It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China and India tension: NSA summons meeting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
China has clearly stronger military then India. (not 700 million standing army of course, this is not possible) But nobody would allow China to get control of India. And if China would take this region without some agreement, Chinese competitors would get a new ally with just as large manpower pool.
So further escalation is not likely, in my opinion. China has plans to become world leader, but so far it is doing this in peaceful manner and is very very effective. No reason to change strategy.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

What is an Army worth when you can blow them to pieces from low orbit?

Not much.

Edit spelling

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Somamech]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
These recent chain of events is a little disturbing. It's as though the world is on the brink and every major player is posturing against each other, some out in the open, and others covertly. Is it for the NWO? I knew this mode of thinking is held by many leaders around the world, but I never put much stock in it ever happening. People are just so different when it comes to ideology, religion, cultures, and language to be able to pull it off successfully. Deep down, people value their individualism. However, I am beginning to second guess myself with all these altercations and potential altercations happening all over the world.

It's as though ruthless individuals, who ever they are or call themselves, are prepping the audience for their grand finale. I have no idea what that will entail? I don't want to know! But this India and China thing, recent terrorist arrests in the US, cataclysmic attack allegedly scheduled for Germany, the Taliban making inroads in Pakistan and Afghanistan, an attack today on the Green Zone as VP Biden made an unscheduled visit to Iraq, the Iranian nuke crisis, a growing tension among people in the US at the government, and dare I say more, but you get the idea. The chess pieces are being moved into place for the grand finale.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The threat of a chinese/indian conflict has been around since the inception of a chinese communist state.
They have already gone to war in the 60's
It would be foolish for the chinese to think they could be victorious aginst india.
India has many allies, and even though pakistan might be freindly with china, only as far as they get supplied weapons by china, dont think for a minute the people of pakistan would allow chinese troops on thier soil.
esspecialy in light of how china treats its muslim population.
How are they going to get the number of troops required into the theater, not by sea thats for sure theyd have to sail through waters controlled by indian allies, and they dont even come close to having a navy big enough for that.
They cant come by land, theres that little thing called the himalya
mtns in the way. Even in todays world the region is impossibly remote.
The indians would seal the chinese up in the high mountain passes before any notable amount of troop movment could be acomplished.

Any way china is a house of cards just waiting for the right nudge to fall down.
the gulf of wealth between the rich and the poor is even greater than it was before the communists, when everyone was poor. Now you have a very wealthy, even by western standards, upper class(party officials)
and a nearly slave labor force.
Chinas so called power is built on trade with the west, what do people think would happen if that source of cash was cut off, and the people of china were suddenly forced back a real communist state to survive the war time hardships.

China also isnt the perfect state that they would have the outside world believe.
Some analysts believe that some chinese states dont march in locked step with bejing,particulary the southern regions that started chinas ecconmic boom.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
India is an enemy of China
But China is not an enemy of India

At least in my opinion that is

I think they are direct economic foes of each other. China is getting too big to be just a regional power but it is hemmed in by Russian to the North, America to the South and East and India to the West. I would expect there to be some rough playing till everyone learns their role.

Central Asia is the next monopoly property to be had, that's where the action will be in the next few decades, barring any miracle discoveries of oil or alternative fuels. Everybody is positioning themselves for the big grab.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by pavil]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

"Never underestimate nor overestimate an adversary. Consider them an equal. If they are your equal then they can be defeated."

Sun-Tzu said.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

According to India, China has already fired a shot or two.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Looks like ZBigs Grand Chess Board Is Not Playing Out Correctly!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
For a little insight into some of the history of inda/china friction

a book called "The Spy at the Top of the World" about an englishman spying for india who get captured by the chinese in nepal and is held for several months in the late 50's.

Its an awsome book, while being interogated the englishman, a mountain climber, told the chinese that Sir Edmund Hillary planted an electronic listening device that could eves drop on all of chinas communications, on the north face of everest. The chinese actually belived him and used their 1962? climb as a cover to look for the mythical spying device.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

There is something to the altitudes in the Himalayas and radio frequencies... allows stealth communication and movement.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
i have read somewhere that china is diverting rivers that flow into India back into china..
millions of Indians people rely on the rivers for crops \ drinking and travel...
im sure it will start a war once the water stops flowing...

<< 1   >>

join