It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolutionary discovery means world may not run out of crude

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I simply see this as an excuse for big oil to not change their ways at all. They were getting pressure from all sorts of interest groups to shift away from the traditional crude oil paradigm, but now they can keep producing it forever!

Long live Exxon-Mobil!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I see this as bad news.

Running out of oil would've finally forced true investment in clean energy.

Now it looks like we're stuck with the black stuff forever.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Russia has been finding oil below 40,000 feet using their "ultra deep drilling techniques" since the 1970's.

Russia Proves 'Peak Oil' Is A Misleading Zionist Scam

In 1970, the Russians started drilling Kola SG-3, an exploration well which finally reached a staggering world record depth of 40,230 feet. Since then, Russian oil majors including Yukos have quietly drilled more than 310 successful super-deep oil wells, and put them into production. .

The idea that the Earth itself "makes" oil is called the Abiotic Oil Theory.

Here is a diagram of how this "ultra deep oil drilling" works.

This has been discussed plenty of times here on ATS.

Is 'Peak Oil' a scam?
Abiotic theory of oil - 'infinite' supply
Peak Oil a fake.

[edit on 9/15/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ashnomadonte

WOW....this is very odd, I was surfing the net and saw a paper on scribd called "Revelation of an Insider", within this paper the "Insider" states that there is no oil shortage that the earth replaces what we take just watch the bee's.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

The "slingshot", as it is called, can be mass produced for far cheaper than the current costs. Unfortunately, it requires massive start-up capital.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by TheTruthShallFreeYou]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
First post, but I felt compelled. I think some of you are missing the forest for the trees. The reason that big oil suppresses the fuel saving tech. is because it would be Disastrous to global stability. You guys want to talk about war, try backrupting a few oil rich Muslim countries and find out what kind of war that brings. The reason these technologies must be squashed is because it would stop the cash flow. I have a few friends in Alaska who have worked on oil rigs as summer work and they make a KILLING. Imagine the literally millions of people across the world that 100% rely on oil for a living that would be put in the streets if these techs. were globally adopted. No one thinks about this. Sure there is .0000001% of the population that make milions on big oil and are the most corrupt people you could ever meet, but there are for more honest people that absolutly rely on the fuel industry to put food in their families mouths. These techs. are fun to think about and good for the eco system but they are the worst thing EVER for global stability. As long as there is money and jobs created by oil, you better believe they are going to squash techs that could cut into that and you better beleive that the gov. is going to back it up. BUT that is not just good for the three CEO's of oil, but it is also good for multi millions of people that make a living off the industry. Stop thinking about Four CEO's and a couple of Muslim princes and think about the bigger global picture.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by trueperspective]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think they got many reasons why they want to stick with oil.

1- they already have a good platform to make money with it.
2- they already know its there for ever
3- since they got monopole they can play with the prices when they want
4- using oil will limit human technology advance.(no new energy no new ways of using it)
5- no deep space exploration for a long long time to come with out new energy source. So no Ufo disclosure for now

All planned out I say.

Now think about this. When you are sitting with friends and have an idea to make money and you brainstorm. Dont you try to figure out all the possibilities for it to work in a long term scale. Dont you plan it to be effective for years to come as you want the income that comes with it.

Now multi million corps have the dollards to spend for that type of reasearch dont you think they want to hold on to what they got already. Dont you think they planned it all out already and have already the answers but keep it as corp secret.

Its for the money nothing else, we wont be able to take it away from them. They are making more money now with global warming and gas emitions that are sold like stock market bounds. Why let go the money making machine for something free?

My opinion oil is not the solution.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by NIGHTRID3R]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

man this sucks, now we can just keep heating up the world till we are all dead,man and then we will start pulling all the gas out of the air, and then it will get to cold, they will never want to learn the consequences of there actions they dont even know what they do.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This discovery is not new, there were scientists discussing this (and being blackballed for doing so) during the start of the "Peak Oil" movement.

1- they already have a good platform to make money with it.
2- they already know its there for ever
3- since they got monopole they can play with the prices when they want
4- using oil will limit human technology advance.(no new energy no new ways of using it)
5- no deep space exploration for a long long time to come with out new energy source.

Very interesting points.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Chai_An]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
This is not necessarliy new news. I like to read over on bobistheoilguy.com, oil engineers forum, but open to the public as well. About 2 years ago, thier was a thread, about a new theory, that oils was Abiotic...meaning its kinda like, earth blood, rather than made of the land before time. So, when humans extract oil form a well, thiers a good chance the oil will replace itself in that well, over millions of years.

Even less time than that.There are a number of fields particularly one in the gulf of Mexico that has been producing way beyond the estimate for its yield.

They pump it dry wait a while and go back and it has refilled and they pump it again.

Plus there is oil every where in the world. Most is not close enough to "suck up".

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Scientists proved this years ago. That dead animal matter isn't needed for hydrocarbon production.

Limestone + Iron Oxide (rust) + Pressure = Methane.

Also, large quantities of Methane have been found on Mars.
So either....

No dead plants/animals are needed for hydrocarbon production.

or

There are dead plants/animals on Mars turning into hydrocarbons.

At least those are the conclusion I have reached.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I wish we would run out of oil.
We don't need it anymore.
There are too many cleaner sources of energy.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte

Originally posted by stevegmu
I'm willing to bet the process is very costly and requires a lot of energy to produce. It's like the Segway guy who invented a machine which can separate and clean water from any liquid. It works great, but the machine costs $200000 to make.

Yeah, I remember that lol and like I said before I hope they refine the process to a point that it can be an every day thing can you imagine a fuel pump that makes the fuel. While you pump that would be wicked awesome.

while we are at it, we should work on cars that have that inside so they don't need to be pumped.. And trees that make money, so we don't have to work

-rrr

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by corusso

Yes, on paper, but not deployed. It would be very disappointing to order those solar panels only to find out that UPS trucks can't deliver it to your home because... oops, ups doesn't yet have electric trucks.

-rrr

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Oh, man. I hope we don't abandon Dark Energy as a source. Not only would we not have to get rid of our cars, but we COULD get rid of gas stations (or other "fueling up" stops).

Dark Energy (Zero Point Energy, Orgone, and a wide array of other titles) is non-polluting, available everywhere (literally!), and we would not have to pay for the energy once we have an extraction device.

So though this is not that bad a bit of news, I fear They will keep us paying for our energy.

[sigh]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr

Yes, on paper, but not deployed. It would be very disappointing to order those solar panels only to find out that UPS trucks can't deliver it to your home because... oops, ups doesn't yet have electric trucks.

-rrr

This is obviously something that can't and won't happen over night...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

All things have a way.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr

-rrr

This is obviously something that can't and won't happen over night...

Even if it took 10 years to happen I believe we would see major starvation and war (to get the last "drops" of oil) though I think without an event like that or the threat of it, people are not going to bother changing their ways, so some form of catastrophe is almost inevitable.

Many alternative energy technologies still depend on oil for their manufacture, etc. So we better use the oil we have to get them up and running before we are forced to use alternative energy to produce our own alternative energy equipment, cause that will be a very slow and painful process.

-rrr

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This news is hardly new, at least to the oil companies anyway. My grandfather was a Bigwig with Texaco. I remember him telling me this when I was I was a kid. He didnt mention the exact exact chemestry involved but he did say that oil was a renewal resource and that oil companies didnt want that little tidbit to get out to the general public. That was back in the 70s when he told me that. The oil companies have know this for years and covered it up.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Remember when everyone was waiting in line for gas in the late 70's or early 80's? Well, at that time I happened to be working for Exxon. A person that was fairly high up in the company told me that at time Shell Oil company alone had enough crude oil stockpiled to last AT LEAST another 200 years.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join