Hundreds of Thousands of Dolphins Murdered

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by maus80

I agree growing grain to feed to animals is about as good of use as making fuel from it. Especially since most grain is fertilized with petrochemicals. To be clear, it's a waste. But to be fair, whatever the cow doesn't use it turns into fertilizer.

I like my meat wild or free-ranged. Any part of the plant that the critter doesn't use gets pooped right back out onto next season's crop, instead of washed down a drain at a factory farm.

In Alabama we have spear hunting for deer and feral hogs, it gets you in touch with your primal side.

Sorry for the threadjack.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
Sorry, but I eat meat. How does that not make me an omnivore (since I eat plants too).

You do know your body gets accustomed to eating raw/cooked meat? Since many people prefer cooked meat, our bodies never experience raw meat and that is why we can not do what you listed.

I am still missing your point. It is like saying if a human can not use the resources of the earth to make a building, we should not be allowed to do so...such as fire (in order to cook) and meat.

So, tell me I am not an omnivore after I just chowed down a JUICY steak (with A1 sauce) and salad for dinner. I will continue eating and continue laughing.

I said humans aren't naturally omnivores. We don't have built in charcoal lighters. And I don't want to get into the semantics of us naturally developing the ability to burn stuff. I'm talking about biology.

If you think we can naturally ingest raw meat, good luck with the salmonella, E. Coli, parasites, etc. Our teeth and digestive system are built nothing like a natural carnivores.

I never said anything about whether or not humans should eat meat just because we can, you got that on your own. I was talking biology, not ethics.

When it comes to ethics, it's absolute fact that industrial farming is about turning affordable food for everyone into expensive food for those lucky enough to have access. Farm animals consume far more human-ingestible food than they produce, while using up extremely inefficient amounts of space.

An end to industrial animal farming could absolutely mean an end to world hunger.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
How does one "murder" a dolphin?

I don't know if you can compare this to Auschwitz and get away with it? How can the slaughter of a few dolphins see some tears shed and the slaughter of millions of Jews becomes simply a dry comparison?

Wow.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
And to preempt anyone talking about protein, muscle-mass, bone-density and all that - Responsible vegetarianism over veganism can prodive plenty of protein and calcium. It has also been well-proven that the human body absorbs calcium more efficiently when it comes from vegetable sources like Broccoli and legumes.

There is also the issue of Industrial Hemp. It's seeds are one of the most complete food sources on earth. If industrial farms in the USA were converted to hemp farms, we could literally feed the world. While avoiding pesticides/fertilizers, replenishing soil (hemp roots deep and pulls up minerals and other nutrients), and cleaning up the air(it grows to 16 feet tall and produces a ton of oxygen).

Sorry to somewhat derail the thread, but the notions that humans need meat, are entitled to it, or have any good reason other than desire and/or greed to consume it, are foul and wrong.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisisjacob23
How does one "murder" a dolphin?

I don't know if you can compare this to Auschwitz and get away with it? How can the slaughter of a few dolphins see some tears shed and the slaughter of millions of Jews becomes simply a dry comparison?

Wow.

I'm sorry, but if a youth is scared out of it's mind, freaking out because it's mother is bleeding out in front of it's eyes - the emotions are the same regardless of species.

The comparison is in the callousness and complete lack of respect for life, and it is an honest one if you consider us all Earthlings with the ability to love, hate, desire, and fear. Dolphins most definitely feel all of those emotions.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Oh noes! They killed thousands of players for the Miami Dolphins? Just when NFL season is starting too! What will we do????

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitemhard
Oh noes! They killed thousands of players for the Miami Dolphins? Just when NFL season is starting too! What will we do????

Dude, I think you are about to find out that this is not "that" kind of
forum.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Timing!

Evidence Points To Conscious 'Metacognition' In Some Nonhuman Animals

J. David Smith, Ph.D., a comparative psychologist at the University at Buffalo who has conducted extensive studies in animal cognition, says there is growing evidence that animals share functional parallels with human conscious metacognition -- that is, they may share humans' ability to reflect upon, monitor or regulate their states of mind.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by Ask The Animals

We now are supposedly more advanced, compassionate and intelligent.

We have watched so many become endangered, if we loose the dolphin we are doomed.

The Japanese can grow enough food to feed all their ppl.

The dolphin meat is big money is why they do it.

Some humans, like the monks formerly in Tibet, have moved beyond
these ways and some others around the world.

Until we grow out of this phase we will likely not be contacted
by alien life as one other astute poster pointed out.

It would be more healthy to eat nuts and other forms of protein
instead of cattle injected with growth hormones that is linked
with increases in cancer.

RBGH linked to cancer

All the big Agra farm additives should be investigated deeply and
independent of the corrupt influences like happened with Aspartame.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by venividivici
dude, it's callous to compare the slaughter of human beings to the slaughter of dolphins.

This coming from a human.
Just sayin'.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The analogy to Auschwitz was bad very bad, seriously not good.

But then again these are the Japanese. You ever study up on their history?

Look it up some time.Try typing in Rape of Nanjing. Research their invasion and annexing of the Korean peninsula.

How they treated American and allied POW's during WW2.

How many civilians they slaughtered in the countries they invaded.

For entertainment.

I think the greatest thing that our country ever did is nuke them twice.

To bad we didn't have more to use.

Should have turned the whole country in to glass.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by venividivici

dude, it's callous to compare the slaughter of human beings to the slaughter of dolphins.

I think that all depends on whether you are one of the dolphins

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

That was an outstanding article, thankyou my friend. This in particular was so revealing and appropriate for those who think that there is no connection to our metaphysical or paracognitive connection with animals such as the Dolphin.

Smith explains that metacognition is a sophisticated human capacity linked to hierarchical structure in the mind (because the metacognitive executive control processes oversee lower-level cognition), to self-awareness (because uncertainty and doubt feel so personal and subjective) and to declarative consciousness (because humans are conscious of their states of knowing and can declare them to others).

So many ultra sensitive people have for ever tuned into the heart chakra when in the presence of these intelligent mammals, that alone is a miraculous statistic.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
OK flame away people but what is the difference between killing
dolphins for food or any other animal? To put it this way let's say
you were a cattle rancher and hordes of japanese environmentalists
descended on your ranch and tried to stop you from the "senseless
slaughter" of their bovine friends?

The problem is that in our society it is viewed as acceptable to kill certain animals for food and it is condemned to kill certain others. While I think it is important to take a stand against the terrible practises displayed in the documentary, you have to remember there is no universal standard for how animals ought to be treated. For e.g. in China they eat dog flesh and cat flesh. We in the West see this as shocking whereas it is normal there.

There is a difference between going into international waters and killing whales/dolphins like the Japanese do, and doing what we do routinely in the West. Just remember that what we do here in the West is mostly indoors and away from public view.

P.S. I personally have much admiration and affection for dolphins because they are generally friendly, cute, intelligent animals that have been known to help lost humans find their way at sea in the past. Also to be clear: I am NOT a vegetarian and probably will never be one.

[edit on 16/9/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

I think that they are alot more sophisticated and living true to the 21st Century than you have them pictured in your mind, I mean they are as advanced and intelligent, educated as we are if not more so.

There is no excuse for this kind of terrorism and genocide.

I realize that they are Dolphins, but we as humans have a far greater ability for unrestrained compassion and empathy than an animal and that is why it is wrong on so many levels, they know what they are doing is wrong or they would advertise it, not try to hide it.

I think we do agree, just saying.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Where do you propose we draw the
line on what animals are ok to eat and which aren't?

Hey there,

How about we stop eating and killing the ones that show a sense of emotion and love! i.e. Dolphins, whales, apes, monkeys, dogs(wolves too), cats(big and small), pigs (I don't know if I can do this one though), most birds.

I see what you are saying, I guess Hindu people could be protesting and berating our cattle ranchers, Muslims/Jews our hog farmers although they don't worship pig, and Vegans for ANYTHING from an animal.

BUT the animals I listed in my opinion are elevated past all others.

[edit on (9/16/09) by gnosis111]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
It sickens me to see what humans will do for money.

This may have been something very traditional in old times, but today we are more aware and know we should do something about it.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

What a hypocritical answer... typical of ignorants. A dolphin is more innocent than others animals? Maybe coz he got a "smile" (i precise its why there is so much ******** that likes dolphins), ofc its not a real smile but try to make a **** understand that. Plus, every country of this world make suffer at least one species of animal. The meat you eat, for example, these animals have suffered way more than dolpins. Ofc you will answer me: "BUT BUT THEY were noooooo dolpins!!!". Stop the joke already

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

OK flame away people but what is the difference between killing
dolphins for food or any other animal?

Oh my Your ATS Name is soooo Ironic..

I have an idea, lets eat the starving Inuit! They will only suffer in the cold anyway so why not?

/sarcasm

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
UK Release on the 23rd October, take your friends and with their help make a difference and a change. Probably be on the Net before that

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join