It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

�Torture� not so bad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
There is a big uproar about the photos of POW being humiliated and �tortured�. These photos some have said will be the final straw. That the Americans will now leave Iraq. I have also heard that this is the end of Bush and his cabinet. I have seen the photos that the media has shown in any form. I have watched on the news as people are questioned.

The truth is the only real problems I have with this situation is the bad taste it is done in and the stupidity of leaving such obvious evidence. The truth is that as shaming and humanizing this all most be for the POW it real is not half bad. When USA decided to invade Iraq I was against it. I believe that the USA should withdraw from the area. But not for such a stupid reason. During times of war things like this happen except in all other times and places it was a hundred times worse. The British have been accused of torturing suspects in Ireland the British were one of the first to use concentration camps. The Fancies record is also not spotless the truth is no countries records are.

There is a need some times to get information from people to save the live of your soldiers or to end the war quicker which usually means saving lives. This some times means you need to make your prisoners talk. The American approved technics were questioned after the photos. They asked the question is it humane to leave a bag on a persons head for 2 days? The answer is yes, compared to shoving bamboo splinters up your finger nails it is very humane. The Technics which are approved are totally justifiable.
You also need to make your troops hate there enemy. You cant fight a war by loving your enemies. So there is bound to be some resentment of captors of POW and some back lash against them. The truth is that these incidents were minor at best. This is war and the fact that a collage hazing is more brutal then what occurred shows that the USA is fighting a dam clean one. So over all I think the Americans have acted Honorably in a situation were there is usual no Honor what so ever. And for that at least they can be proud this time around.

If you disagree about anything I said I would be happy to hear your view.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
it not bad at all but yesteday i m receving a good pics about the prisoner being tourtured together,with some other iraq women being rape not only in the prison but at some place else,most of the women are young in age.some how it seem bast***D hacker snoop in my email and delete all the raping pics just only left the tortured that a real SUN OF A BUSH f**k

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by arcana imperii

If you disagree about anything I said I would be happy to hear your view.

I agree with you.
Let's see... on one hand you have a bunch of naked iraqi guys making a human pyramid and some ugly US soldier slut pointing at their little package.

Then on the other hand you have Blackwater employees, (US citizens) burnt and dismembered, dragged through the streets and hung on a bridge.
If that's not enough you have another US citizen beheaded with a dull kitchen knife.

Yeah, those poor pitiful naked iraqi prisoners, they are sooooo tortured...

WHo gives a damn about those burnt and beheaded - hell, they're just Americans, and Americans are less than human because of their nationality... right?

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
ok, maybe torture is an over exaggeration of what has happened. but it still doesn't make it excusable, let alone right, or "honourable" as you said it. to have honour is to also respect your enemy. look it up. and about hating your enemies, this has not always been the case of things, especially during wars. ie; in world war one, there were many instances of both sides, taking christmas off to play a game of soccer or football. most soldiers, who are people, don't like killing people, enemy or not. those who love it have been brainwashed with propaganda and are infact quite sad in my opinion, merely machines of the gov't. im in the perspective that war is unecessary at the source of things, though unfortunately that's the way we've decided things are to be solved...

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
War is never honorable there has never been a realy honorable war.
The truth is, that on a relative scale the actions of the USA in this war are Honorable.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

There is a need some times to get information from people to save the live of your soldiers or to end the war quicker which usually means saving lives.

What questions were they asked? Who were the prisoners? If you believe Rumsfeld and the Army, they were innocent or commited petty crimes and were asked no questions. And some believe, at the behest of civilian contractors. The only interrogators at that prison were civilians. So, bend over, stick a chemlight up your ass, and tell me how bad it is.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
In the middle east, public hanging, beheading and torture is everyday busisness, the problem is that US policies are different and this groups in iraq is using our own policies to kick us in the but. And to justify more terrorist atacks.
When my husband was in the middle east in the 90's he said that he was invited to see public executions every other day.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by arcana imperii

War is never honorable there has never been a realy honorable war.
The truth is, that on a relative scale the actions of the USA in this war are Honorable.

i still dont see your logic in saying that the USA's actions with what has been going on is even remotely relative to being honourable.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
My point is that the actions taken by Americans are not so bad comparatively. Police departments in the USA have been charged with doing far worse. And since everything should be judged relatively and on a relative scale this is really not that bad. Torture has always been a part of war and always will be. War is not an easy or nice thing it is harsh and brutal. Then only way your going to have a nice war is to play RISK.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
But your talking about the pictures that have been released not the ones that haven't been. And you gotta think of islamic culture. Nudity and sex are very private thinks. Lynnie England had sex in front of these prisoners apparently and made them watch. Look at islamic women and how they cover themselves. You have to take into account their culture.

Sure it's not as bad as having your head cut off but it is still not right.

new topics

top topics

join