It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't call me a racist until you read the whole OP

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Petchy29

So African Americans have physically evolved since slavery? Their physic is COMPLETELY different?? Their physical appearance is different from their African ancestors? They're more athletic than Africans as a result of slavery?

"So, what do you think, has slavery actually benefited todays African American in a way?"

After the intro about the evolutionary process physically changing African Americans you bother to ask? Why dont you just come out and say that slavery benefited African Americans?? "Hey we ripped you from your home raped, tortured and enslaved you but look how good you are at sports. Ah the benefits."

I just loved how you added, "I have many African American friends, as well as friends of all races" just in case we missed the, "I AM NOT A RACIST".

Wow dude, I almost wish that was me you tried to pull that with because I would'nt have a problem saying it and you wouldn't be able to superimpose your idea of what I really am hiding about my evil side.

Fact is, what if their was benefits to bringing blacks here? What if their is a silver lining in all that injustice done? What if many Black athletes making millions today because of slavery yesterday?

You talk as if our Government gave them a Boat ride ticket to go back to africa back then, they would have been jumping at the chance to get the hell out of here. Fact is many had that very opportunity and for some reason, they saw more "benefits" in staying here.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Would you agree the average American has a better life than the average African? If I were black, I'd thank my lucky stars for slavery. After all, I'm here, not starving, fighting off malaria, or dying of AIDS in Africa.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Sure, that also explains why the Chinese and Native Americans also excel in sports.

americanhistory.suite101.com...

Sorry sA biut the premise is simply flawed ... maybe someone just got their copy of The Bell Curve and thought it was breaking news.

Again, there are physical evolutionary variances between races, but not due to slavery.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Originally posted by Stylez

Originally posted by MysterE
reply to post by john124

I also believe that is due to evolution. For instance, why is it that marathon, and runing events are often won by someone for kenya? Because their ancestors did not have cars, or trains to ride. They ran. literally, long distances to get from one place to another.

-E-

Yeah and this is how lizards learn to fly by jumping off cliffs they evolved feathers and grew wings like lamarkism

Maximum applause for that!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa1597769e71.jpg[/atsimg]

Just sayin

-E-

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Stylez

wow... now that comment just made me spit out my beer

blacks

whites

STUPID

god help us..

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

reply to post by Petchy29

You missed the point way beyond what I would image, so I will add this disclaimer for idiots like you. I do not condone slavery. I do not think it was bebeficial to African Americans. Slavery was one of the darkest times of American history. It blows my mind that Americans were so stupid at one point as to think slavery way acceptable. I was simply trying to explain why there was such a huge stitistical anomaly in sports. Why don't you give a better reason instead of saying i'm an idiot?

-E-

You shouldn't waste your time defending yourself against post like these. If they can't understand what you are trying to say in your OP and still accuse you of things like this then they aren't trying to understand you.

In my post to you I agreed with you because it's not racism that you are speaking, it's simple facts. One example i used in my post was why blacks are not professional swimmers.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Eight]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Again, there are physical evolutionary variances between races, but not due to slavery.

This is like saying cattle breeders don't get them prime heffers because of cattle farming. HA HA

That stud fees for prize race horses have nothing to do with horse racing. mmm Ok

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

well steroids help...

but then again we are talking about genetics not self induced HORMONES one can acquire down at the local GYM..

get my drift?

I think you resent the fact the OP uses the word SLAVERY as his basis?

tell me do you think being / living 1000 meters above sea level matters to the metabolic rate of a person / living being ?

if not then i guess my point is proven just like the OP's is

but then again you do not even understand or want to look up research that has been done on a fruit fly that shares 98% of your genetic code

do you?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Originally posted by Stylez

reply to post by john124

I also believe that is due to evolution. For instance, why is it that marathon, and runing events are often won by someone for kenya? Because their ancestors did not have cars, or trains to ride. They ran. literally, long distances to get from one place to another.

-E-

Yeah and this is how lizards learn to fly by jumping off cliffs they evolved feathers and grew wings like lamarkism

Maximum applause for that!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa1597769e71.jpg[/atsimg]

Just sayin

-E-

I guess thats on its way to becoming a bird huh? Like them flying squirrels musta been what bats used to be huh?

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Stylez]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It's not racist to talk about race.

It is the genetic make-up that means black people have an advantage, as they have greater muscle mass. However, a disadvantage is that black people can't swim due to denser bones.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I will accept the fact that I overlooked the fact that slave owners chose the most capable person as a worker, and that would also play a large roll in the genetics of the African Americans here in America.

With that said I willrevise my statement to add that ancestrial selectiveness also contributed to the caliber of African American athletes in America today.

-E-

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety
It's not racist to talk about race.

It is the genetic make-up that means black people have an advantage, as they have greater muscle mass. However, a disadvantage is that black people can't swim due to denser bones.

I've just said that.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Pleas keep in mind thisis just a theory of mine.

I understand, was just interested to see if you'd actually found anything to back it up.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Stylez

Well said..

The very fact the condition of the people and the environment be for they came slaves is a factor is key..

the slave part just adds to it..

lets not for get here that most of Africa is 1000 meters ABOVE sea level that means you require less oxygen to function compared to someone who lives in the UK or most parts of the world "USA"

So to bring a person from 1000 meters and BREED him / her Unwittingly knowing that you are ADAPTING they body to preform a function it was not use to and WORKING it would result in a SUPPER human.. in this respect

so in short yes slavery did play its part in the athletic ability of SOME African Americans AND others "MR BOLT" who i may add is from Jamaica to run fast and do all kinda mad stuff "NORMALLY" without no substance abuse.

its a very valid point and i think the OP is spot on to point it out..

and its got NOTHING to do with SKIN COLOUR its GENETICS

link   

Originally posted by Eight

One example i used in my post was why blacks are not professional swimmers.

Hate to break it to you but there aren't many swimming pools either in the projects or in Somalia.

For the longest time folks with this mentality thought that black folk couldn't golf or play tennis either ... god forbid become president.

What a bunch of nonsense the whole premise of this thread is ... based on selective scientific tidbits to put together a preconceived theory. A narrow interpretation of misunderstood science and pseudo-science without regard for countless short and long variables such as social, economic, and historical dynamics. Not to mention a total lack of grasp of evolutionary science.

As far as hypothesis go, this one really scrapes the bottom.

[edit on 15 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

link   
...there wasnt enough time for slavery to cause evolutionary changes... the only impact slavery might have had on african americans excelling in some sports is angst level, which can cause a person to be an over-achiever but angst isnt limited to just sports or ethnicity... additionally, since african americans are not the only ethnicity to have been enslaved, if slavery were a valid issue then the same results would be seen in all ethnic groups whose ancestors had been enslaved and that is simply not the case...

Wiki evolution
The African American was forced to adapt to manual labor for extensive periods of time. Thus, the large nose with wide nostrels able to intake oxygen at a higher rate to fuel the muscles.

...citing wiki on evolution is as intelligent as citing a comic book on brain surgery...

Naturally higher average testosterone levels and a greater number of testosterone receptors probably contribute to the leaner more heavily muscled physique of blacks compared to whites

...muddy waters, robert johnson, louis armstrong, count basie, buddy guy, bb king - although exceptionally wonderfully perfect, were not muscle-bound specimens... they mightve been a bit over-charged in the testosterone area but the only muscles that affected had nothing to do with sports (thank goodness)...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I will accept the fact that I overlooked the fact that slave owners chose the most capable person as a worker, and that would also play a large roll in the genetics of the African Americans here in America.

With that said I willrevise my statement to add that ancestrial selectiveness also contributed to the caliber of African American athletes in America today.

-E-

Actually, it's artificial selection and as i recall, Hitler was attempting to create an entire race of aryan super beings like this.

But that damn Jessie owens from America messed up all the cool clothes design colors he had worked on that went so well with the blond locks and blue eyes.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...citing wiki on evolution is as intelligent as citing a comic book on brain surgery...

I hate to be rude, but that comment perspires idiocy.

-E-

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Where can I read more about "angst theory" it sounds fascinating!

Can you imagine what we could have done with all that angst American indians had if we had only harnessed their angst?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

Yes everyone knows wikki isn't an evolution approved website source.

I don't care if it is in a comic book or not as long as it's true who cares and the fact is, their is truth to what he said.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join