It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun Fun Fun! The "9/12 Protest: Here's What Fox News Didn't Broadcast"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The Link

When I dove into the angry mob with a camera, I captured scenes of self-proclaimed "real Americans" declaring that the community organizing group ACORN was Obama's version of Hitler's SS; that the President planned to establish concentration camps for right-wing dissidents; and that Obama was raising a private army in the guise of a civilian volunteer force. The death panel rumor is just one of a rapidly growing array of conspiracy theories reverberating through the Republican base. Each one is more hysterical than the last.

Conspiracism has proven a useful tool for distracting many of the 9.12 Project participants I met from their own economic interests. Having been convinced through endless hours of right-wing media that government involvement in their healthcare would lead to totalitarian slavery, some demonstrators told me they were content to not have healthcare at all. Others said they would stop collecting their Social Security as soon as "the government gets out of my life."

Yes, hysteria and conspiracy are the main tools the right is currently employing to try to undo the damage done to their credibility and power over the last decade or so. Fear is after all a really efficient and powerful tool of manipulation.

Always nice to see the 'other side'.

Enjoy.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Animal]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Your youtube links are working.

Second line...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The "left vs right" paradigm is so old and worn out.
It was never meant to be a two-party system in the first place, but that's the way it has ended up....But when you really look at it, these are two heads of the same monster. Kick them ALL out!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
The Link

When I dove into the angry mob with a camera, I captured scenes of self-proclaimed "real Americans" declaring that the community organizing group ACORN was Obama's version of Hitler's SS; that the President planned to establish concentration camps for right-wing dissidents; and that Obama was raising a private army in the guise of a civilian volunteer force. The death panel rumor is just one of a rapidly growing array of conspiracy theories reverberating through the Republican base. Each one is more hysterical than the last.

Conspiracism has proven a useful tool for distracting many of the 9.12 Project participants I met from their own economic interests. Having been convinced through endless hours of right-wing media that government involvement in their healthcare would lead to totalitarian slavery, some demonstrators told me they were content to not have healthcare at all. Others said they would stop collecting their Social Security as soon as "the government gets out of my life."

Yes, hysteria and conspiracy are the main tools the right is currently employing to try to undo the damage done to their credibility and power over the last decade or so. Fear is after all a really efficient and powerful tool of manipulation.

Always nice to see the 'other side'.

Enjoy.

Maybe this will work

[edit on 15-9-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Here are Animal's YT videos, properly tagged:

[edit on 15 September 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
IT is soooo refreshing to read an unbiased piece on tea party protests. One would hardly notice that the web site is ultra liberal,and so far left that it's flat on its back.

Your youtube links don't seem to work.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
IT is soooo refreshing to read an unbiased piece on tea party protests. One would hardly notice that the web site is ultra liberal,and so far left that it's flat on its back.

Your youtube links don't seem to work.

We got um up above your post

Nobodies putting words in any mouths

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well ya... After I watched the first video, the political bigot in me felt vindicated.

The people interviewed do not seem like my type of folks, remind me of the anti protesters at ANTI IRAQ protests back in the day. Seems like all the Republicans in Orange County Ca had an outing IMO.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
looks like the bible was right.. as u can see from the vids all kinds of people have been deluded.. that they actually believe this crap...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Those are interesting. And pretty funny.

But the second video asks in the end... "Still not Racist?" and my response is that I did not see ONE racist sign or comment in both of those videos... Just because Obama is black doesn't mean that every criticism of him is racist. That's a very twisted way of seeing things...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

the second video -

I don't think the final text at the end was necessary or smart, the pictures were good enough, we do not need this stupid wedge of racism right now.

...what many of these people could do though is try to barrow some more chromosomes

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

I think it is very nice to see that people got off their butts and meds for one day to join in unison to protest as one against TPTB.

We all have different opinions but at least we can agree that things MUST change.

9/12 was a huge success and you can bet future ones will be comparable.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I am surprised that it took so long to get these videos edited and posted. In a crowd of 70k plus you are bound to find what you are looking for.

I also recall seeing similar montages of similar folks from Obama's rallies as well. I will always remember the woman who thought that she would no longer have to worry about her mortgage.

Anyhoo. SSDD in the two party system. Us vs. Them. We saw plenty of rallies against Bush only some of those folks wore scarves around their faces to conceal their identities.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Nice! Hilarious! Pathetic! Maxdumpenstein wants to sell a book so
what better way than to paste together some clips of backwards
americans come to dc to protest. Oh, so clever!

Another " feel good about yourself because your'e smarter than
they are" video. No different from an episode of Jackass if you
ask me.

Haha! He misspelled a word. HAHA, she prays in public. Ridicule
these folks all you want but I care to bet they are the very ones
who would stop to help if you were broke down on the side of the
road.

Pretty sad there Mr. Max, I'm not buying into your ridicule or book.
These people on video might not be the brightest but at least they're
genuine which is more than I can say about you.

The above was my response to the first video, WTH kinda point is the second video trying to make? racism? for disagreeing with policies or
challenging his place of birth? Pulling the race card is the last
act of desperation. Again pathetic.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

You know that, "He just wants to sell a book", tripe is getting a bit stinky. Wanting to sell a book has no bearing on whether or not the facts he reveals are truth. Same goes for GB or SP and the rest of that zoo. They might convince some ignorants that health care reform means death panels or welfare for illegals but if you go look for the truth you find it isn't so. These folks when confronted with those truths stand and stare and say, "Oh, I didn't know that". I believe they think they are standing up for what is right but alas they are just tools that the right are making fools out of. God help us.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
i'm sorry but the responses from the crowd sounded like the responses from your average ATS thread.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
It's true you can find dumb people in any large crowd, but what I saw in the video is quite scary. It's beyond dumb, downright paranoid. Obama's face posted in the same lineup as Stalin and Hitler?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

He isn't revealing any "facts" with this video and if he is how about enlighten me as to what those facts are. He is mercilessly
showing the dumbest of the bunch in an effort to make the entire
protest look like a day off from the loonie bin, that much should be
obvious.

I'm no fan of right or left wing politics in this country as I
feel they carry equal blame for our current sad state of affairs.
I have no agenda here but I do find it commendable that people get
out and protest even if I don't agree with their politics. They care
enough to do something, even if they make themselves look ridiculous in doing so. We should all have as much dedication as these folks.

Why advertise your book if it isn't connected to the protest? This is
self-promotion at the expense of others and I find that part very repugnant, if you like it then that's your right . Go buy the book
then and I will look forward to your review of it here. peace.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by damwel

He isn't revealing any "facts" with this video and if he is how about enlighten me as to what those facts are. He is mercilessly
showing the dumbest of the bunch in an effort to make the entire
protest look like a day off from the loonie bin, that much should be
obvious.

I checked the 912 web site and the only idea (or one of the few) they promote is protesting govt spending. What the hell does it have to do with equaling Obama to Stalin? You have a substantial number of people there (at least judging by the signs) who just seem to be out for Obama's blood.

top topics

join