dolphins better than fish?
What's the porpoise of freaking out about it.

Now that's a funny typo!!!

Originally posted by Mpriebe81
Btw, it has been proven that plant-life has certain biological responses that indicate there may be some form of sentience there. As ridiculous as that may sound to you, keep in mind that we humans do not even know what "consciousness" is or where it comes from in ourselves.

I am so glad you brought that up. I've been meaning to post about this in several threads. No matter what you consume, something had to be killed to do it.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
All I can say is, is that its awful. My girlfriends big into dolphins, she keeps nagging me to take her to Ontario for that amusement park and when I showed her this she cried, she just broke into tears. Star and Flag for you man, great find.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this up!
This message has got to be spread.

Gotta translate this film into russian.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GCDrift

I am so sorry about your GF and her pain, I do understand, please give her some hugs from me and tell her to never give up hope on Humanity or our ability to evolve.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mysteralex

Please do get this translated into Russian, we are fast becoming a one world people and one day we will represent the people Earth and not just fractions of our potentials in warring states of disaray.

We stand uinited on the little issues and one day we stand united as a planet of higher consciousness on all the issues.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Somamech

It pains me also to see this kind of movement, sometimes I am so touched by a link that I forget to star it.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Oops that last post was not meant for you, but I love your energy so I starred you anyway.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by venividivici

Originally posted by antar
Hundreds of thousands of Dolphins Murdered in a small sleepy town masqurading as a Dolphin friendly cove!

This documentary needs to become so public that the horrific town in Japan becomes notorious as the "Auschwitz of the East".

www.truthout.org...

dude, it's callous to compare the slaughter of human beings to the slaughter of dolphins.

why?
and I want a serious answer.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by antar

I find your passion commendable but I still think it's unfair for any of
us to impose our values on others. Peoples in the jungles of the equatorial
regions regularly kill and eat apes and monkeys (our closest relatives)
Does this make them immoral as well?
First off, it is compassion, not "a passion" that antar is expressing. No values are being imposed except conservation, which is what the eskimos do. They use all of the whale, seal, whatever they catch. The peoples of the jungles do not mass slaughter their food supply. They are much smarter than that.
The do not commercialize their resources en mass. Indians used all of the buffalo.
They are not immoral, as animals are our natural food just as vegetation is.
There is a balance in nature.

I read in the article where some dolphins were selected to be sent to
aquariums worldwide. While my gut reaction to seeing any wild creature
locked in a cage or pool (in this case) is negative there is still the
argument that these animals are being sacrificed to help educate people
(particularly inner-city kids) and bring nature up close. These zoos and
aquariums bring people face to face with the beauty of nature up close to
millions who would otherwise never see them. In so doing we create a
constituency that will help support environmental efforts. People learn to
care about nature and by extension, man. It's still a cruel fate for any
wild animal yet it fills a great need in our world.
a laughable excuse. Tell the families to go out in the woods and see the animal in their natural habitat, not some set created for their own personal lazy enjoyment.
Taking animals out of their natural environment, creating an artificial one, and enslaving them for our yearly outing is pathetic. Support environmental efforts?
in what way. By providing the zoo we devalue all attempts at respecting the animal. Education? People need to go out in their own environment and be educated. What useful info is there on the panda in North American living? Why feed an elephant peanuts? Go to Africa.

kill what they need and grow the rest. Just as we all 'should'.
Will it ever happen? Only with the decline of our capitalist consumerism of wastefulness and laziness and irresponsibility.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Thank you seagrass, so true, and the real problem with this article and subsequent investigation of horror is not that the people in the cove that continue their time honored tradition, but that the real reason behind it is not capturing hundreds of POds as in days of old to supplement the village for food and medicines, it has become a violent act against nature in the most heinous of practice, and then, then they are inviting elites to come and choose the ones they want for profit! Hundreds of years ago if the villagers knew it would be disrespected in this manner they would have stopped it.

How many of the villagers receive Money from this sale? It is always the few who profit and not the many, especially in dark worlds of evil. How many of the Dolphin murders have a conscience about what they are doing to this sentient species of fellow earthlings?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Killing these very intelligent creatures is abhorrent. I hope The Cove documentary gets a lot of exposure.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Sad, really sad to see that humans cannot coexist with other creatures, damn they can´t even coexist with themselves!
But it´s good to know that those dolphins goed to a better place so it´s
Dolphins 1- Humans 0

But i still think this people should be punished for making those poor dolphins suffer.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by Bildeberg]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join