It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What, are we gonna have a "civility" czar now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Looks like the establishment is striking while the iron's hot. I found it strange that an article titled "What Happened To Civility?" showed up on the front page of my local rag this morning, and then when I went to lunch just a little while ago, saw the same article title on USA Today, but by a completely different author. Probably happened in a lot of other cities too I'm assuming. Both highlighting the Serena, Kanye, Joe "you lie" Wilson trifecta. And you know it's going to eventually lead to the town hall protesting.

I'm seeing a "civility" czar in the offing, what say you? How 'bout a "give me a break" czar?

Edit: On second thought, I think the title of the local story was "What Ever Happened To Manners?". So maybe a "manners" czar would be good too.

Peace

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Reply to post by Dr Love

Two words. Martha Stewart. She has the conviction, I mean credentials that put her in line with the other czars.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Past President Jimmy Carter would be an excellent Civility Czar.

I am big on civility as it was preached to me all my life by my parents.

But there are times when Being civil just doesn't do the job that is necessary.

But wait......a civility czar will never come about because too many elected officials and public servants would clog the system.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I'm seeing a "civility" czar in the offing, what say you? How 'bout a "give me a break" czar?

And we'll need a Czar for the Good Times ... If we ever get there ...

(click to open player in new window)

Dyn-O-Mite!!!

I'm jus' sayin' ya kno'

EDIT YouTube Emedding foobar

[edit on 9·15·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
OMG, you had me going fromt the headline lol... I clicked on to read the source and then read your thread and gave a big sigh in relief that it isn't true "YET" lol.

This Czar thing is getting so out of hand that I have been looking at a book recently of Russian names so that I can get with the program before I'm too late. I really want a good one that isn't to common and isn't real easy to spell or pronounce.

new topics

top topics

join