It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving Dirty Bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I once heard that if you down a whole bunch of Iodized salt, that is might protect you from thyroid cancer which happens to be one of the major side effects to fallout from a dirty bomb. Any truth to this?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
potassium iodide. Not salt, that's sodium chloride and will probably increase your blood pressure more than help you.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The best thing to do is prevent inhaling/ingesting any of the dirty nuke material - it will be in the air, settle in hair, surfaces and clothes - everywhere.

Food will be a huge problem - only well wrapped food - and then the wrappers cold pick up speks that could then continimate the food.

Water - the stuff in the pipes will be good!, but wont last long!!! the pipe networks in a given area of course only hold so much water, that is the good stuff... If a water treatment works is contaminated - well unless it's taken off the network then the water will prob be dirty (although how much would depend wildly).

For a dirty bomb the best bet would be to get out of the area (upwind pref)... not eating or drinking in the hot zone, then decontaminate.

Red wine is supposed to be good according to the film Red October!!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
N95 masks are available at Home Depot. They will keep out those particles. I keep 2 in my car at all times.

top topics

join