It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel opens fire on Lebanese fishing boat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Israel opens fire on Lebanese fishing boat

www.presstv.ir

n another violation of United Nations Security Council Resolution 1701, Israeli forces open fire on a Lebanese vessel in the country's territorial waters.

The Lebanese army command said on Monday that Israeli military forces fired from their position in Naqoura on a Lebanese fishing boat in Lebanese waters on Sunday.

There were no immediate reports of damage or casualties from the incident, which came two days after an Israeli rocket attack on southern Lebanon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-9-2009 by CaptainAmerica2012]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
"in another violation of United Nations Security Council Resolution 1701"
www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

Israel violates another countries rights. Why must they be responsible for so much bloodshed?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Reply calrified. Deleted.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Israel polices the water around its borders to stop terrorists getting weapons into Gaza which can and will be used against Israeli civilians.

Ideally this would be UNIFIL's job, but as we all know that's a bit of a joke these days.

Good for Israel.

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date with the mullahs' propaganda though, very interesting.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I look forward to the demise of Israel, such demise being unavoidable on account of Israel's pathalogical inability to exist without constant bloodshed and interference in other nations' politics

And I'm hoping there will be a flood of bumper and other stickers and flags for sale which the grateful will be able to purchase and joyfully display WHEN Israel bites the dust and shuts the hell up

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Press tv is one of the most biased news agencys on the planet, its basically just state run Iranian news aka propaganda

As for the incident we would need to know further details to determine the truth but what is sure is that its hotting up again in that region. With this, the rocket attacks and that small "nuclear issue" with talks on October 1st something big could happen soon.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
PRESSTV is worse than Debka!! I wouldnt trust anything from that site. By the way, where is this in the news? Seems pretty important for there not to be anything out there about it eh?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
What I find amusing, is the comments concerning Israel on that site are no different than those on this site.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Didn't they read Resolution 1701's demands? Opening fire on suspicious naval vessels isn't covered. The Resolution covers invasion and cross border fire in areas controlled by the largely ineffective UNIFIL forces. Iranian press got it wrong, it wasn't a violation.

The Resolution concerns fulls cessation of hostilities (like that'll happen), deployment of IDF troops in the region, the unconditional release of IDF soldiers (which Hezbollah hasn't followed through on), Hezbollah to disarm (hasn't occurred), full control of territory by control of Lebanese government (Hezbollah violates that by running the south themselves), and no military besides UNIFIL south of Litani River (Hezbollah non-compliant).

Really, who is violating more?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

Disregarding the veracity of PressTV and it's reporting, what the hell has Gaza got to do with Lebanon? It's 150 miles away!

Even if, by some wierd physical process, these Lebanese fishermen were planning on transporting weapons to Gaza, then the Israeli blockade there would deal with it, like it does with any other shipping. Shooting at a fishing boat inside Lebanese waters some 150 miles from Gaza is not cause for a "Hoorah Israel!" and claims of them stopping weapons smuggling.

It is also NOT UNIFIL's job to stop weapons smuggling into Gaza.

I would have thought you'd know better than that, Matt. My respect for your opinion has diminished somewhat.

[edit on 15/9/09 by stumason]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Hamas's man in Beirut

Fishing boats are frequently used for arms smuggling around the Med. Where else do they need to smuggle arms to? Fatah gets all its weapons courtesy of the USA, Hezbollah gets its arms from Syria/Iran without many realistic restrictions.

Not very fair on the honest fishermen (if there are any), but that's the Middle East for you.

More reading about arms smuggling from Lebanon to Gaza for you here

Have I earned your respect back Stu?

[edit on 16-9-2009 by mattpryor]

new topics

top topics

join