It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama names IMF official to U.S. Treasury post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Obama names IMF official to U.S. Treasury post

www.reuters.com

President Barack Obama on Monday named International Monetary Fund deputy research director Charles Collyns as the U.S. Treasury's new assistant secretary for international finance.

As the No. 2 official in the Treasury's international affairs section, Collyns will be responsible for representing the Treasury's interests among multilateral financial institutions such as the IMF, World Bank and international development banks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Looks like nobody is paying attention to the economic front lately.

Political debate over health care reform has diverted the committee's attention and resources away from nomination hearings.

The IMF essentially has a man in the White House now.

GSax and the globalists sure have a firm hand on the wheel of the US economic bus. I wonder what the destination might be?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The same as the Council for Foreign Relations goals have always been, to submerge U.S. sovereignty and put all wealth into as few hands as possible for the purpose of control of the masses and submerging U.S. sovereignty to set up a one world government run by the same few people who all the wealth is controlled by and who’s hands it is concentrated in.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
The same as the Council for Foreign Relations goals have always been, to submerge U.S. sovereignty and put all wealth into as few hands as possible for the purpose of control of the masses and submerging U.S. sovereignty to set up a one world government run by the same few people who all the wealth is controlled by and who’s hands it is concentrated in.

Which puts the "too big to fail" logic to the test does it not?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Yes it sure does, but arguments are just that, things designed to allow people to bicker over and distract them from the real issues and what's really going on, and who is doing it and why.

The reality is sovereignty has long ago been submerged but allowing the illusion of the political process to go on simply has people devoting time and energy into a counter productive process that has no appreciable net gain or effect.

The nails that are driven into our collective coffin are always done through decree or appointment and not subject to the political debate that centers on personality instead of policy, procedure and accountability.

The boys have done a fine job; I salute them, but shall for obvious reasons throw down the gauntlet anyway.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is probably spinning around in his chair at this moment! The pieces for a radical takeover in government just keep popping into place with very little opposition! It is like a well oiled machine spinning up and ready to operate!

I really have doubts that Obama was this savvy, intelligent, connected, and prepared when he decided to run for office! So, either he is a puppet, or this was already in place and he is just the trigger man, or he stepped into a seat, saw the rampant corruption and opportunity and drew on his Chicago political heritage to capitalize on the situation!

It is kind of a moot point now. The pins are out of the tumbler and this Government is taking off with its own life like something out of the Transformers movie!

I say it almost everyday, but.........I gotta buy more bullets!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I say it almost everyday, but.........I gotta buy more bullets!

Exactly

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
So, will the US dollar go through hyper-inflation when the clobal currency changes?

-E-

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

The nails that are driven into our collective coffin are always done through decree or appointment and not subject to the political debate that centers on personality instead of policy, procedure and accountability.

Sadly, not many people understand this very important point.

You can't blame the powers that be for taking full advantage.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

No you sure can't blame the Powers that Be for it, but you can blame the people who even after being told that they are being decieved, even after being given credible cause and evidence to believe the high probability they are being deceived just look at you and say...That's just crazy talk! Then they go right back to their circular arguments with one another that never, ever actually seek to include through actual dialouge those people and things they argue about in the political dog and pony show. They reinforce each other's illusion to the point that hey why waterboard Bush or Obama or ask them, when we can just terrorize one an other?

It's a crazy world friend!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Insanity.

We keep allowing our political celebrities to populate our government with bankers and unapologetic elitists. I can't say that I am surprised. Except of course, that we haven't been sold as slave labor to anyone other than the Fed yet. I guess that comes next.... why do I get the feeling the global tax will be 'hailed as a great thing' once our government (or should I say THEIR government) lays down to it.

top topics

join