It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Thousands of Dolphins Murdered

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
As Gandhi said, you can judge the level of civilization a country has reached by the way it treats its animals.

Please note that civilization to me is determined by the behaviour and virtues of people, not just material wealth.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by venividivici

Science has proven that dolphins are most closely related to humans. Don't believe me check out the studies, including www.paulapeterson.com/dolphin_human_connection.html
So, to compare the killing of dolphins to humans is actually quite appropriate. Please check out the facts before you speak or write.
Killing Dolphins (or any animal) is a horrific crime. The Japanese are notoriously known for their callous and cold demeanor. This should be national news so people know just how rotten they are!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Actually I believe unless recent data shows otherwise, the rhesus monkey is the closest mammal to humans.
animals.nationalgeographic.com...

Close enough that some blood components are compatible with humans. The Rh in Rh factor of blood typing comes from antibodies that were originally developed using this primate.

That said, I love and have been fortunate to swim with several atlantic bottle nosed dolphin; got to know one fairly well on Sugarloaf Key. I don't think we should slaughter any species that has the potential to communicate with humans.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
On the other hand, I also do not think that all these mammals are just here to poop in the woods.

I do enjoy some meat in my diet and physically seem to perform better with a high protein fuel from red meat.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
omg thanks for bringing this to light, its absolutely disgusting what happens in the world and how long these horrendous things can go on for without anyone even knowing about it!!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
And yet another reason why ATS is killing ATS.

What was the motive behind this??? Maybe these dolphins were out raping and killing other fish? Maybe they were all swimming while intoxicated....who knows...

But of course it has to be "evil men" who kill for no reason. Maybe they were killed just because they were dolphins. This could be a bias crime. Lets stop the world and create some more stupid laws to protect some dumb fish who offer nothing other than maybe they taste good.

I for one would love to come home and put 40-60 pounds of dolphin meat in my freezer........

I wonder would you deep fry a dolphin?
Would you Bake it????
Would you Boil it????

Are there any dolphin cook books??????

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This one is my personal favorite for preservation and research regarding our marine friends.www.sarasotadolphin.org...

This is a program operated by:www.mote.org...

These folks have been around almost as long as I. Their primary goal is research, education, and conservation of the near shore marine ecology and specifically aquatic mammals.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I don't agree with this either but why single this one particular episode out?

People sit down at their feasts of meat, murdered down the road by someone else, everyday.

It's all abhorrent.

Often the act is carried out by so called "spiritual" or "religious" people, an oxymoron of life, no?

If you're going to start a thread like this you should first stop eating meat, and then make sure you're covering everything...

...not just dolphins!

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Stanton Dowd]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by venividivici

Originally posted by antar
Hundreds of thousands of Dolphins Murdered in a small sleepy town masqurading as a Dolphin friendly cove!

This documentary needs to become so public that the horrific town in Japan becomes notorious as the "Auschwitz of the East".

www.truthout.org...

dude, it's callous to compare the slaughter of human beings to the slaughter of dolphins.

I agree, one species risks extinction, the other species does it (slaughtering) ALL THE TIME. You don't hear about dolphins killing other dolphins often, do you? Dolphins don't kill humans either. Callous indeed.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Dolphins are my absolute favorite creature in the world. I have personally fed wild dolphins I mean they literally came up to me in the water and took food out of my hand. They wern't trained or anything but wild, wild and beautiful. They are amazing gentle animals and this makes me so very sad.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I was hoping this wouldn't be the case but it looks like it has
turned out this way, 2 sides in diametric opposition who resort
to personal attacks. emotional baiting and propaganda to defend
their positions. I think that is sad.
The great thing about ATS is that we can build bridges across
these gaps and hopefully come away more enlightened.

Some people here feel very strong emotions for dolphins, please
try and respect that. If you're a dolphin lover try to understand
that your feelings are not universal and that you are trying to
impose a cultural value that is not shared by all.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T is what I am asking of those who comment here.
This can be a sensitive subject for some. 'Nuff said.

I have been on both sides of these issues myself. I grew up in a
family with a strong hunting and fishing background. Later, I rejected
my parent's values and went to the opposite extreme - I went vegan
and participated in hunt sabotage and some other things that I
probably shouldn't mention. I came full circle back to where I do
hunt and fish again but with a different perspective - to always give
respect to wildlife and never be wasteful. I try my best to avoid any
factory farmed meat as I believe that wild game has at least had a
natural existence and is not tortured as factory farmed animals are.

Just a couple of tidbits I thought I'd throw out:

Dolphins don't "smile", their mouth is shaped for maximum efficiency
in catching fish. dolphins are a top predator.

Dolphins do attack their own species but the reason is generally
one of two things: To remove a sick member away from the pod,
or to keep a strange dolphin from joining their pod. There are also
fights over dominance in mating rights as with all other mammals.

It may take dolphins 30 years to sexually mature but some of the
larger pelagic fish like tuna take 40 years or longer to mature.

The world's fisheries are depleting at a fantastic rate and within 50
years will be gone at present harvesting levels.

Finally I would encourage everyone to find some creature in nature
that they find repulsive or think is useless and seek the beauty
within it. Know that every species is a gift to this earth and we
should show respect for all living beings. Lastly, I would encourage
all to give thanks to some outside creative force for every meal -
it was a gift from the earth to keep YOU alive and that YOU are a
gift to the planet too. Use your gift wisely.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I am off for the day but wanted to thank so many of you for your kind remarks and the informative links, I will be back later to actually link and read more about these amazing creatures of the aquatic world.

On a side note, I dont know where I have read about Dolphins actually being closer to us than any other mammal, sorry if i have made a mistake, but spiritually speaking there is a definate resonance with these exceptional beings of light.

As for the cruelty of certain members, you have made your point and your insensitive remarks do nothing but create negativity for you in future threads and posts herre, the members at ATS/BTS have long memories.

There are issues which deeply affect us all, we are human and everyone has that certain one that touches our humanity on very deep levels.

Just be open to the karma you create when you come into a thread where people are profoundly moved by something such as the sensless slaughter of hundreds of thousands of Dolphins over many years, at one time it may have been a tradition which was honored for the uses of the animals, but today it is just over the top inhumane treatment which they know is wrong on every single level, we know this because of them hiding the fact.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomfrusso
I for one would love to come home and put 40-60 pounds of dolphin meat in my freezer........

I wonder would you deep fry a dolphin?
Would you Bake it????
Would you Boil it????

Are there any dolphin cook books??????

Actually, there is. I have one on my shelf at home. You need to search for a tradition Hawaiian cookbook. The one I have has an entire chapter dedicated to dolphin recipes.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Hey, really I love dolphins and I don't think they should be killed by the hand of man. I believe they should be left alone to carry on their nefarious deeds in sea. They really are intelligent you know.

Researchers rescue baby sharks from their dolphin tormenters

“When dolphins tire of manmade toys, they have no problem with using baby sharks as a volleyball, officials at a Florida research center said….occasionally, baby nurse sharks find their way into the lagoons and staff have to rescue them from the dolphins”

They are so cute and cuddly. Do you remember the show Flipper? Wasn't that a cool show? I loved it and that is how I was groomed to believe that they are harmless. I loved that show as a young boy.

Evidence Puts Dolphins in New Light, as Killers

Everybody loves dolphins, those playful models of animal wisdom, celebrated for protecting shipwrecked sailors and spending their days frolicking happily in the waves. Movies, television and water shows feature their antics. Nowadays, thousands of tourists swim with dolphins, captive and wild, with more signing up every day to commune with their animal intelligence. Most recently, a variety of organizations have sprung up that offer tours to places like the Florida Keys, the Azores and New Zealand, where participants can swim with wild dolphins and, brochures proclaim, experience emotional healing and spiritual awakening. But scientists, following a trail of bloody clues, are discovering that dolphins are far from the happy, peaceful creatures that humans think they know. Growing evidence shows that the big animals, up to 12 feet long, are killing fellow mammals in droves, wielding their beaks as clubs and slashing away with rows of sharp teeth. Dolphins have been found to bludgeon porpoises to death by the hundreds. Unlike most animal killers, which eat their prey, dolphins seem to have murderous urges unrelated to the need for food.

luna.pos.to...

Seriously, I believe that they should be left alone. They have so much to offer us humans in terms of societal behavior and the such. I love them.

The dark side of dolphin behavior

It is already common knowledge that dolphins are one of the few species to have intercourse for fun. Their methods, however, are not often brought up. When male dolphins are "in the mood," they will group together and steer a female away from the pod. The males will then repeatedly have forced intercourse with the female, essentially raping her. If she tries to break away from them, they will beat her, using their echo-location to aim. This is only one of the unknown traits of dolphins.

www.helium.com...

Leave them be. Their quest for world domination will soon become clear to us all. Bow to your dolphin over lords!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c96c2dcde1d8.jpg[/atsimg]

He's watching us. He's watching us all.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
If those people were intent on using the dolphins for consumption -- and I mean ALL of them, EVERY BIT OF THEM! Then I would not think twice about such an act.

However, this is not the case, and reading stories like these just makes me want to cry.

S&F -- we're battling monsters on many fronts.

Respect & Love

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Eh, sucks they're killin' dolphins, but it's no more tragic than anything else on the news nowadays. The only thing that really disturbs me about this town is that they do it dishonestly, something that seems very out of place for Japanese culture

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Ask The Animals

Ok here's the thing, hundreds of years ago, not to mention thousands, we were IGNORANT of our global species specifically the dolphin who happens to be the closest related mammal to us the humans.

Um...that's just dumb. Primates are the closest related mammal to us the humans.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Centurionx
You sound like a very cutthroat person, and are'nt we herbivores?
So you're saying we survive because we slaughter a $hitton of dolphins?

We are omnivores sorry about the typo! Slaughtering a #ton of dolphins is akin to slaughtering a #ton of cattle. That’s what I am saying. Dolphins are to that town as Cattle are to Texas. Slaughter is just part of life, albeit hidden from public view.

Did you know the Chinese Dog breed, the Chow Chow was bred for more than two thousand years for it tender delicious meat, and useful hide? The Asiatic demand for these dogs is higher than ever too. Why, Its not for pets friend. In fact if you ever get any leather that was made in China, there is a good chance that it is Chow Chow leather.

I know you will hate this, but we are seeing many many whales these days, I imagine that very soon we will see increased whale hunts as well.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
damn it ! >.< it makes me very angry/sad to see that kinda Stuff + every dolphin that is keeping captivity i dont LIKE think a better way to do money then someones lives. i can undestand if you fish FISH to eat but for makeing money to get theyr asses more cofy its no good i am very agains this cruelty and japanies little ppl ping pong paaa wtf well i know them i been studying japanese 9years how they act/eat/social life/Politics/innercircle/etc.. they take & make but they do it just better and they are very persisten race of humans hups do i sound like racial!? lol am not Color of your face dont matter to me but how you act it will ! peace out let the life flourish!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This is very upsetting indeed. I am going to have a look at this thread again in detail when I get the time, in the meantime, just to say - it's horrifying, and to think these dolphins have bigger brains than humans. They're completely self-aware, feel pain and distress; this has got to stop.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join