It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India is 'losing Maoist battle'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

India is 'losing Maoist battle'

news.bbc.co.uk

India's Prime Minister Manmohan Singh says his country is losing the battle against Maoist rebels.

The rebels say they are fighting for the rights of the poor.

They operate in a large swathe of territory across central India, and in some areas have almost replaced the local government.

More than 6,000 people have been killed during their 20-year fight for a communist state.

"Dealing with left-wing extremism requires a nuanced strategy - a holistic approach. It cannot be treated si
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I am fairly sure that China has sent these people just as the west sent Al Qaeda.

Maoists are Chinese basically and maoism is an offshoot of Marxism.

Maoists are NOT at all fighting for poverty, these people go into impoverished ares promising false hopes and recruit the people, that's how they are growing basically.

But I was suprised to hear the prime minister speak like the DHS talking about right-wing extremism.
God I hate that word

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Oh come on,
the west sent al queda?

get real the al queda organization is just culmination of 150 years of reactionary islamic ideology.

India has been ripe for a hardcore marxist revolution for generations.
The chinese are no doubt behind the moaists.
I wish india luck in stamping out moaism, it is a political trojan horse, that eventually enslaves the workers for the benefit of the party elite.

new topics

join