It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Thousands of Dolphins Murdered

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Sea Shepherd:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
the dolphin who happens to be the closest related mammal to us the humans.

I believe the Bonobo Chimpanzee is the closest. No Marine Mammal is related to us.

Bonobo's not only will choose meat over other food when they have a choice, they have wars and engage in cannibalism. Should we emulate our true closest relatives in nature and start eating our kills on the battlefield?

Dolphins are Carnivores. They kill for food as do all Marine Mammal's. Does this video show Dolphins killing in packs or is it sanitized to give a false impression of Dolphins as cute cuddly little critters? Perhaps a real video of them playing with their prey like a ball while killing for sport? They do that you know? Kill for sport I mean.

Perhaps if all those who claim to care would put their energy into helping this village replace the Dolphins with another food supply? Maybe help them set up some fish farms? That would give you credibility. Otherwise? Ive never seen any so called environmental activists lift a finger to help solve things with real solutions. Just lots of lies and misrepresentations to collect money for their causes. None of the money they raise is ever used to solve problems. They are experts at causing problems for which they offer no viable solutions however. All complaints, no solutions, just like the government.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Its about replacing food chains in the ocean

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I am not sure when Dolphin was on the menu in such a large scale ???

Along with Sharks for that matter ?

Its always sad to know the Pet food Industry is one of the largest consumers of seafood for felines.. WTF ???

Go Humans you know best

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Actually,

I endorse this type of behavior because when we don't have dolphins, sharks, and whales anymore, the japs won't be able to find any.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Somamech

Clearly part of it is financial. I'd imaging they get good money for this delicacy in their culture.

Like I said, if people are serious come up with a way for them to replace this food and money resource or leave them alone. Unless these activists do that they are just complaining to hear the sound of their own voices and to generate donations to pay their salaries.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
people being upset over it just makes me want to eat them more

I've eaten whale
Next up: Dolphins/Horses/Dogs

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Killed, yes. Murdered?

LOL

Auswich of the East?

PATHETIC!

No wonder Peta still can't attract enough members after so many years.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
What the hell is wrong with asians?
For such a smart people, they have no common sense.

Funny how politically correct westerners talk about "common sense."

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by modern

I love you. Will you marry me?

Anyhoo, I've eaten dog meat. It was delicious! Dog meat is probably the most fragrant meat there is. How aromatic!

Though it was accidental. We thought it was goat meat. I'll never eat dog again. Not because they are cute/cuddly/smart creatures that pathetic lonely westerners use for companionship. But because dogs and cats are dirty. They are full of parasites. If they weren't they're fair game to me.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Ya know what? FORGET THE DOLPHINS!!
WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE?
Too many of us are using this thread as
an excuse to try to inflict
pain or guilt on others.

How about some common courtesy?
I thought we were COLLECTIVELY
trying to rise above that sort of partisanship
here on ATS.

If you don't believe me go read the guidelines
for ATS. You agreed to it as part of this
COMMUNITY.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Somamech

Clearly part of it is financial. I'd imaging they get good money for this delicacy in their culture.

Like I said, if people are serious come up with a way for them to replace this food and money resource or leave them alone. Unless these activists do that they are just complaining to hear the sound of their own voices and to generate donations to pay their salaries.

Hmm well I know people are serious about IT :wow

Search DSTO and Whales

www.google.com.au...=en&q=DSTO+Whales&meta=&fp=8c424e7b4f85c6fc

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Thankyou Antar,

maybe this causes so much angst because Dolphins are probably our closest friends in the sea. They deal in love. They connect with human beings on so many levels. I have been in the water with them many times, they have always amazed me and once chased/directed a very big shark away from me. I have felt their minds, they are as interested in us as we are of them.

they remind us of us. I f we lived in the sea rather than the land that's who we would be. We are no better, no worse.

Saying this, Dolphins do a similar thing to fish. round them up and smack the sh#t out of them before they go in for slaughter. Its methodical and ruthless. Do they talk about it after? dont know but they need it, i dont think they can eat seaweed.

we can, and we can think and talk about these things and why we do it and so we have a responsibility to start to decide what we can live with and what we cant. Somewhere down the track we are related and one day we might need them to teach us things we never thought imaginable.

Culture, should we tread on their culture, the japanese. well, maybe we need a new culture for human beings as a whole. But Culture is not our friend.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This was already posted before... I dont see how it is somehow 'sadder' than others except that too many are killed. It is a way of life. Japanese eat pretty much everything from the sea including the most poisonous thing in the world.

Life feeds on life... this. is. NECESSARY.

Well maybe not in such high numbers.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Very sad yes, but why do people think it's acceptable to slaughter cows and pigs for food but not dolphins? Or the other furry animals used for coats and other stuff?

I hope everyone who is gushing over how sad this is, doesn't regularly consume any meat culled by the human hand.

You can't have double standards regarding this issue. Just because cows and pigs are not as 'mystical' and gracious doesn't mean they should be forgotten.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by d'morgan

I did not see people on this thread talk about how it is ok to slaughter any animal, what I have tuned into here is a really awesome group of like minded good hearted people who care about many things happening in the world today which are unacceptable to the extreme.

This is yet another example of the callous cruelty happening on a planet where so many people are really waking up and wanting to take responsibility on many levels.

From the posts I have seen of yours I would say you are also one who cares deeply and passionately about a variety of issues.

This just makes me sick and I am sure you would agree. It is not the only issue that has me floored at the insensitivity of our world, but it is a thread dedicated to this one unforgiving act of cruelty.

With enough outcry, it can change and that is a beautiful thing.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I just read back to where I left off and have to say I am so touched by the many posts that were not even stared but showed such love and compassion for the Dolphins herded into this little village cove.

When I make the thread about the coming shifting of the earths axis, and how the way we think and resonate our message from the depths of our true nature will affect how we land in the new paradigm, I hope to see you all there because I do have good news to share to the open and kind heart that like me suffers so much that I have to shut down and tune out sometimes.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
This is yet another example of the callous cruelty happening on a planet where so many people are really waking up and wanting to take responsibility on many levels.

Yes there are many cruel happenings on this planet. Dolphins should be on the bottom of your and everyone elses list until the human problems are solved.

There are what, 50 million human refugees in the world, 5 million of Darfur and 4 million of Palestine alone, plus millions across the Kazakh region, hell all of Africa has countless... but they're not as cute as dolphins.

As someone said comparing it to Auschwitz is disgusting...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I am assuming that those disgusted by this are all vegan or some form of plant eater only?

I agree, it is savage. But I cannot judge any of this because my nature as a carnivore contributes to this. Imagine all of the other animals in this world that we exploit? Millions upon millions of them. There only purpose is the be born so we can consume them. That in it of itself is cruel.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I agree it's unacceptable. When I hear about things like this, I feel so helpless and can't bare to know that this and other cruelty goes worldwide everyday, for example the live skinning of animals for fur. I feel ashamed to be a part of this race sometimes. I haven't seen 'The Cove' yet and don't plan to. I know what goes on but it's heart breaking to watch.

The thing that makes me sick to my stomach is people like the couple on this page who obviously aren't phased by what goes on.

Originally posted by modern
people being upset over it just makes me want to eat them more

I've eaten whale
Next up: Dolphins/Horses/Dogs

To me, you either have no soul or you're a very sick, sick person. I think you need psychiatric help big time.

Originally posted by Ridhya
Yes there are many cruel happenings on this planet. Dolphins should be on the bottom of your and everyone elses list until the human problems are solved.

If we can't treat the other creatures of this earth right, how our we ever going to fix our humanitarian problems?

Good thread antar.

[edit on 16/9/09 by dmorgan]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join