It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't call me a racist until you read the whole OP

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Thank you symmetricAvenger. What seems like basic observation to you and I is mis-construed as racism or ignorance to most.

-E-

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
You don't deserve to be called racist on the strength of the OP...uninformed and speculative would be more accurate. Generalizing attributes across racial lines will attract accusations of racism that you'll find hard to defend without digging yourself deeper. The Kenya comment overlooks individual athletic ability and implies that Kenyans (as a nationality) are good because they ran everywhere. WTF? I'm persuaded that you don't intend to...but that statement is very close to a popular BS line of the white racist. A lot of them like to explain African ability as 'running from lions and throwing spears.'

Like Schrodinger, I predict a chorus of barely concealed dumb assumptions in support of the OP. Some will drift over the line into transparent racism. Many won't even know they're doing it

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

This is very true, and you are correct about the marathon and Kenya

They walk MILES or "run" to get water!! and have done for a very very long time

adaptation to ones surroundings is important when it comes to evolution as it shapes the "thing" correct?

like i said very well spot on regardless and i do not find your post rascist in any way shape or form

BOLT fastest man on the planet.. 9.10 seconds over 100 hundred meters

please feel free to check out the records of HOW many have won gold at the Olympics and what RACE "silly word" have won it

BLACK people..

slavery did its part in making "some" of our fellow humans MEGA fit

i hate saying black or white personally but the genetics of this is Very apparent as shown by the OP

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE

I personally feel this has been brought on by evolutionary factory, mainly slavery.

I want to add the disclaimer that I AM NOT A RACIST. I have many African American friends, as well as friends of all races. I am simply trying to logically deduce a statistical anomoly.

So, what do you think, has slavery actually benefited todays African American in a way?

-E-

So African Americans have physically evolved since slavery? Their physic is COMPLETELY different?? Their physical appearance is different from their African ancestors? They're more athletic than Africans as a result of slavery?

"So, what do you think, has slavery actually benefited todays African American in a way?"

After the intro about the evolutionary process physically changing African Americans you bother to ask? Why dont you just come out and say that slavery benefited African Americans?? "Hey we ripped you from your home raped, tortured and enslaved you but look how good you are at sports. Ah the benefits."

I just loved how you added, "I have many African American friends, as well as friends of all races" just in case we missed the, "I AM NOT A RACIST".

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I dont think the OP is putting it in the context that you are replying too

he makes valid points ... very valid points

I could not out pace a person who walks five miles a day for a jug of water

could you?

let alone the height and density of the atmosphere and sea level..

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Petchy29

I Think you are confusing METABOLIC with PHYSICAL appearance..

and the short answer is YES

they did in fact have the metabolic rates changed through labor..

it would over time effect the genes in any given person / lineage

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

could you?

Sigh sA ... please look up the distinction between evolution and muscle memory.

As far as there being physical differences between races of humans the answer is of course, but they don't happen over three hundred years since slavery as the OP suggests. That time frame is way to short.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

reply to post by john124

I also believe that is due to evolution. For instance, why is it that marathon, and runing events are often won by someone for kenya? Because their ancestors did not have cars, or trains to ride. They ran. literally, long distances to get from one place to another.

-E-

Yeah and this is how lizards learn to fly by jumping off cliffs they evolved feathers and grew wings like lamarkism

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
You don't deserve to be called racist on the strength of the OP...uninformed and speculative would be more accurate. Generalizing attributes across racial lines will attract accusations of racism that you'll find hard to defend without digging yourself deeper. The Kenya comment overlooks individual athletic ability and implies that Kenyans (as a nationality) are good because they ran everywhere. WTF?

wiki

I believe you stand corrected.

-E-

[edit on 15-9-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
You my friend aren't racist, and you can feel better about it coming from a black dude. It's what i've been saying for awhile, the only reason why black folks have a physical edge when it comes to sports is the because of the time spent in slavery.

Slaves were breed and mated like livestock.

But don't feel to bad, there was a white guy, in sports, who said the same thing and the media pretty much drummed him out?

MY question is how is it racist to infer that blacks actually got a physical "leg-up" during slavery? I mean damn, that's the only thing my ancestors got, well that and a ticket the most kick ass country in the world but i digress..

Great post S&F for you!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

could you?

Sigh sA ... please look up the distinction between evolution and muscle memory.

As far as there being physical differences between races of humans the answer is of course, but they don't happen over three hundred years since slavery as the OP suggests. That time frame is way to short.

She is talking about "hybridization" and that time is not too short, look at the many breeds of domestic dogs we have in only 1500 years. They are the most varied species of mammal around.

You want an even faster example google "LIGER" and "Tigon"

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stylez

reply to post by john124

I also believe that is due to evolution. For instance, why is it that marathon, and runing events are often won by someone for kenya? Because their ancestors did not have cars, or trains to ride. They ran. literally, long distances to get from one place to another.

-E-

Yeah and this is how lizards learn to fly by jumping off cliffs they evolved feathers and grew wings like lamarkism

Maximum applause for that!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorian Guard

I agree with you, Your not going to find any evolutionary difference in the span of just a few generations.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
You don't deserve to be called racist on the strength of the OP...uninformed and speculative would be more accurate. Generalizing attributes across racial lines will attract accusations of racism that you'll find hard to defend without digging yourself deeper. The Kenya comment overlooks individual athletic ability and implies that Kenyans (as a nationality) are good because they ran everywhere. WTF?

wiki

I believe you stand corrected.

-E-

[edit on 15-9-2009 by MysterE]

That's not the whole population of Africa , or even a significant amount!

[edit on 15-9-2009 by john124]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
You my friend aren't racist, and you can feel better about it coming from a black dude. It's what i've been saying for awhile, the only reason why black folks have a physical edge when it comes to sports is the because of the time spent in slavery.

Slaves were breed and mated like livestock.

But don't feel to bad, there was a white guy, in sports, who said the same thing and the media pretty much drummed him out?

MY question is how is it racist to infer that blacks actually got a physical "leg-up" during slavery? I mean damn, that's the only thing my ancestors got, well that and a ticket the most kick ass country in the world but i digress..

Great post S&F for you!

Exactly! Livestock is a great analogy for this example the op offers and it was damn nice of ya saying what ya did to alay any doubts anyone has about her real intentions etc.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

reply to post by john124

-E-

Huh? If this were true then everyones ancestors should have been amazing long distance runners...

Cars havent always been around of affordable for everybody....plus, there are much poorer countries than Kenya...for example, Mongolia. Last time I checked, no Mongolian has won a long distance race...

Thanks for the laugh though

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Petchy29

You missed the point way beyond what I would image, so I will add this disclaimer for idiots like you. I do not condone slavery. I do not think it was bebeficial to African Americans. Slavery was one of the darkest times of American history. It blows my mind that Americans were so stupid at one point as to think slavery way acceptable. I was simply trying to explain why there was such a huge stitistical anomaly in sports. Why don't you give a better reason instead of saying i'm an idiot?

-E-

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Well in fact its not short at all.. consider a fruit fly?.. I know you are going to say OH but that is a fly!!

evolution happens regardless of your ego and metabolic rates can happen with in just 1 generation.

he is trying to point out if your working your socks off picking cotton and what have you "your metabolic rates" IE how long you can work will change over time.. be it short or not you will pass it on..

slavery did not just FALL on America over night mate, the very thing he talks about is in relation to the environment of Africans them self's to begin with.

What he is pointing out is that the slaves of the time "yes black people" had indeed the "lets walk 5 miles for water" built in as that was the environment this would mean how they evolve correct?

now they are shipped to the USA or any other nation for that matter and a lot of factors come into play "like i said sea level" and the AIR..

you have to prepare for this CHANGE "even footballers do it" when playing in places with different density in atmospher

so over time YES one can see the logic of what OP is saying.. being a SLAVE would CHANGE ones metabolism over time to 1) get use to the sea level and also get use to HARD WORK 24/7

so the point is SOME African Americans are what hitter wanted to make a supper race of humans

but instead of eugenics .. it happened via natural selection and the human inability to see past is own nose ; )

kinda ironic but funny and true!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

Thank you cenpuppie, you are a voice of reason in the midst of the unreasonable.

-E-

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

well technically your making me laugh.. can you fly?

no you cant.. that is because the genes in your body are not switched on in order for you to do so even tho you have the genes to fly

well? how stupid do you look or are you totally clueless about genetics?

now im laughing at you.. how does it feel?

the OP makes a valid point and i give him kudos for at least trying to point out something without being labeled and idiot by people who have no clue on the subject

mind you most of the posts are crazy on this anyway and boil down to snarky comments

Blacks are better than white. NO WAYYY whites are better!!

stupid and ignorant more so when the OP said nothing of the kind.. he was pointing out evolution not race

and race? what race? black race? white race?

people need to understand what the world RACE means.. its got bugger all to do with colour or culture..

its ABOUT SPECIES

care to tell me your not human? now thats funny..

Chimp, Orangutan, Ape, Shall i keep going? or shall i call you a silly MONKEY?

lol pathetic

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join