It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

precognition in medative state. Has anyone else experienced it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hi my name is paul over the past couple of years after meeting my gypsy friends i have experienced things that are uncomprimisable. I have been studying hypnosis and astrology and when i am under through self hypnosis i have seen people who i have never met before then met them weeks later and also illnessess to friends and family. I was wondering has anyone been hypnotised before and what are your star signs i am curious to hear from like minded people.

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
please be aware that i have limited knowledge on this subject. i meditate regularly on many things normally not related to myself or family but rather on situations or people. sometimes situations can be forseen but not occur in the way seen merely because you have that knowledge of what is going to happen and inadvertly your actions that would have other wise been different based on this knowledge can stop or change situations in ways. some call this paradox. well most everyone calls it that. precognition is probably your mind very quickly going through all the possible outcomes of a situation and subconciously picking out the most liekly to happen situation. much like a probability generator and if the mind had enough knowledge of something a dream would turn into a sight or a vision and then sometimes that event may play out as seen in the mind. i haven't given anything like that much thought since what happens in my eyes is pretty much has happened and won't change.

if you are interested in this enough to pursue it, maybe you should try concentating on smaller situations with easy to predict outcomes and work on the details of those outcomes. you easily see yourself going to a movie. but who you go with what movie you see, what happens during before and after the movie are details you could meditate on and perhaps see. i doubt that your precognition comes from being around gypsies alone. did any of them do something to you like an enchantment or something.

and my star sign is sagitarius i think. nov. 27th
i dunno much about astrology

posted on Feb, 20 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thanks Pheonix, one of my gypsy friends taught me everything i know about Hypnosis which is a fair bit. I go to see her every so often and we have what we call a gathering were a group of us get together and practice are new techniques in the art. It was during one of these gatherings that i first had an apperition i couldnt explain what i saw until it actually happened then i found that every time I used the staircase of shadows induction to a trance that i would see moving pictures we i had no control of. It has only been lately, 14 months since i first seen them that i have concluded they are precognitive and since i have realised this my success rate has been 100% all the visions i have have came true. Now i'm not rejecting your idea of paradox but the success rate proves that it is no fluke of mind.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well, never meditative state. Unless snoring is part of meditating. But have had precognition or whatever it is called in sleep. Usually with Pink Floyd or A.I. playing when sleeping. Or if want twisted dreams, play Weird Al or Dennis Leary. For peaceful one play Beatles. Why does the music do this? I don't know. But for some reason see future more with PF playing when sleeping than any other.

arc

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I haven't experienced anything on the scale that you have mez, but instead smaller things on a regular basis eg. downloading an email and knowing who it's going to be from, going somewhere and knowing I'm going to see a certain person, thinking about someone i haven't seen for a long time and then having them contact me or visit that day.

I don't formally meditate but most of the time my mind is in quite a relaxed state and I do daydream and trance out quite easily.

I don't think I've had any precognitive dreams, although I've had some extremely potent and symbolic ones, plus a few bizarre ones that caused me to remember things I had forgotten years before. Plus the serial dreams and the ones where I get deja-vu. Thats always weird - being in a dream and having the feeling you dreamt it before... therefore realising that you are dreaming whilst doing it.

I have always had dreams about war - had one about a nuclear attack only last week. But I've put that down to fear and watching lots of news rather than being able to predict global events

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 03:00 AM
link   
i never been hypnotize yet, but as when i m entering the relax point not the meditation but just relax for a few minute the i can see same as you are.

new topics

top topics

join