It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Thousands of Dolphins Murdered

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I cannot watch this again. it kills me! I posted a link to my facebook account. I have never done that before, I hope its not against any rules. I hope even more it helps at least a little! thanks antar! s&f

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Dolphins are the dominant mental power of the ocean. This is a stones throw from cannibalism if intellect and similarities are the determining factor...a study on the habits of dolphins is very enlightening, from their forms of communication, history keeping methods, partnershiping and monogomy, sex for fun, playing, etc etc etc.

Now, I am not saying that dolphins are wet humans, I am simply comparing a evolutionary chart of land and sea...whales and dolphins are in competition for mental mastery.

I understand also that parts of the world are underdeveloped, will need to do things we in the west feel are barbaric, etc...and many will also defend such actions, but casting stones is one thing, offering solutions is another.

The question is, why are they doing that, and what could substitute their needs so they could rise up from it. its easy to point blame, but that accomplishes nothing. what is needed is a solution based on logic and understanding of the peoples needs.

Being negative on their actions is primative, ignorant, and common.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Interesting arguments here. I say that humans are above animals, and the only thing wrong with this is the fact that dolphins are not abundant & farmed like other domesticated species.

Hindus might say that we are enslaving & torturing cows, but there are almost 2 billion cows, so that's okay. . . well, the killing & eating of cows is legitimate, not the torture-lifestyle of commercially-raised cows.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Sad thing......

but,

Sdog beat ya to the punch, Antar......

The Cove

Great discussion in that thread.

-Dev

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

to even compare cattle to dolphins is assanine. Do You have ANY idea how they round up these dolphins? There method alone shows how barbaric it is!
They will herd these dolphins into a cove, and cut a few dolphins and keep them in the water. this makes it so the rest of the dolphins wont leave, because a dolphin WILLNOT leave a wounded pod member/family member.

I dont condone the killing of cattle either, although I do eat meat. I am trying very hard to stop eating meat that is mass produced. I think it is wrong, and I want to stop, for me! Once in a while is one thing, but the amount of killing that goes on every year to feed us "fatassed" americans is insane! if you think there is nothing wrong with it, then I am sorry for you. it is out of hand! EAT MORE VEGGIES!

and I agree 110% with saturnfx

[edit on 15-9-2009 by AKARonco]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Us humans seem to think we own the planet and all that lives on it. dolpins are just the tip of the iceberg, look what we are doing to the orangutan in our demand for palm oil. the panda, tiger etc are all endangered species, we treat our food animals no better than a cog in a wheel.
Despite apparently being the most evolved species we are hell bent on wiping each other off the face of the earth, what chance does any other creature have.

I agree with other posters this and all other attrocities makes me ashamed of being part of the human race.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I don't see why the Japs can't just live off of fish that are not considered exotic.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
I don't see why the Japs can't just live off of fish that are not considered
exotic.

According to researchers the world will run out of fish in the next few decades. One day there will only be us humans left, guess we will hunt and eat each other

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
I cant watch documentaries like this. This is exactly the kind of news I dont want to know.

If I had the power, I would probably send the men responsible to a Chinese jail for 10 years, even though I know causing them pain wont help a thing. But I believe it would make me feel better.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Copernicus]

Jail is too good. They should simply be put down like the animals they are.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Murdered huh? They harvest them every year friend. They make great food stuffs! We are after all carnivores, do you understand the concept? It’s not by the principles of humanity that humankind is able to survive and hold its self above the animal world but solely by the means of things just like this. Go and visit some slaughter houses here in America. What’s the real difference?

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Star and flag, I need to bring myself to watch it, I'm not sure if I can stomach it. Dolphins are awesome! How could anyone hurt them, let alone kill them by the thousands!!??

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
That's soo horrible killing those intelligent creatures sad to say some humans are barrbaric.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I believe killing an animal should only be done if it is used for food or supplies.

That is all there is to it IMO.

This is why the world is different...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
You know what the worst thing is to me?
We actually enjoy it, thrive on it and proudly teach it to our young 'uns!
Dont think it never happens here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We celebrate it, brag about it and hang it from our mancave wall to gloat over again and again. A morbid form of window dressing.
We use it as a way to mask our own inadequacies and self doubt, I'm sure.
A way to cover up our obvious lack in other areas!

We obviously get off on the ego trip it provides, and it seems we have some serious control issues among others.
Yet we think its all normal. As well as having no conscience.

Unless we overcome these primitive and barbaric tendancies,
we will have failed the lesson of advancement as a species.
It is all chaos, war and a fight for the remaining resources now.
(Including the animals)
We know nothing else, or even want to try to evolve.
We think we already are!

Enjoy what you have now, for we really are doomed.
If an asteroid doesnt get us, our inhumanity ironically will, eventually.
We have proven we cannot be trusted left to our own devices.
Especially when it comes to war and killing.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I think Denis Leary summed it up best when he said.....

"Man 1: Don't eat the tuna fish!

Man 2: Why not?

Man 1: Because Dolphins are getting caught in the nets!!!!!!

Man 2: Well what about the Tuna Fish?

Man 1: F@#! them, they taste good!"

Where do we draw the line? At cute? Think about it. It's why I stopped eating meat.

Pain doesn't go away just because you are unable to demonstrate some sort of intelligence.

2 pennies

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
Murdered huh? They harvest them every year friend. They make great food stuffs! We are after all carnivores, do you understand the concept? It’s not by the principles of humanity that humankind is able to survive and hold its self above the animal world but solely by the means of things just like this. Go and visit some slaughter houses here in America. What’s the real difference?

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

You sound like a very cutthroat person, and are'nt we herbivores?
So you're saying we survive because we slaughter a $hitton of dolphins?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by venividivici

Originally posted by antar
Hundreds of thousands of Dolphins Murdered in a small sleepy town masqurading as a Dolphin friendly cove!

This documentary needs to become so public that the horrific town in Japan becomes notorious as the "Auschwitz of the East".

www.truthout.org...

dude, it's callous to compare the slaughter of human beings to the slaughter of dolphins.

Check out corporate factory farming.

Humans or not, no living creature should have to endure what those chickens do...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
1. any of you that eat meat and get upset by this, please stfu and go post elswhere. you are a self hating hypocrite.
2. this is indeed disgusting and sick. but no sicker than any other form of meat.
3. people = #

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I know the Chinese have been doing this to dolphins for years, slicting off the fins and letting the poor helpless carcass sink to the bottom of the ocean to die a slow death.
For what?
...just so that other people can see how successful and rich they are because they eat shark fin soup?
And it's gonna get worse as more and more chinese become afluent.

What the hell is wrong with asians?
For such a smart people, they have no common sense.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Hundreds of thousands of Dolphins Murdered in a small sleepy town masqurading as a Dolphin friendly cove!

This documentary needs to become so public that the horrific town in Japan becomes notorious as the "Auschwitz of the East".

www.truthout.org...

Dolphins are highly intelligent. We should be protecting them for the same reason we criminalize the killing of higher primates like chimps and gorillas. God forbid we should nuke ourselves off the face of the Earth, I am counting on a dolphin Indiana Jones to desecrate my grave to display my bones in a dolphin museum. Just don't call him Junior.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join