It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "Kanye Is A Jack(arse)"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I personally don't like him AND what he does.

But what he said speaks truth.
What Kanye did really wouldn't help bring respect back to America.

Heck, it makes Americans look bad

[edit on 15-9-2009 by GambitVII]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

The is the best thing that Obama has said in a long time. We can now accuse Obama of being a 'playa' hater. Hip Hoppers will rise up against Obama.

Incidentally, I watched Leno's new show last night and the little jackass was on as a previously scheduled guest. The little guy looked like he was going to cry because he felt so bad about what he did.
Then he sucked it up in started to sing. Which of course prompted me to switch channels.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
In fact the media will probably spend two days on it. Asking questions like "should presidents comment on pop culture?" they will have panels discussing it. They will bring James Carville in and his wife Mary Matlin to discuss it.

As much as I love music, it's not exactly brain surgery. It quite unprofessional like to comment on pop culture.. makes the man look kinda weak. Most people enjoy music 'tho, and in reality Obama prob has his own favorites too.

Maybe he should say he listens to Mozart or Chopin or something.

Anyway, I don't understand West's popularity, and the tune "Heartless" isn't even hip-hop. It's some vocoder-crap r'n'b.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
reply to post by Centurionx

He was referring to the video.

Not the song.

Both are equally awful.

edit: Did'nt Beyonce end up winning best video of the year? Why did he feel the need to ruin Swift's moment of glory, must've had a little too much mead.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by Centurionx]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

This is what happens when you "completely" remove bullies and natural consequences from families and schools!!

Somebody like Kanye would have learned a lot of hard lessons 20 or 50 years ago, but today, they are protected and coddled all the way up until they are adults!

I really, really wish he would cross someone that doesn't care about the consequences! Where is DMX or C Murder when you need them!??

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Kanye West is a jackass... agreed... however Obama has been doing this long enough to know that a comment such as that one given off the record to REPORTERS would become public knowledge very quickly and would do wonders for his popularity.
He knew what he was doing when he said that and it has worked... even with people on here who are very much against him however are now relating to him.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamana
Kanye West is a jackass... agreed... however Obama has been doing this long enough to know that a comment such as that one given off the record to REPORTERS would become public knowledge very quickly and would do wonders for his popularity.

The reporter who let it out may have thought so...but I don't think ABC likes apologizing for slip-ups of its staff, especially regarding the POTUS. Further, anybody in the public eye has an arrangement with the press that 'off the record' is sacrosanct. Violating that principal is the quickest way to become invisible, and becoming invisible in the President's press corps is the quickest way to become unemployed.

I am still amused by those posters who are finding this an opportunity to slag Obama..."he did something right, so it must have been a set-up".

People, please, even a broken watch is right twice a day. Get back on the meds...you know you want to.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Good for Obama, he was being kind to that idiot.

They should ban the egomaniac from any future award shows.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

This is what happens when you "completely" remove bullies and natural consequences from families and schools!!

Somebody like Kanye would have learned a lot of hard lessons 20 or 50 years ago, but today, they are protected and coddled all the way up until they are adults!

I really, really wish he would cross someone that doesn't care about the consequences! Where is DMX or C Murder when you need them!??

Agreed. The guy has no manners, and it's not like he grew up in the ghetto. Matter of fact, he came from a well to do family and should show some respect. Then again this is'nt the 1st time he made a clown out of himself, what a jerk. Even Beyonce had a wtf look on her face, she was totally embarassed. From what I've seen of his antics, he seems to have a hatred towards whites.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Actually, I'm not just using this as an opportunity to slag Obama... in fact (although I am in the UK) I support him and am not against him in any way. I just feel like this is a manipulation, that's all.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I never have a problem with someone speaking the truth. West is a jackass!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamana

Actually, I'm not just using this as an opportunity to slag Obama... in fact (although I am in the UK) I support him and am not against him in any way. I just feel like this is a manipulation, that's all.

I understand what you are saying and my reference to 'slagging' was directed at those who insist upon affixing a partisan spin upon every reference to the man. You know the type...everything they see, every thought, life in general, is processed through an I HATE OBAMA filter, and thus becomes an unending tiresome tirade.

Even this amusing aside from everyday politics.

I simply disagree with your post...you know, in a friendly, over-a-pint- of-bitters kinda way.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Maybe it was payback for this.....

It still makes me laugh. The look Mike Myers face is priceless.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I think this will be a big wake up to reality for Mr. West... his ego was far to big in my opinion, and this whole episode with Taylor Swift will hopefully humble him.

If not, well then maybe Obama is right, he really is a Jackass!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Kanye who? His career is about over...

Taylor Swift is a lovely young woman who didn't deserve to be at the receiving end of a classless-idiot desperate for attention.

She will go on to achieve even more success,the younger crowd LOVES her and she acts like a "kid" should.

He was a mediocre talent at best. Props to Beyonce who honestly is amazing and classy.

To me,it's yet another example of the rude-behavior rampant in this country currently and it's been tolerated way too long.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I honestly can't say that I disagree with Obama on this one.

Kanye is a jackass

'nuff said McGreevey

[edit on 9/15/2009 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
There aren't too many issues where Obama and I agree, but this is one. He's right. The guy is a jackass.

Obama, you got this one right.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeeJay
I for once have to agree with BO. Kanye West acted like a complete Jackass. I think he's gettin' too big for his britches.

this guy has done this so many times, his "apology" has turned into a polite F U. it's time for him to be banned from award shows. he is acting like a 2 year old, and therefore should not be allowed around adult gatherings.

and besides with him doing this and serena williams FUing the line judge, you give these racist right-wingers plenty of "SEE I TOLD YOU SO" ammunition

[edit on 15-9-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Obama is quoting meez: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And it's about time!

This is funny and I love it!

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Kanye is a jack ass, always has been, only now his ego swelled large enough to convince him it is ok to jump on a stage even when it is someone else's turn, just to "voice his opinion" no one cares about his opinion there is about 6 billion opinions on the planet and he's not special. Being from Chicago and all it was a little unavoidable to hear his music, it was alright at first, and I liked the story around "through the wire". But eversince he stole the gummy bear song for love lock down, there was no love anymore. Previous sentence is pure personal opinion, but the similarities are striking in the melodies.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join