It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran ready to defend nuclear installations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Iran ready to defend nuclear installations

www.presstv.ir

Iran's nuclear chief Ali Akbar Salehi says Tehran is ready to defend its nuclear facilities against any foreign attack.

"We are ... being continuously threatened with attacks on our nuclear facilities," the head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran told delegates from 150 states at the annual General Conference of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).

"Such a vigilant nation, while taking every threat seriously, is in the meantime confident of its capacity to defend itself," he added referring to repeated Israeli threats against Iran's civilian nuclear installations
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
this article has some very good points...a few you cant miss..

"Israel -- the sole possessor of a nuclear arsenal in the Middle East "

"This is while Iran -- unlike Israel -- has signed the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) and has opened its nuclear facilities to inspection by the IAEA"

"whereas Israel remains one of the four nuclear-armed countries not recognized as a Nuclear Weapons State and is widely believed to possess some 200 nuclear warheads in its arsenal." < how can the world accept this!!!!...so Israel can other nations no...and y is that..because the holocaust...im gettiing sick bleqqqqqqqq

"The Iranian official also accused the United States of amassing nuclear weapons in the region while denying Iran the right to peaceful nuclear technology." < ooo i think they got a point here

"They have traveled over ten thousand miles away from their native country and have amassed frightening and dreadful weaponry in a region like the Persian Gulf; while, if a country in the same region such as my country wants to exercise its own sovereign right it is shamelessly denied," Salehi added.

ZIONIST PLAN ON THE MOVE

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Just in time for the North Korea-giving-Iran-weapons story!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Yeah we linked to this story on our twitter.com/EyeOnWar page several hours ago. Heineken I believe we are very close to a strike from Israel on Iranian nuclear facilities...

I know many of you will say that this has been rumoured for quite a few years now, but lately the rhetoric from both sides is different... it's reached a crescendo where Israel is openly stating that the time to act is now. They realise that Obama is not going to help as he is to busy trying to play the role of mediator, which suits Iran very well because it buys them more time to reach the point where they can begin successfully building Nukes.

Israel simply cannot let Iran reach this point, because simply put, if Iran has the ability to build nukes, then the countdown for Israel existing as it does today begins...once Iran can build nukes the balance of power will shift dramaticaly in the middle east, and Israel will lose the already very fragile deterrence she currently has against being invaded by her many enemies... that deterrence is of course the nuclear arsenal Israel posesses.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Jeez the world is pretty messed up right.

You know I really think Iran is being genuine when they say they want to pursue nuclear energy rather than weapons.

Wish the rest of the world would stop playing the school bully. How can we ever have peace, anywhere, if the rules are diffrent depending on who or where you are from.

I just hope that one day we can have peace around the world or at the very least less Wars and Poverty before I start a family. I know thats being very optimistic but there is always hope.

Peace

Thought i would just add that I think your point is very possible too.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by tempest501]

[edit on 15-9-2009 by tempest501]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by tempest501
Jeez the world is pretty messed up right now aint it.

You know I really think Iran is ebing genuine when they say they want to pursue nuclear energy rather than weopons.

And what exactly leads you to this conclusion?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Eye On War

Hi,

I am not saying they would not consider building them if they keep being bullied. The trouble is I really have very little trust in the governments and what they say at the moment. The whole 9/11 and 7/7 to name a couple make me wonder if there just looking for there new war to profit from like Iraq. Saw alot of thing lately that are making me question things that I wouldn't have before. It really just seem like such a double standard even if you go from what mainstream news has you know. We can have nuclear toys but no way you can etc.

I would like nothing more than for no one to have nuclear weapons really.

Sorry if I offended by not backing up my thoughts, its was just my opinion really. I am only just starting to ask the hard questions now and look for answers myself.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Well I find all this quite disturbing and worrying from a personal point of view, but let's play pundit and try to guess what the medium-term game plan is once the Iranian mullahs start flexing their new nuclear muscles:

- A military pact with Syria and Iraq, under the pretence of a regional "nuclear umbrella"
- Invasion of Lebanon, probably sold to the West as protection and justified by some blown up transgression by Israel
- Supply of nuclear materials to proxy militias such as Hezbollah and Hamas

Once such a power bloc exists countries that are currently loyal to the USA and the West will undoubtedly have to reconsider their allegiances, including Egypt, Jordan and Saudi Arabia.

What other countries can we expect to be loyal to the new Islamic superpower? Off the top of my head I can think of Venezuela, North Korea, Libya. Who else?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

If your leader would shut his mouth about wiping Israel off the map then things would be different.....but your loud mouthed leader keeps poking the Leviathan with a stick, and that Leviathan is going to bite his a$$ some day.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

If your leader would shut his mouth about wiping Israel off the map then things would be different.....but your loud mouthed leader keeps poking the Leviathan with a stick, and that Leviathan is going to bite his a$$ some day.

Which is probably all part of the plan!

I'm 99% sure that if and when Israel does go for Iran's nuclear facilities, the UN and the West will either not support the Israeli actions or will actively oppose them.

That can be easily arranged of course... plaster our newspapers with pictures of screaming bloody Iranian children. Agitate our Muslim populations to riot in the streets, thus paralysing our weak governments. Encourage wide-scale attacks on Jewish property and on supporters of Israel to keep them silenced and afraid.

Welcome to the 21st Century and Rule by Terror. And we thought we had it bad now?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

wait a sec my firend...Ahmadinejad is not my leader..i am from Malta lol

sec...you always come forward with anger and arrogance typical of those who know they are wrong but will never give it away....you know what..

i'm here because i love my land and my loved ones...Malta suffered terribly because of others wars please visit the link here..

Malta during WW2

now i firmly beleive that Israel actions are building up WW3 so the only thing i can do is to discuss what their plan is with you

at least do you agree that...

Israel is the only Nuclear armed state in the MIddleeast and they want it to be like that

Israel wants to acquire more land by Invasion

Israel wants 1 Bank, 1 Currency and 1 Religion in the World

Israel is going to be the cause of WW3

I am not giving up..im preparing a video to be posted on Youtube too

there is a Zionist Plan ...and its on the move

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Your a dispicable liar,he never said that

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
Israel is the only Nuclear armed state in the Middleeast and they want it to be like that

IF Israel has nukes (which they have never confirmed or denied), Israel is the only country that can be trusted with nuclear weapons in the Middle East, being the only liberal Western democracy surrounded by ruthless military dictatorships (most of whom are luckily allied to the USA - at the moment), all of whom without exception would crush Israel in a minute if they had the means or opportunity.

Israel wants to acquire more land by Invasion

Incorrect, Israel has ceded much more land (Gaza, Sinai, South Lebanon) than it has held on to. Palestinians in the West Bank have a de facto self rule.

Israel wants 1 Bank, 1 Currency and 1 Religion in the World

How do they want one religion? Explain why Judaism is the only Abrahamic religion that does not seek to convert people? There are 12 million of them for crying out loud!

As for one bank, one currency, where on Earth are you getting that from?

Been reading the Protocols of Zion by any chance?

Israel is going to be the cause of WW3

That's a bit like saying Czechoslovakia was the cause of WW2.

Newsflash: Israelis are just like you and me. They just want to be left the hell alone. They don't want to rule over Palestinians, and they don't want to have to pay for Palestinians' welfare. They most certainly don't want to go to war with Iran, why on Earth would they if not for the necessity of survival?? It's their sons and daughters they'll be sending into battle you know.

You think you've got your world-view all sorted, but quite honestly it's so back to front and upside-down you wouldn't know the real picture if it was painted on your backside. None of your opinions stand up to rational scrutiny or explain people's behaviour.

Malta was saved from Fascism by the allies, at the cost of the lives of my countrymen. That's why you have the freedom to write this stuff. Now you're spouting the same anti-Jewish lies and hatred that Hitler did 60 years ago - grats.

And good luck with your Youtube video, I'm sure you'll find plenty of other Jew haters to join your cause.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

wait a sec my firend...Ahmadinejad is not my leader..i am from Malta lol.

Sorry, I thought you were from Iran....at least you came across that way!
So, Malta hates Israel now too?

sec...you always come forward with anger and arrogance typical of those who know they are wrong but will never give it away....you know what..

Your accusation is completely untrue, and uncalled for.

i'm here because i love my land and my loved ones...Malta suffered terribly because of others wars please visit the link here..

Malta during WW2

Malta looks like a beautiful country. I did a tourism search and saw lots of nice photos, and it's situated south east of Sicily in the Mediterranean....who wouldn't love it there? It looks like a lovely place to live and own an ocean going cruiser.

now i firmly beleive that Israel actions are building up WW3 so the only thing i can do is to discuss what their plan is with you

at least do you agree that...

Not only is it the actions of Israel, the enemies of Israel have religious prophecies concerning "End Times" and it appears they are bent to bring about these prophecies of doom.

Israel is the only Nuclear armed state in the MIddleeast and they want it to be like that

But they have never used them, nor do they want to.

Iranian leaders supports terrorists, that's why the free world does not want Iran to have those weapons. Plus, Iran threatens to wipe Israel off the map. The only way they can do that is to use Nukes, therefore I take that as a nuclear threat.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

hey matt, why do you have a picture of someone doing the fingers as your avater? is it to get a reaction out of people, or does it represent your general attitude towards people?

Im not attacking you here, im just curious to know why you would choose a picture like that?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I didn't give it much thought - that was just the mood I was in when I drew it. I suppose there's a duality there - I'm smiling at my friends and sticking two fingers up to people that want to silence me (there have been plenty on these boards).

Probably time for a change soon....

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
As usual, anyone who questions Israels intentions, whether history based ie the atrocities in Gaza, or in this case, the undeniable hypocracy of a nation threatening another because they dare to have the same rights to nuclear weapons, is labeled as an Israel hater. That my Israeli supporters is wearing so thin that you can see through it.

Personally I hate....no I detest the atrocities commited against those children in Gaza. If that in anyones eyes makes me an Israeli hater, then so be it.

Respects

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor

I didn't give it much thought - that was just the mood I was in when I drew it. I suppose there's a duality there - I'm smiling at my friends and sticking two fingers up to people that want to silence me (there have been plenty on these boards).

Probably time for a change soon....

Oh i see... sorry i didn't realise you had drawn it... it's actually a good drawing! Well fair enough, I can see where your coming from.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eye On War
reply to post by mattpryor

hey matt, why do you have a picture of someone doing the fingers as your avater? is it to get a reaction out of people, or does it represent your general attitude towards people?

Im not attacking you here, im just curious to know why you would choose a picture like that?

Maybe it's the same idea of that stupid pilot, Dale Robin Hersh, from AA that showed the middle finger in security process in Brazil some years ago.

[edit on 15/9/09 by blackcube]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

You mean like this...LOL

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join