It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: ACORN Illegally Operating in Maryland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Exclusive: ACORN Illegally Operating in Maryland

Linkism

Last week, we saw some pretty disturbing activities revealed in the undercover footage from ACORN Housing’s Baltimore office. By any measure of conduct, the actions of ACORN’s employees should never have happened. It turns out the actions shouldn’t have happened for another, very simple, reason: ACORN can’t legally operate in the state of Maryland.

According to the following documents, ACORN, Inc.–the parent organization of all things ACORN–forfeited its corporate charter in Maryland in 2006. ACORN Housing forfeited its corporate charter in 2008. Any ACORN office in the state of Maryland is potentially operating illegally.

The Maryland Attorney General has made noise about prosecuting the intrepid journalists who undercovered the misdeeds of ACORN employees. Perhaps he should focus instead on how ACORN was able to operate without a license in his state.

Amazingly, there was a bill introduced and passed in less than 48 hours eliminating all funding into their housing division.

Even more amazing is this article from BigGovernment.com indicating that ACORN didn't even have a business license to operate in the state of Maryland since 2008.

I dunno, but I think even prostitutes have to have a business license... In Nevada. =)

[edit on 9·15·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
ACORN Outrage: A Corruption Smokescreen Masking Real Injustice

This outrage is misplaced on an entire organization when just a few bad apples were caught.

But the bigger picture of this is the media whitewash and smokescreen of the real corrupt who are getting away with much worse moral and legal injustices daily.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

This outrage is misplaced on an entire organization when just a few bad apples were caught.

But the bigger picture of this is the media whitewash and smokescreen of the real corrupt who are getting away with much worse moral and legal injustices daily.

When an organization is this large, this well connected to our currupted politicians, this well funded by our tax dollars and this well defended by legal teams paid for by our tax dollars funded by us all that their really doesn't seem to be any other way to get to the truth about how deep the rabit hole goes. The fact that the MSM is not reporting this "MSNBC" is taking care of itsef. Recent poll shows that 28% of the U.S. believes that the MSM reports the truth...LMAO

The arguement of a few bad apples has been dismissed by the facts that not only one office, not only two offices, not only three offices and now not only four offices are all involved in the same practice.

It is like saying a huge Corp restaurant chain is found to have many illegal immigrants working for them with false documents through out the country but it's only the managers fault. Managers and employees do what they are told, trained and/or under the impression of what they can get away with. PERIOD! It's not the Restaurnt Chain's fault, it's all lies OMG

Great thread.

[edit on 06/03/2009 by Rams59lb]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
There is something I am hoping for out of the ACORN deal. I'm hoping that politicians are linked to ACORN...and people begin to ratt out others. It could start the whole weeding out of corruption in this country. I'd love to see Democrats in defense of themselves exposing Republicans for taking bribes as well from insurance companies. Almost ALL politicians are dirty...it doesn't matter what party they are affiliated with.

Although it's slim for this to happen...I hope it does...and so should everyone else. The onlyl reason this is not being reported by the rest of the media is that ACORN helped elect many Liberals...and much of the media is supposedly Liberal..and it hurts their cause.

I get it. Do you? And when I say LIberal...they are not REAL Liberals either...they are corporate Liberals.

Name a tv personality who isn't a multi millionare....

top topics

join